Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

3 wins in a row and all away from home, happy with that. Performance wasn’t bad, looked shaky for the first 20 mins of the second half and then Ole switched formation which is good that he’s finally responding to what the opposition does.

Brandon Williams with another impressive performance, Shaw is gonna have his work cut out getting back in ahead of him. Also thought McTominay was fantastic again.

Rashfords free kick was absolutely ridiculous.

Only worrying things were Lindelof limping off and Maguire looking like he was struggling with a knock at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I still can’t believe he scored that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Great result

Shame about the injuries which I was worried about, hopefully not serious

****ing hell that free kick was unreal from Rashford

Get in

Who was injured? stream was in and out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭paulbok

Watch us draw Liverpool tomorrow, while City get Colchester or Oxford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hard fought win hopefully a nice draw in the morning will have to break out the radio 8:45 am on BBC Radio 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

paulbok wrote: »

Sure we're probably more likely to put in a performance against Liverpool then we are Colchester or Oxford:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

paulbok wrote: »

Honestly, I feel like whatever result this team would get against Colchester they would get against City. There seems to be this base level of performance irrespective of opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

sky88 wrote: »
    I still can’t believe he scored that

I just saw the replay after the game. That's the best strike in any of the games tonight, what a night of football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Rashford is gonna be on free kicks for the next 3 years now.

Whopper.

Anyway, good win, no harm to keep the momentum going a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

A lot of positives from that game. Great result. Ole reacted on the bench and swung the game back in our favour. Rashfords stats are looking very impressive all of a sudden. McT has really impressed me as of late, think he's adding a lot to the team.

Negatives include a poor twenty minutes compounded by three back to back mistakes from Maguire and a few knocks which could prove costly at the weekend.

One thing that isn't getting discussed much, but McTominay is quietly turning into a beast. He is legitimately our best player now imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Great win, serious free kick 1 in 100 go in like that.

Had Arsenal and United to win tonight at 20/1

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

3 points!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,000 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Rashford :” all about the three points “. Did I hear that right ???

Jesus that’s one of the best free kicks I’ve seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Rashford in the interview asked about his birthday: "3pts is the best way to celebrate....."

At least he can play football

Congrats on the 3pts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

3 away wins on the bounce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Again x 2 !!

I'm guessing it's some sort of in joke

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    3 away wins on the bounce

9 points ! 9 away points on the bounce !

One thing that isn't getting discussed much, but McTominay is quietly turning into a beast. He is legitimately our best player now imo.

Watching him on MUTV a few years ago he had potential but seriously lightweight and easily brushed off the ball... he’s bulked up considerably now and a beast compared to what he was.. quick, intelligent, good reader of the game and aggressive, love the guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Strumms wrote: »
    I’m a James fan... slight in stature but a big player, a mighty engine, clever as fûck, skillful and all heart and effort...great signing.

He's come on leaps and bounds, thought he was just kick and run merchant but his all round game has come on so much since the start of the season.

If that's how he performed for Swansea last season no wonder we took a punt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭limnam

It's only mentioned every game.

Best player on the park.

• DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Who was injured? stream was in and out.

Rashford looked to be limping off when subbed

Maguire looked like he took a knock also

Lindlelof too

That's the risk with a paper thin squad used in cup games

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Great result,

Seems to be a bit of life in the team again which is encouraging, moving the ball quicker as well, be great to get a win at the weekend just to keep the confidence up and get closer to the top 6

Who said Wilson was slow?
    Christ I seen him track back he was lightening

8-10 wrote: »
    Rashford in the interview asked about his birthday: "3pts is the best way to celebrate....."

At least he can play football

Congrats on the 3pts

Maybe the accent, might have said..”will celebrate with three pints”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

When Pogba comes back he should be straight swap for lingard in that position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

Great result and boy what a free kick.

McTomimay really has been great lately, even more so when you consider what he has beside him. Fred really is abysmal imo.

James again proving a great outlet and one of our most dangerous outlets. Rashford with two goals and looked threatening throughout.

Maguire continues to be distinctly average to poor which is a real worry. The goal conceded was a shshow. Maguire brutal for it as was Rojo.

Great to finally get some away wins, it’s been a nice week. I’ll enjoy it for what it is.

Maguire should bring him down, hes not last man and rojo pretty much moves out of the way.

adox wrote: »
    Maguire continues to be distinctly average to poor which is a real worry. The goal conceded was a shshow. Maguire brutal for it as was Rojo.

As bad as arry was, not sure there was a huge amount rojo could do tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

On the up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Keep thinking of him last season after a game we lost (last game?) and he look gutted. Think it was maybe half an hour after game and he was sitting in the managers touch line spot heartbroken.

If this team can somehow keep picking themselves up that should build Some savage character. It’s frustrating for everybody but im gonna try and just accept we prob won’t be top 4, prob won’t win a cup but maybe i can take some positives.

I’m actually gonna try and get over to the Everton game in December with one of my sons.

On the up?

Norwhich and a chelsea academy

sure...

• Some other thoughts;

We are still showing similar struggles in open play but the structure of the formation looks a bit better
    Oles subs to his credit were decent for a change and made at the right time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

On the up?

Should stay up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

James was excellent.

Rashford and McT did really well.

Conceded the same goal as Sunday was the only downside...Rojo should have that covered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

limnam wrote: »
    As bad as arry was, not sure there was a huge amount rojo could do tbh

He could have engaged the player coming towards him.

Norwhich and a chelsea academy

sure...

In fairness, only about 3 players in that Chelsea starting 11 won’t be near a premier league squad,

Strumms wrote: »
    In fairness, only about 3 players in that Chelsea starting 11 won’t be near a premier league squad,

of the starting 11 i think 4 started against burnley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Free kick looked like it hit the wall? Or was it just swerve

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Williams is really looking the part so far in the games he has played in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

ShaneU wrote: »
    Free kick looked like it hit the back of the net after swerving over the wall, amongst many locations

FYP

Headshot wrote: »
    Lingard drives me up the wall, I do hate seeing him anywhere near the team

Thought he looked like a footballer for the first time in 8 months myself. Decent first half anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

ShaneU wrote: »
    Free kick looked like it hit the wall? Or was it just swerve

Just swerve.

beno619 wrote: »
    Thought he looked like a footballer for the first time in 8 months myself. Decent first half anyway.

Thought he was really poor most of the game. There is a better player in there somewhere but not holding out hope that his form will return.

• Advertisement

of the starting 11 i think 4 started against burnley.

Maybe but just looking quickly I think 9 of their starting 11 are international footballers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Does anyone remember the time were we couldn't buy a freaking win at the bridge?

Think that's 2 trips under Ole and 2 wins?

S.M.B. wrote: »
    A lot of positives from that game. Great result. Ole reacted on the bench and swung the game back in our favour. Rashfords stats are looking very impressive all of a sudden. McT has really impressed me as of late, think he's adding a lot to the team.

Negatives include a poor twenty minutes compounded by three back to back mistakes from Maguire and a few knocks which could prove costly at the weekend.

Agree with most of that, I think it took Ole far too long to attempt to address Hudson-Odoi and James, they were killing us.

Does anyone remember the time were we couldn't buy a freaking win at the bridge?

Think that's 2 trips under Ole and 2 wins?

It’s a definite bogey ground. An article from 2017 I’m reading is saying from 2000-2017 we won there ... TWICE in 22 games. Mad stat.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement