Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Garner and Lingard did OK when they came on

Fred also did ok

Not getting carried away with that win

2 for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Anyone who can't enjoy that win and see some positives out of it better start following another team. United are not at the level of city and liverpool where wins like that are routine, they're in the group with arsenal, spurs and everton where any team can be a banana skin this season

Yeh, I really enjoyed it. Didn’t look in doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Up to 7th !!! Spurs & Arsenal both dropping points . Good weekend :)

Shows how far we've fallen though. Happy being up to 7th haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

2 for the future.

Especially Lingard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

All that worrying before the game could of been saved if I had of known this.

Two 21 year olds and a 19 year old in their back four today, I relaxed when I heard this in the game.
    Why do you keep mentioning this? Their first choice back 4 this season consists of these three players. Feels like an attempt at trolling based on reading a stat with no actual knowledge of the context. City got bet by a weakened version of this back 4 as Aarons (who is very good at 19 years of age) was out that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Up to 7th !!! Spurs & Arsenal both dropping points . Good weekend :)

The majority of the thread will be gutted so!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Shows how far we've fallen though. Happy being up to 7th haha.

Ah we've won a game comfortably cheer up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Why do you keep mentioning this? Their first choice back 4 this season consists of these three players. Feels like an attempt at trolling based on reading a stat with no actual knowledge of the context. City got bet by a weakened version of this back 4 as Aarons (who is very good at 19 years of age) was out that day.

Trolling? You for real! Christ on a bike, maybe time for a break from the keyboard if you think me mentioning that is trolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Trolling? You for real! Christ on a bike, maybe time for a break from the keyboard if you think me mentioning that is trolling.

It is pretty bizzare as they arent exactly playing because of any injuries. Godfrey and Lewis played every game and Aarons only missed two when he himself was injured. The three you keep shrugging off due to their age are the actual first choice defenders.

Even last year those 3 were first choice........

• Advertisement

Fair enough, maybe I do need a break from this thread as it's been genuinely difficult to see through the levels of sarcasm and trolling as of late.

Either way, my point still stands, that Norwich back 4 is pretty similar to what they've had all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I see the proxy thread is in full effect;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I see the proxy thread is in full effect;)

Christ did someone criticise ballon d'Or winner in waiting Mane again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Fair enough, maybe I do need a break from this thread as it's been genuinely difficult to see through the levels of sarcasm and trolling as of late.

Either way, my point still stands, that Norwich back 4 is pretty similar to what they've had all season.

The commentator made it sound like it was a make shift back 4, I've no knowledge of 1st choice back 4 for Norwich.

Before this got mentioned I was questioning why things were so comfortable for us and I was thinking it can't be just from having Martial up top... Then I heard that from the commentary more a case of 2+2 from me then anything.

I'm definitely not looking to add to the turds that contribute here. I come in peace.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Christ did someone criticise ballon d'Or winner in waiting Mane again?

Mea culpa.

It's unreal over there. Ah sure,they got their quota of thanks so they're happy for the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

It's up there with garners fake pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Mea culpa.

It's unreal over there. Ah sure,they got their quota of thanks so they're happy for the evening.

There’s no point of anybody from this thread posting in the general PL tbh. It’s just their second thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Just watching the third goal again and it’s such a rarity these days, it was a thing of beauty.

To see some clever intricate play between our players up front, followed by a lovely finish was such a beautiful thing to see.

There’s no point of anybody from this thread posting in the general PL tbh. It’s just their second thread.

Even lads who are meant to be banned can post there too. An amazing place. It's like a zoo where if you go too close to the cage,the animals fling sh1t at you.

adox wrote: »
    Just watching the third goal again and it’s such a rarity these days, it was a thing of beauty.

To see some clever intricate play between our players up front, followed by a lovely finish was such a beautiful thing to see.
    Maybe this front 3 of Martial, Rashford and James can kick on and do a job for us this season. It's moments like that where you get a glimpse of what Ole must be seeing on the training ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Mea culpa.

You posted a fairly ridiculous opinion in the general thread and were ridiculed for it. Then you come in here to cry about the bigger boys not being nice to you. Christ on a bike, grow a pair, will ya?

Maybe this front 3 of Martial, Rashford and James can kick on and do a job for us this season. It's moments like that where you get a glimpse of what Ole must be seeing on the training ground.

Yknow I didn’t expect James to feature much for us this season but he’s been way better than I could have expected. The assist for Rashford today and then that ridiculous pass he played in for Martial who nearly scored was a beauty. It’s good to finally see a threat coming from the right hand side again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yknow I didn’t expect James to feature much for us this season but he’s been way better than I could have expected. The assist for Rashford today and then that ridiculous pass he played in for Martial who nearly scored was a beauty. It’s good to finally see a threat coming from the right hand side again.

Cross against Liverpool was lovely as welmm

James has been great. High ceiling if he keeps going. A lot of pressure on him to be a leader in this Utd team. Positive signs for him so far. Whether he can maintain his form when games are coming thick and fast in December will be interesting to see.

dmigsy wrote: »
    You posted a fairly ridiculous opinion in the general thread and were ridiculed for it. Then you come in here to cry about the bigger boys not being nice to you. Christ on a bike, grow a pair, will ya?

Hmmm. Someone with less than 600 posts since 2006 decides to post that kind of stuff here? Kinda suss if you ask me, especially when I see who thanked it.

Anyhow, it's meant to be the general thread but it's been taken over by Liverpool fans who jump in as soon as anyone dares say anything bad about their beloved team.

Hmmm. Someone with less than 600 posts since 2006 decides to post that kind of stuff here? Kinda suss if you ask me, especially when I see who thanked it.

Anyhow, it's meant to be the general thread but it's been taken over by Liverpool fans who jump in as soon as anyone dares say anything bad about their beloved team.

What exactly is suss? Am I a sleeper cell account, carefully curated since 2006 in order to troll Utd fans 13 years later? Read a few of my posts while you're looking at my profile. I don't get involved in that sh!te. You're making a fool of yourself. Good luck.

What exactly is suss? Am I a sleeper cell account, carefully curated since 2006 in order to troll Utd fans 13 years later? Read a few of my posts while you're looking at my profile. I don't get involved in that sh!te. You're making a fool of yourself. Good luck.

There's been so much bollix on the forum lately with re reg accounts, trolling and such that it's getting to the stage that anyone who starts posting is viewed with suspicion.
    The amount of trolls who pop in here for sh1ts and giggles has the regular posters sick to death especially when the mods seem to be MIA.
    If you are genuine, then it's ok but I'd appreciate you changing your tone and that's me being polite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

There's been so much bollix on the forum lately with re reg accounts, trolling and such that it's getting to the stage that anyone who starts posting is viewed with suspicion.
    The amount of trolls who pop in here for sh1ts and giggles has the regular posters sick to death especially when the mods seem to be MIA.
    If you are genuine, then it's ok but I'd appreciate you changing your tone and that's me being polite.

You're right that there's nonsense going on in here, but it's obviously going on in the LFC thread as well. It seems obvious to me that the nonsense will continue in here as long as it continues in the LFC thread. It's a real tit-for-tat thing. Really stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

How is Bruno Fernandes playing this Season?.....Utd were meant to have had him signed around 3 times last Summer according to the press!
    I think Utd should be looking at getting in one or two medium priced young midfielders next Summer who have performed well in the Premiership..... one possibility would be Doucoure,...with Watford looking like going down he might be got for 20m,
    We need to build a decent squad again.
    People have talked about going all out for likes of Harry Kane or Aubameyang(more short term move) but I don’t think Utd are an attractive enough draw unfortunately for top players at the moment.
    I would be quite sceptical as to whether Utd can sign any real quality players during January transfer window as most decent players are still involved in Euro club comps.

On a positive note great to see us getting 3 points today,will help confidence in the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Was a bit underwhelmed with James in the few games previous to the Liverpool one but he's come out with a couple of great games to make me think he's capable of stepping it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Liam O wrote: »
    Was a bit underwhelmed with James in the few games previous to the Liverpool one but he's come out with a couple of great games to make me think he's capable of stepping it up.

He is one of the only players that you feel like is learning each game and adding bits as he steps up. He doesnt make that pass to Rashford at the start of the season because he was like a headless chicken at times. He is playing far more head up football now which is great to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ole: “I don't think we'll see Paul before December. He'll be out for a while. He needs time to fully recover. I don't think he'll be back, maybe for Sheffield United after the international break, but probably it will be December before we can see him.” #mufc

As annoying as he can be sometimes, we still need some of his creativity. Big another blow for our already weak midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,591 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ole: “I don't think we'll see Paul before December. He'll be out for a while. He needs time to fully recover. I don't think he'll be back, maybe for Sheffield United after the international break, but probably it will be December before we can see him.” #mufc

As annoying as he can be sometimes, we still need some of his creativity. Big another blow for our already weak midfield.

Was silly risking him a couple of weeks ago if he was still injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

That's a big blow alright but we shouldn't be in a position where we only rely on one player for creativity and assists. Time for players like Pereira, Lingard, Mata, McTominay and Fred to really step up and start contributing consistently.

Only player that's been somewhat consistent this season has been Dan James. His ball for Rashfords goal today and the one against Liverpool is what we need more of from the other players. I somewhat have faith in Martial and Rashford as a front 2 but they're no use if the midfield players can't spot the runs / through balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I can’t be the only one wondering if we will see Pogba in a Utd shirt again.

Ole says Pogba won't be back until December.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Wishfully hoping Martials return will help us a lot going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

adox wrote: »
    I can’t be the only one wondering if we will see Pogba in a Utd shirt again.

Imo anyone thinking that would be wrong. Nothing at all indicates Pogba is on any type of strike. Sure look at that summer, look at him compared to Lukaku. He's injured, it happens.

• Advertisement

Hopefully we have enough about us to get through this good run off fixtures without Pogba.

Out of curiosity, is Matic injured or had he just fallen well down the pecking order as of late?

Imo anyone thinking that would be wrong. Nothing at all indicates Pogba is on any type of strike. Sure look at that summer, look at him compared to Lukaku. He's injured, it happens.

Lukaku behaved in such a manner because it was during a transfer window and he could force a move at such a time. Also, the manager made it clear very early on that he had no need for Lukaku, unlike Pogba. It's not the same as Pogba at all. Pogba tried through himself and his agent to force a move during the summer, it didn't happen because no club could stump up the required fee. That is the only reason that Paul Pogba is still on Man United's books. Now he's milking an injury for all it's worth, he doesn't give a fúck about lining out for Man United ever again.

Hopefully we have enough about us to get through this good run off fixtures without Pogba.

Out of curiosity, is Matic injured or had he just fallen well down the pecking order as of late?

Matic is injured but also out of favour. He was in Dubai recovering with Dalot during the week.

Lukaku behaved in such a manner because it was during a transfer window and he could force a move at such a time. Also, the manager made it clear very early on that he had no need for Lukaku, unlike Pogba. It's not the same as Pogba at all. Pogba tried through himself and his agent to force a move during the summer, it didn't happen because no club could stump up the required fee. That is the only reason that Paul Pogba is still on Man United's books. Now he's milking an injury for all it's worth, he doesn't give a fúck about lining out for Man United ever again.
    Thats just your hate filled opinion, to be honest.

Pogba trained and played without any issue in the summer. Pogba has trained abd played despite injury this season and agrivated that injury and is now out til he has recovered. Missing France games too.

I've no doubt he wants to leave, but there is no evidence that he is downing tools and refusing to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

You're embarrassing yourself now!

Thats just your hate filled opinion, to be honest.

I stopped reading right there, to be honest. You clearly don't know what 'hate' means if you got that from my post.

• Advertisement

• Been a fair while since I got to watch a decent Utd performance

Good result yesterday with some good positives with few negatives but generally some decent improvements in a few areas

James and Mctominey again putting in solid performances

I don't see where a Pogba fits into this side although I don't see him in a Jersey for Utd again at this stage of he's out till December

The silly use of Rashford a a lead striker is over anyway thank God. Back to his better position and looks like he will stay there until Martial gets injured again

Need that big striker badly

Been a fair while since I got to watch a decent Utd performance

Good result yesterday with some good positives with few negatives but generally some decent improvements in a few areas

James and Mctominey again putting in solid performances

I don't see where a Pogba fits into this side although I don't see him in a Jersey for Utd again at this stage of he's out till December

The silly use of Rashford a a lead striker is over anyway thank God. Back to his better position and looks like he will stay there until Martial gets injured again

Need that big striker badly

while Martial was injured, who do you think should have been played up front instead of Rashford?

I stopped reading right there, to be honest. You clearly don't know what 'hate' means if you got that from my post.

Yeah I do. You hate pogba so proect a bunch of crap onto anything he does. Its the only explanation for such rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,591 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Just on mctominay, looks like he is after injuring himself.. the cameras panned to him at the end and he was sitting on the ground holding his ankle. Would be disappointing for him to miss a few games as he has really stepped up and has been one of the better players this season..

Plus we are already sparse, in that area

• while Martial was injured, who do you think should have been played up front instead of Rashford?

He was the only option
    A plan ultimately decided by the club by removing lukaku without replacement
    Why does this have to continue to be repeated time and time again

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement