Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

pjohnson wrote: »
    Jaysus do people really still try to peddle this?

Yeah never understand that, his other leg was the reason he had to retire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Who would you guys prefer Haaland or Werner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,085 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

pjohnson wrote: »
    Jaysus do people really still try to peddle this?

Well judging by this reply, you must think that all other factors mentioned don't matter;

Haland himself being a Leeds United fan, his dad playing for Leeds & Man City, the fact that United are not a CL club anymore while he will have the choice of many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

FitzShane wrote: »
    Well judging by this reply, you must think that all other factors mentioned don't matter;

Haland himself being a Leeds United fan, his dad playing for Leeds & Man City, the fact that United are not a CL club anymore while he will have the choice of many.

He was pointing out the incorrect part of your post. He even highlighted the part he was referring to.

None of the above refers to it. In fact it refers to everything that he didnt highlight and and doesnt respond to the point he was making!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Watched Ajax Chelsea last night and I’d have happily let Ed send them a blank cheque and tell them pick which players they didn’t want. Even down to 9 men taking touches in midfield and stepping away from pressure while keeping their head up looking for a pass.

Give them a blank cheque for the manager first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Who would you guys prefer Haaland or Werner?

Always liked werner I think he is an all-rounder. Haaland looks like he could be on another level but he also could also turn out to be a one off season but I doubt it he looks the real deal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

United recently dispatched a member of Woodward’s staff to a lengthy meeting with Rangnick, ostensibly to question him about his experience in setting up the RB Leipzig academy and coaching network [Honigstein; The Athletic]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I'd love to see Ole come out with a rant like this. He could make very similar complaints.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/06/antonio-conte-lambasts-inter-hierarchy-for-poor-planning-after-loss-at-dortmund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

dmigsy wrote: »
    I'd love to see Ole come out with a rant like this. He could make very similar complaints.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/06/antonio-conte-lambasts-inter-hierarchy-for-poor-planning-after-loss-at-dortmund

Ole won't come out with a rant, he's a yes man at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ole won't come out with a rant, he's a yes man at the club.

Last time a manager here said things like that it didnt go down well anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Nah, Conte got everything he wanted last summer. He's deflecting from losing another game that he was winning at half time against decent opposition (Dortmund, Barca and Juve) and that his CL record is pathetic.

United recently dispatched a member of Woodward’s staff to a lengthy meeting with Rangnick, ostensibly to question him about his experience in setting up the RB Leipzig academy and coaching network [Honigstein]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

United recently dispatched a member of Woodward’s staff to a lengthy meeting with Rangnick, ostensibly to question him about his experience in setting up the RB Leipzig academy and coaching network [Honigstein]

Didn't know Zerks was back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Did anyone else immediately think of Andreas Pereira when they seen this.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/professional-footballer-arrested-trying-blackmail-20821946

The player is 34, so not him, but when I seen the headline I was sure it was him :)

Nah, Conte got everything he wanted last summer. He's deflecting from losing another game that he was winning at half time against decent opposition (Dortmund, Barca and Juve) and that his CL record is pathetic.

Doesn't sound like he got everything he wanted. Look at those three teams he lost to. No need for deflection in losing to any of them. I have to say I'm a big fan of Conte. He's so demanding of his players and the club in terms of the standards he sets. Might be a bit like Mourinho in terms of clubs and players tiring of the intensity after a few seasons though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Doesn't sound like he got everything he wanted. Look at those three teams he lost to. No need for deflection in losing to any of them. I have to say I'm a big fan of Conte. He's so demanding of his players and the club in terms of the standards he sets. Might be a bit like Mourinho in terms of clubs and players tiring of the intensity after a few seasons though.

They signed 11 players in the summer. A total clear out of the deadwood too. Exactly what Jose wanted, but didn't get at Utd. He has no excuses. Read any Italian commentator and they're almost unanimous that he's deflecting from his own failings.

They signed 11 players in the summer. A total clear out of the deadwood too. Exactly what Jose wanted, but didn't get at Utd. He has no excuses. Read any Italian commentator and they're almost unanimous that he's deflecting from his own failings.

:D You and those Italian commentators would give Conte a run for his money in terms of setting high standards. He's been at the club for less than 20 games and has a hugely overhauled squad, players still settling in etc. One point off the top of the league. Only defeats are by a single goal to Juventus, Dortmund, Barcelona. Most managers dream of failing like him.

Anyway, Utd thread so I'll leave it there.

Would Ziyech be a better signing than Sancho ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

That's Conte's thing though. When things aren't going well blame upstairs and claim it's nothing to do with him or his players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

id love Ziyech but dont think Ole will go for him because of his style. He's a brilliant footballer but i think Ole wants someone who will graft, work hard, and someone who can be part of a high press front 3. Sancho is young, energetic and eager to learn and improve while Ziyech is 26 and 27 next summer. He is what he is, great on the ball but probably not so much off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'd need to see both in a hypothetical lineup.

Thats a very complex decision that and I can't decide. I think there is a shadow hanging over them in regards to if they can perform in a better league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

If we get the full England team, would that win the prem?

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    If we get the full England team, would that win the prem?

Men or women's? Post up both teams and we decide.

jayo26 wrote: »

De Gea
    Shaw, Maguire, Alex, AWB,
    McT, Pog/Herrera 2.0, Maddison,
    Rashford, Sancho
    Martial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    De Gea
    Shaw, Maguire, Alex, AWB,
    McT, Pog/Herrera 2.0, Maddison,
    Rashford, Sancho
    Martial

Don't think swapping Shaw and AWB positions will help the situation :pac:

• Don't think swapping Shaw and AWB positions will help the situation :pac:

Shaw needs to be sold
    Enough is enough with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Neither will be coming near us

Don't think swapping Shaw and AWB positions will help the situation :pac:

Always get that mixed up! They should change the format. Left to right is how we write haha

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

If that lot buy United I wonder will they make John Stones their fist purchase?

Liam O wrote: »
    I'd need to see both in a hypothetical lineup.

Will I put your mother in there too for Sh1ts and Giggles

• Minime2.5 wrote: »

giphy.gif

Can she play right wing? May as well, won't be a worse option than what we usually trot out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

jayo26 wrote: »

Combined XI for the win

Wow those sort of insults sound familiar! PMs I think it was a few years ago.

• paulbok wrote: »
    Combined XI for the win

Kate Upton

Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton

Kate Upton Anaya Numerous Six-pack^ Kate Upton Kate Upton

Kate Upton Kate Upton

Kate Upton

Kate Upton Kate Upton

You forgot Phil Jones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Liam O wrote: »
    You forgot Phil Jones.

It would be easier name a team of players you'd want out :eek:

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    Wow those sort of insults sound familiar! PMs I think it was a few years ago.

What's the insult specifically ?

What's the insult specifically ?

Its unrepeatable what you said to me but it did involve "mother"

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRXkMhnXapaPR3SWypU7Potlg4plljP-sY7YCIpRPIkmGrpMZnE

sideswipe wrote: »
    If that lot buy United I wonder will they make John Stones their fist purchase?

This just clicked with me now lol.

Kate Upton

Kate Upton Kate Upton

Would that be two up front? :D

adox wrote: »
    Its unrepeatable what you said to me but it did involve "mother"

I was referring to my sh1ts and Giggles comment I made earlier. How is that an insult? I am at a loss to what else you think I'm guilty of

I was referring to my sh1ts and Giggles comment I made earlier. How is that an insult? I am at a loss to what else you think I'm guilty of

200.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Win tonight and we are all but through to the next round. Maybe rest a few people in the next two Europa games.

If we win tonight and lose our last 2 games...can we still not go through?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

If partisan win their last two and we lose our last two they can go through on goal difference unless it’s decided by head to head results I’m not sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement