Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Trigger wrote:
    Shots fired!!

Who pulled the trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Whilst he didn’t suit how OGS wanted United to play him being sold before a replacement was got in was madness. It’s not like United are stuck for a Bob and had to balance the books like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭KH25

Playing safe isn’t in the clubs DNA....yet the team can barely string a pass together up front, let alone get shots in. Right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I’ve said it before but there’s so much wrong with the words and phrases he chooses when speaking to media outlets.

There’s more from this set of quotes again but, from his comments Re: finding out Williams & Garner are PL players in Belgrade, does that mean he was just throwing on the closest young lad to him last week when he brought Williams on against Liverpool in the actual Premier League and hadn’t a clue if he was up to it or not?

The more he speaks and the longer this goes on the more it becomes apparent that Oles “style” of management amounts to pissing in the dark. Praise every drop that makes into the bowl and ignore the puddle he’s standing in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,002 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Just seeing the press conference again. Apart from an old boss of mine I can’t EVER recall hearing anyone emit the levels of such disingenuous bullshît that Ole does...

“You have to be brave. You have to trust your players and trust the kids,” Solskjaer told Sky Sports News, ahead of Sunday’s trip to Norwich.

No Ole, you have to assemble a squad with a mix of experience and youth, talent, guile, freedom of expression and toughness. Bravery on the pitch yes. Off it certainty, belief goes a long way but without other qualities trust is just misplaced.

That first tweet seems like a message to the likes of Pogba as much as it's an endorsement of the younger players

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The three quotes are about the young players and he was asked a question about them.

People keep reading way too much into his replies to questions that are put to him.

When asked about the young lads be has to talk them up. When asked about another team he has to be respectful. When asked about a player like Kane, as he was the other day again he has to be respectful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

RasTa wrote: »
    Not sure who is having a worse season so far. Us, the mods or VAR

Definitely utd

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Definitely utd

Tottenham, I would say! Champions league finalists and new stadium! Expectations were high but it seems to be falling apart slowly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Had the weirdest dream just there and given how I’ve felt about Paul Pogba I feel like my view of him has been changed completely like in the movie inception.

Basically In the dream I’m in his house and just talking with him as he brings me around his house. I think I’m one of his team mates at the club (a Senior player). His house is massive as you wouid imagine but it’s full of people, just such a busy house.

I was really starting to warm to him as he was telling me loads about himself and he really did seem like a lovely guy. Providing for an extended family and friends. Didn’t take the marketing stuff too seriously and genuinely enjoyed it and it wasn’t a distraction from his football.

By the time the tour finished he we got to his hall and he put his arm around me and we stood in a spot where a cameraman about 50 Metres away took a picture of us. He has a cameraman that just takes pictures of people who call into Paul’s house!!

And we are starting to finish up and says , “just before you go , just a reminder you owe me €209”. I said I didn’t have any cash on me but would Catch him again. Then I said, “why don’t I pay in that coffee shop You have in your foyer”. He agreed and went behind The counter, typed in €209 And the transaction was done. Diligent as always Paul made sure the payment was accepted.

Then he started to walk me down a corridor that led to a big gate where he would Let me out. I was just telling him, as one of his team mates, that I don’t get his lifestyle but was going to tell him that meeting him has completely changed what I think about him but he interrupted me and said something like:

“ I love football and all I wanted to do was come here, play good football, make friends with you guys and we would all do well together. But I feel like my team mates rejected me and didn’t want to know me or be my friend. You have waited nearly 3 years to call over to me. Why couldn’t you do this when I joined and needed a friend?”

He wasn’t angry , he was genuinely disappointed and he was saying this as he walked me to the gates.

I was saying “I can call up again Paul, it’s not too late to be friends!”. He was like “it’s ok, it’s ok, it is what it is” and I just fell to my knees screaming to you he heavens “I am so sorry Paul, I was wrong, I was so very wrong about you.......”

Then I woke up and wondered where the f**k did that come from?

That's some next level Liverpool fan stuff there.
    It's RAWKish in it's madness.
    Snap out of it man,come back to the light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Drumpot wrote: »
    Had the weirdest dream just there and given how I’ve felt about Paul Pogba I feel like my view of him has been changed completely like in the movie inception.

Basically In the dream I’m in his house and just talking with him as he brings me around his house. I think I’m one of his team mates at the club (a Senior player). His house is massive as you wouid imagine but it’s full of people, just such a busy house.

I was really starting to warm to him as he was telling me loads about himself and he really did seem like a lovely guy. Providing for an extended family and friends. Didn’t take the marketing stuff too seriously and genuinely enjoyed it and it wasn’t a distraction from his football.

By the time the tour finished he we got to his hall and he put his arm around me and we stood in a spot where a cameraman about 50 Metres away took a picture of us. He has a cameraman that just takes pictures of people who call into Paul’s house!!

And we are starting to finish up and says , “just before you go , just a reminder you owe me €209”. I said I didn’t have any cash on me but would Catch him again. Then I said, “why don’t I pay in that coffee shop You have in your foyer”. He agreed and went behind The counter, typed in €209 And the transaction was done. Diligent as always Paul made sure the payment was accepted.

Then he started to walk me down a corridor that led to a big gate where he would Let me out. I was just telling him, as one of his team mates, that I don’t get his lifestyle but was going to tell him that meeting him has completely changed what I think about him but he interrupted me and said something like:

“ I love football and all I wanted to do was come here, play good football, make friends with you guys and we would all do well together. But I feel like my team mates rejected me and didn’t want to know me or be my friend. You have waited nearly 3 years to call over to me. Why couldn’t you do this when I joined and needed a friend?”

He wasn’t angry , he was genuinely disappointed and he was saying this as he walked me to the gates.

I was saying “I can call up again Paul, it’s not too late to be friends!”. He was like “it’s ok, it’s ok, it is what it is” and I just fell to my knees screaming to you he heavens “I am so sorry Paul, I was wrong, I was so very wrong about you.......”

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Trigger wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Not as weird as the Rafael and toes story ......ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Biggest WTF thing I have read in quite a while

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Even worse than what Ole said about Norwich

One of the most vivid dreams I’ve had ever! Glad at least I paid Paul back what I owed him in my dream, that wouldn’t of sat right with me , waking up and feeling like I owe him 200 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

And that’s saying something, but I concur.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Now now

14078338158_0d25b5af95_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

10 points from 9 games............5 points ahead of the bottom team in the league, 15 points off top spot.. I am getting sick of Oles constant sound-bites, I can see not improvement what so ever in the team, lose today and he should be given the boot, will never be good enough to get the team competing again......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

One of the most vivid dreams I’ve had ever! Glad at least I paid Paul back what I owed him in my dream, that wouldn’t of sat right with me , waking up and feeling like I owe him 200 quid.

I doubt he'd notice missing 200 quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

source.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,712 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Welcome to my world lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭limnam

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    10 points from 9 games............5 points ahead of the bottom team in the league, 15 points off top spot.. I am getting sick of Oles constant sound-bites, I can see not improvement what so ever in the team, lose today and he should be given the boot, will never be good enough to get the team competing again......

You don't think they're fitter and having more craic?

The problem here is not Ole, it's your observation skills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Im curious what people what Ole to say in these interviews. Jose got slated for airing dirty laundry in public, ole got it for suggesting we need to be at our best to have a chance at carrow rd (one time I agree that he shouldn't be saying that) and now when he's talking up the academy kids. Honestly it feels like unless results and performances change there is nothing he can say that won't have him attacked from one section or other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Contrary to popular belief I think we’ll win today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

He's heaped praise on Martial stating he's the number 9 the club needs so I do hope a) he believes this and isn't just blowing smoke and b) martial does deliver as Ole has a lot riding on it.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Im curious what people what Ole to say in these interviews. Jose got slated for airing dirty laundry in public, ole got it for suggesting we need to be at our best to have a chance at carrow rd (one time I agree that he shouldn't be saying that) and now when he's talking up the academy kids. Honestly it feels like unless results and performances change there is nothing he can say that won't have him attacked from one section or other.

I think this is the case.

When things are not going as we want we get annoyed about everything and get triggered easily.

Do I trust Ole is trying to do his best? Most definitely. If he didn’t believe he was the right man for the job or that he could work within the circus of the club I don’t think he’d stay on. While a part of me wants him to quit and tell all , I think it’s unfair to stain his character by suggesting he’s a major problem.

Maybe he isn’t up to the job, I never thought he should of been made permanent, but we are still stuck with the same idiots running the show whether he is there or not. That’s not to say he shouldn’t be replaced , I’m just saying I don’t think fans should turn on Ole (even if they do think he’s not good enough), he’s not the one who decides his fate. Maybe he can make it work somehow , I don’t know.

But what a Manager says to the media is literally like feeding sh*t to mushrooms. It’s public relations waffle and seldom really has any meaningful message that isn’t about the manager trying to use the media to paint whatever picture they want. Didnt pep say that , foden “is the ‘most talented player I have ever worked With?, so he’s better then messi but not worth starting? Messi at 19 Was amazing
    And playing regularly (a starter) for a Barca team that won the European cup.

Managers interviews should not be taken seriously most times as far as I am concerned.

Contrary to popular belief I think we’ll win today

Norwich will come out and play, it's teams that sit back that cause us problems,not enough movement and creative play to open them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Expecting to see the 3-5-2 formation again.

Rashford looks more effective playing in a two up front.

Norwich will come out and play, it's teams that sit back that cause us problems,not enough movement and creative play to open them up.

Norwich can play through good organised pressing our pressing should be no bother to them, they struggle themselves via defensive teams i can see them causing us trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I think this is the case.

When things are not going as we want we get annoyed about everything and get triggered easily.

Do I trust Ole is trying to do his best? Most definitely. If he didn’t believe he was the right man for the job or that he could work within the circus of the club I don’t think he’d stay on. While a part of me wants him to quit and tell all , I think it’s unfair to stain his character by suggesting he’s a major problem.

Maybe he isn’t up to the job, I never thought he should of been made permanent, but we are still stuck with the same idiots running the show whether he is there or not. That’s not to say he shouldn’t be replaced , I’m just saying I don’t think fans should turn on Ole (even if they do think he’s not good enough), he’s not the one who decides his fate. Maybe he can make it work somehow , I don’t know.

But what a Manager says to the media is literally like feeding sh*t to mushrooms. It’s public relations waffle and seldom really has any meaningful message that isn’t about the manager trying to use the media to paint whatever picture they want. Didnt pep say that , foden “is the ‘most talented player I have ever worked With?, so he’s better then messi but not worth starting? Messi at 19 Was amazing
    And playing regularly (a starter) for a Barca team that won the European cup.

Managers interviews should not be taken seriously most times as far as I am concerned.

Let's not code ourselves here,walking away means he leaves a SIGNIFICANT sum of money on the table. Say what you want but no one walks away from a big payday for sentimental value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

ShooterSF wrote: »

Speaking out against the Glazers & that chinless twat would be welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Even forgetting about the starting 11...........looking at the options from our bench is really a sign of where we have dropped to!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Young and Pereira :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Looking at that team it’s either going to be 3-1 Norwich or 3-1 United depending on who takes their chances.

A win today and we go into the top half of the table, what a time to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hopefully scrape another 1-0. If they score we're in trouble, we haven't scored more than once since the opening day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Not surprised but thought Williams should have started over Young, looks the most comfortable of the youth coming through.

Norwich players hassle and close down midfield quickly, Fred will need to be quicker than usual, big game needed from him.

Pereira did alright v Liverpool, consistency the big issue, another one he needs a big game.

More than 1 goal today not from a penalty would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

What station lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,002 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Even forgetting about the starting 11...........looking at the options from our bench is really a sign of where we have dropped to!!

Totally, there are people dressed as Manchester United footballers. Nobody there who has the ability to be a game changer, to give us impetus, to influence or grab the game by the scruff of the neck. Piss weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

4-2-3-1 Young and Pereira :(
    We'll make one chance
    We'll lose 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭limnam

GSPfan wrote: »
    What station lads?

You'll need to be in in the MENA region :pac:

limnam wrote: »
    You'll need to be in in the MENA region :pac:

I'm in Jamaica. What a Rush. ;)