Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Yet again we're not on UK TV tomorrow midtable also rans that we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Yet again we're not on UK TV tomorrow midtable also rans that we are.
    We're playing on Sunday regularly because of Europa League games, normally this would be a Saturday 3.00 game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

my problem with all our options in that 10 spot is that they are all freaking cowards on the ball. 95% of the time they get the ball fed into them from midfield into the final third they have their back to goal and pop the ball off to the side or back.

They aren't positioning themselves on the half turn, they don't have a picture of what the forwards or the defenders are doing, they don't give themselves the chance to play a dangerous ball into a run.

I'm fed up seeing an attacking run being made and the creative position in the side just dumping the ball off.

EDIT: It was something I noticed with Lingard a while back. Can't remember the game exactly but he was picking up really good positions in space in the 10 spot. Pogba played 3 or 4 balls in to him and he didn't even control two of them - Lingard then wasn't seen in the 10 spot for ages. Was going wide, dropping deep and just playing simple balls to players behind the ball. He has/had zero confidence in himself and retreated into safe spaces where he couldn't really screw up or be under pressure.

Given the lack of options in that area I'd really love to see Angel Gomes being given more minutes for the first team. Despite his size I really feel it would be worth the punt seeing if he has something to contribute at this stage.

He certainly has all the attributes that you would want from a player in that position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

No Erickson for me thanks. Finished expensive and a bit overhyped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

BDI wrote: »
    No Erickson for me thanks. Finished expensive and a bit overhyped.

He has 100+ goals + assists in the PL in 200 games, he is in the current top 20 PL players for me, and we don’t have any in there, so he would improve us instantly for 47 million.

His form is worrying but I’m guessing he’ll try to put himself in the shop window over the next couple of months, it would need some consideration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

S.M.B. wrote: »
    We're playing on Sunday regularly because of Europa League games, normally this would be a Saturday 3.00 game.

Ok and that has what exactly to do with my post

Would you look at Chelsea up to 2nd, isn’t it interesting how a well ran football club is usually always in the CL places.

Despite having 50 managers in the last 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Kai Havertz is who Id like us to sign for that attacking midfield role, no chance id say . Bayern bound I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,370 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ok and that has what exactly to do with my post

Clearly offering an explanation as to why it's not on UK TV? They'd show every United game if they were able to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

13 points of 3rd place now and most likely 12 off 4th place as well after the Leicester v Arsenal game. 16 games since we last put back to back wins together in the PL.

Even at this early stage,we've to now put all our eggs in the EL basket. Embarrassing. But sure you know,time and all that stuff,transfer windows needed etc etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Would you look at Chelsea up to 2nd, isn’t it interesting how a well ran football club is usually always in the CL places.

I’d love to see how Ole would get on at that club. United is just not a club where you can properly assess or judge managers or players.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lampard showing that you don't need to accept mediocrity in a bid to rebuild a team by pumping it full of kids. He's lucky that his kids have been properly developed through the loan systems, of course, but he's also got a very obvious tactical plan and in actually instilling it.

Meanwhile, Ole is just hoping he can smile at the players and everything will just work out if...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lampard showing that you don't need to accept mediocrity in a bid to rebuild a team by pumping it full of kids. He's lucky that his kids have been properly developed through the loan systems, of course, but he's also got a very obvious tactical plan and in actually instilling it.

Meanwhile, Ole is just hoping he can smile at the players and everything will just work out if...

I believe his crop of kids are older. There was also a time when Chelsea just bought all the kids. It was inevitable some of them would turn good.

I wonder could son be got from spurs. I’d say he’d be a bargain and really turn up with something to prove where Erickson would turn up costing more than three times as much overall and expecting a round of applause just for being there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Done the old Trafford stadium tour yesterday

Enjoyed it but think the concourse area is a little bit old and scruffy. The pitch and seats look spectacular as does the home dressing room

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

One thing about most of the chelsea youths is they've spent a decent bit of time on loan as well as being older. Nothing beats playing experienced lads who's living depends on the three points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Eriksen is 27. He's in his peak years and if motivated could be a big player for us.
    If there were discussions and he WANTS to play for United I'd have him in a heartbeat.

I can be mistaken, but did you not have 6 managers to 5 for chelsea in last 10 years?

Its a shame we cant play the top 4 every week :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Buying Eriksen now is a bit like buying Mata. We'll end up defending him for ever while knowing all the time that we bought him past his peak and he was never quite as good as he had been. And overpaid for him too..

Someone should be telling Rodgers its meant to take a few years to rebuild a team and instill a proper positive philosophy on a team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Someone should be telling Rodgers its meant to take a few years to rebuild a team and instill a proper positive philosophy on a team.

Who will be gone first, Emery or Ole?

I think Emery unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

And someone should be telling Frank Lampard that it takes a few transfer windows to get the players you need to make your play style work.

Managers like Rodgers and Lampard are fcuking clueless and need to understand how the modern football manager should be doing their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Headshot wrote: »
    Who will be gone first, Emery or Ole?

I think Emery unfortunately

Would you not throw pochettino in there too? 1 point ahead of united with a game in hand with a much better squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Would you not throw pochettino in there too? 1 point ahead of united with a game in hand with a much better squad.

Not a hope after all he's done with Spurs, he has a lot more credit in the bank compared to Emery and Ole.

I can't see Spurs sacking him but I do see him wishing to leave and hopefully take over utd lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Woodward's new narrative,using Ole as his pawn and talking about time to build a team.
    Sick of his bollix.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rodgers is doing very well for sure. I am more impressed with Lampard since he has to do it at a club that has more pressure, more things to deal with like Europe, only arrived in the summer and could not bring players in.

I think we’ll nick a win tomorrow but the couple of games after are going to be a bloodbath so it makes no difference really.

I’d be surprised if we didn’t drop over half of the available points over the next 5 games with Sheffield, Spurs and City in there.

Best case scenario I think is 21/22 points after City with almost half of the league games played which gives you a good idea of where we’ll be at the end of the season.

A europa cup win is our winning lottery ticket.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I wonder could son be got from spurs. I’d say he’d be a bargain and really turn up with something to prove where Erickson would turn up costing more than three times as much overall and expecting a round of applause just for being there.

He's got a contract for another 4 years, and is in better form than most other Spurs players, at his peak age, and a dream for marketing abroad.

He'd not come any cheaper whatsoever except maybe wages. The fee would be 75million + when factoring in form, and Levy v Woodward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/1193296804466573312

"Spurs lining up a £50 million bid for Depay"

• Advertisement

Highlights I know but Chelsea and Leicester look very good in attacking play, i might be loosing it a little but even Burnley look good in combination plays although much more crossing orientated from deep.

Its been said a thousand times now but we so lack creative players, we have a weird combination ok players that can do good things but none can can constantly do good things.

It all just works against us, obviously but even looking at Pulisic today, pace, shots ,passing and benched untill he was ready for the league, we have james and he is good but just not quite good enough.

Like all our players have talent and there is a team there, and tbf its neigh on impossible gauge the ifs, is it the mangers ability, players ability, or player motivation, it is somewhere in between.

Ole shouldn't even been hired.

Sigh ive been a major woodward out poster but it gets boring to talk about

It really stifles conversations but no matter how far you dig into this ****e, woodward is the problem

Highlights I know but Chelsea and Leicester look very good in attacking play, i might be loosing it a little but even Burnley look good in combination plays although much more crossing orientated from deep.

Its been said a thousand times now but we so lack creative players, we have a weird combination ok players that can do good things but none can can constantly do good things.

It all just works against us, obviously but even looking at Pulisic today, pace, shots ,passing and benched untill he was ready for the league, we have james and he is good but just not quite good enough.

Like all our players have talent and there is a team there, and tbf its neigh on impossible gauge the ifs, is it the mangers ability, players ability, or player motivation, it is somewhere in between.

Ole shouldn't even been hired.

Sigh ive been a major woodward out poster but it gets boring to talk about

It really stifles conversations but no matter how far you dig into this ****e, woodward is the problem

Ole isn’t the solution but he’s not the major problem. If managers doing well at other clubs was the answer then why don’t we hire Ranieri or conte or Sarri or Pellegrini?

I get bored of listening to myself about Woodward aswell but him and the glazers are the major problem. Part of the reason they keep lieing about things (DOF, things will change etc) and then not follow through is because fans do get bored and don’t bother pushing for these changes. I used to slag Madrid and Barca fans for being so spoilt but they demand a level of quality that matches their financial stature in the Game. United fanbase is so neutred and quite pathetic in how it’s responded to the owners decimating the club. I can’t understand how hardcore fans aren’t out protesting in vast numbers.

I don’t want Ole to fail but if he does I hope it’s catastrophic and costs the owners bad and forces the fanbase to get off its knees and start demanding better. People think I’m mad but I want Liverpool to win everything because I can’t think of anything else other then relegation that might actually jump start united fans into action.

The amount of fans hoping we have a manager(who’s a club legend) sacked after the next run of games is kind of embarrassing for the thread really.

I think he is turning it around slowly. I hope we win the next 2000 games and he is in charge for all of them.

I hope we win the next 2000 games and he is in charge for all of them.

So do I.

I also hope I win the Euromillions this week, and that Scarlett Johanson and Emma Watson both fall madly in love with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

The amount of fans hoping we have a manager(who’s a club legend) sacked after the next run of games is kind of embarrassing for the thread really.

I think he is turning it around slowly. I hope we win the next 2000 games and he is in charge for all of them.

Hogwash tbh.

Every single United fan hopes we win every game however nothing over the last 10 or so months indicates that Ole is the man to go on any kind of sustained run so getting rid of him sooner rather than later is the logical choice, you can try and dress it up as something it isn't but that doesn't change it.

Even the games we have won over the last few months we have looked shyte. Hell, we beat Chelsea 4 nil on the opening day of the season and were fortunate.

Overall performances have gotten worse since he took over permanently, that cannot continue ad infinitum.

I think under the right conditions and working in a well run club he might of worked out.

But It’s very hard to not see him as a PR desperation stunt from Woodward. The man is good at selling bullsh*t, there is no denying that #rebuild #giveittime #greatsummerwindow #unitedway #busbybabes #makeplayershappy

Sure didn’t the club supposedly reach out to former players who are pundits to try and stem the sting of criticism? I’m sure making one of their mates, Ole, manager was not anything to do with it. You can see the goodwill Ole has, certainly in comparison to Jose who was getting crap even when united finished 2nd.

And when you factor in other clubs (Leicester and Chelsea) who seem to be able to get in managers who don’t need to capitulate or complete rebuilds before recovering or getting up to good levels you can see the double standard judgment allowed with Ole. Maybe the pundits know he’s working with muppets , but it just seems like United is being treated like a mid table club trying to push for a European spot, not the third biggest club in the world.

• Advertisement

Weepsie wrote: »
    He's got a contract for another 4 years, and is in better form than most other Spurs players, at his peak age, and a dream for marketing abroad.

I really like Son, would love him at United , but now thst you said it, it does feel like he’s more likely to be signed for the bit in bold. Thanks for ruining that dream Weepsieoody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

So do I.

I also hope I win the Euromillions this week, and that Scarlett Johanson and Emma Watson both fall madly in love with me.

Let's say they do both fall madly in Love with you....what then? Sure for the first while you may be able to get away with seeing both of them, but surely you don't think that they are so madly in love with you, that they will allow you to do as you wish, and see multiple partners.

No I believe they will become insanely jealous. After awhile they will become suspicious of your absence and hiding of the phone. Keeping two ladies happy can be tiresome, and it shows on your ever aging skin

They will follow you, after all they both has training in espionage. Johanson was a Russian spy in the marvel movies, while Watson , well let's just say she knows a thing or two about an invisabilty cloak.

Inevitably a fight will break out, seemingly they are fighting for your love. Unfortunately thousands get injured (No one dies, it's pg, they have movie studio obligations you know ). An epic battle, that lasts for hours upon hours.

Both ladies become exhausted. Watson wipes the blood from her mouth Scarlett tries to steady her breathing, Ennio Marcones score begins to reach its epic crescendo. They steady themselves while gearing up for what they know could ....no would, be the ultimate blow.....but wait whats this.

Why it's little Bradley Pitt, he does a speech about something or other, that makes the girls realise the error of their ways. They don't need Lord TSC, he was never the man they loved, afterall his name shouts villian , anyone with a Lord title is obviously the main antagonist. they just loved the idea of him , and with that they both defiantly walked away, while TSC melted because.....because ehhhh...... love? Eh yeah love was the only thing keeping him alive? Cool that sounds plausible ....

Credits.....

The end.....

After credit scene connects universe to Ninja Turtles Universe

The real end........?

Anyway this scenario/cinematic universe is more likely then Ole turning it around

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Ole isn't fit for the job so why not want him replaced? The only argument I see for keeping him is that the real problem is upstairs and replacing Ole won't get Utd back competing unless the Glazer's all of a sudden want Utd to start winning leagues again. Being a club legend for his performances in the pitch is entirely separate.
    Reading a number of your posts and I disagree with pretty much all of them.
    Son being cheaper than Eriksen for instance? Are you a very young person? Have you simplistic views? Or is the answer way more obvious than that? Either way, I'm tired of reading nonsense, you are the weakest link, goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Team to play Brighton: De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Williams, McTominay, Fred, James, Pereira, Rashford, Martial

Subs: Romero, Jones, Mata, Lingard, Rojo, Greenwood, Garner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

jambofc wrote: »
    Team to play Brighton: De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Williams, McTominay, Fred, James, Pereira, Rashford, Martial

Subs: Romero, Jones, Mata, Lingard, Rojo, Greenwood, Garner

Other than the no.10, it's the obvious team. I'd probably go with Mata, but between him Andrea's and lingard it's all a bit meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Other than the no.10, it's the obvious team. I'd probably go with Mata, but between him Andrea's and lingard it's all a bit meh.

Lingard is not as good an option as Mata or Andreas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Ready to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Any overseas / foreign TV channels showing the Brighton game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

chrislad wrote: »
    Ready to go!

How early did you get there?! Stretty upper my fav although you will be forced to sit down sadly.
    Nalz wrote: »
    Any overseas / foreign TV channels showing the Brighton game?

It will be on the usual if you like bites of football. NSBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

So do I.

Both about the same odds :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Happy Williams is playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I really hope a 10 is priorised in January. Over and above a striker. We're light on strikers but we are so badly in need of a good 10. And I see little point getting a striker if we're still not going to be able to create something for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

J. Marston wrote: »
    Happy Williams is playing.

Yep, a good choice imo.

Also, let's calll him Happy Williams from now on, it has a nice ring to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Quandary wrote: »
    Yep, a good choice imo.

Also, let's calll him Happy Williams from now on, it has a nice ring to it!

Sounds like a Trinidad & Tobago international.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Well a lot of us don’t think he has the skills needed to be the manager of the club. You can’t take his status as a club legend into it when me and many other fans just don’t think he has it in him to be a good manager

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement