Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Unlikely to get established quality in during January.

I think of players who can add good quality and would suit United now, I hope they are following McNeil from Burnley. Puts great crosses in from the left, has a good eye for a pass in general and his delivery is quality. He can play anywhere across the midfield attacking positions. Has decent pace for a counter, good at pressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

sky88 wrote: »
    Well a lot of us don’t think he has the skills needed to be the manager of the club. You can’t take his status as a club legend into it when me and many other fans just don’t think he has it in him to be a good manager

But is seems people don’t want him to do well just because they don’t perceive him to have the tools to do well.

Not happy with pereira at number 10 with mata on the bench but who knows. Bring mata on in the last twenty minutes to get the winner after a drab 70 minutes may be the plan. Pereira will get up and down more I suppose.

I think our biggest enemy today will be a high long pass to a forward from a clearance or kickout and our defense getting pushed around.

Hopefully mata only needs to make one goal to win the game when he comes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Pereira must have some dirt on Ole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

RasTa wrote: »
    How early did you get there?! Stretty upper my fav although you will be forced to sit down sadly.

It will be on the usual if you like bites of football. NSBC

About half 12 or so. Wanted my son to see the full stadium emptyish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

sky88 wrote: »
    Well a lot of us don’t think he has the skills needed to be the manager of the club. You can’t take his status as a club legend into it when me and many other fans just don’t think he has it in him to be a good manager

Happy, smiling and positive attitude is all that's needed. We're already seeing the slow signs of things improving because of these qualities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

BDI wrote: »
    But is seems people don’t want him to do well just because they don’t perceive him to have the tools to do well.

Not happy with pereira at number 10 with mata on the bench but who knows. Bring mata on in the last twenty minutes to get the winner after a drab 70 minutes may be the plan. Pereira will get up and down more I suppose.

I think our biggest enemy today will be a high long pass to a forward from a clearance or kickout and our defense getting pushed around.

Hopefully mata only needs to make one goal to win the game when he comes on.

"Precieve"? I think seeing him over a number of games from last season even on the winning run and over the number of games this season is where people are making the judgements on Ole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Wouldn’t waste time replying.

Happy to see Williams get a start. Young with very little experience but the few times I’ve seen him he’s looked positive. Decent defensively and always looking to break forward with the ball. A bit of bite about him too.

Surely we will beat Brighton today. I mean, Brighton BRIGHton BRIGHTON!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hopefully we won't see the usual of play well for 25 minutes then revert to sitting back and looking knackered for the rest of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

At the game myself, hoping for a good performance and win, I don't ask much:)
    2-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,335 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hopefully we won't see the usual of play well for 25 minutes then revert to sitting back and looking knackered for the rest of the game.

I'm hopeful of 25 minutes of good play. It's about all we get if we're lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Did I hear this is the youngest starting XI by any team this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Will take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Great run by rashford , always enjoy when McTominey gets on the ball.

Also good to hear fans chant oles name...

Good start..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Pereira so lucky and so bad in the lead up to that! We sure will take it though

paulbok wrote: »
    Will take it

They deserved it, some very positive football on show

• Advertisement

Surprised martial didn't have a go when the ball dropped to him.

Fortunate goal but we are playing well to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Lucky goal but we look very comfortable here. Hopefully a couple more goals to come

Surprised martial didn't have a go when the ball dropped to him.

Ooh, more than one goal again

To be fair, you can see the difference in the team when they play with confidence.

Get in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The boom is back

#smiles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Lucky goal but we look very comfortable here. Hopefully a couple more goals to come

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Handball?

Have to say, with a scramble goal like that I just assume VAR will chalk it off cause its near impossible for there not have gave been something that could be penalised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Goal stands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Var has gone rediculous. Every little technicality.

Anyway two of the luckiest goals I’ve seen in a while. Pereira did everything wrong leading up to his goal. Everything. Defender had to make the pass for him, then after a bad Rashford touch redirect pereiras shot into the goal for him too.

:D

Should have just copy and pasted that post :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I hate VAR.

No clear and obvious error, probably did come off an arm.

Can Fred take over from Andreas on set pieces from now on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

3 minutes left, can we get another goal before it all falls apart?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

2 up already and we look to have Brighton on the ropes, hopefully we keep at them and get a few more.

BDI wrote: »
    Var has gone rediculous. Every little technicality.

Anyway two of the luckiest goals I’ve seen in a while. Pereira did everything wrong leading up to his goal. Everything. Defender had to make the pass for him, then after a bad Rashford touch redirect pereiras shot into the goal for him too.

Jeez you sound unhappy for someone usually so chipper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I can’t celebrate a goal anymore with VAR. You just know any penalty box scramble like that will be reviewed and anything slightly wrong will be picked up. I thought it’d be a good idea but it’s definitely ruining the games.

Harsh that McT won't get the goal.

2 up already and we look to have Brighton on the ropes, hopefully we keep at them and get a few more.

People talk about tactics and creativity but I think quite often the issue has been confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Great start so far

Im really enjoying this, watching a united team work so hard and play with a hit of confidence is great

Drumpot wrote: »
    People talk about tactics and creativity but I think quite often the issue has been confidence.

I would say the lack of attacking patterns and quality on or off the ball more than confidence. Though I would say some players suffer from.confidence issues alright. Rashford a prime one.

GSPfan wrote: »
    I can’t celebrate a goal anymore with VAR. You just know any penalty box scramble like that will be reviewed and anything slightly wrong will be picked up. I thought it’d be a good idea but it’s definitely ruining the games.

Shouldn't be an automatic check, only if the ref requires clarification. Or introduce a x number of challenges like tennis per team.
    Also put a 30 sec limit on the review. If it is still unclear after that, ref goes with his initial position.

• Advertisement

That should be a penalty. Not an intentional foul... But he took him down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Well we got 2 goals anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Williams is the player we thought Luke Shaw was. He’s probably saved the club €50 million to look for competition for Shaw.

We should have conceded there. Extremely lucky.

Also... Make McTominay captain. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

We still look dodgy at the back. It would be good if they could really push on and get another one or two before half time and really put Brighton to the sword.

• Advertisement

That should be a penalty. Not an intentional foul... But he took him down.
    Contact made above the knee as opposed to lower down the foot but Rashford was definitely impeded. Rare you get them though.

I would say the lack of attacking patterns and quality on or off the ball more than confidence. Though I would say some players suffer from.confidence issues alright. Rashford a prime one.

Maybe, I suppose quality on the ball can improve with confidence to be fair.

Brighton will be lucky to finish with 10 men...

Ffs, var check on a yelliw card?

Fair play to Brighton there , stooped very quickly for DDG

elbows ddg in the face. A free is given... But not a card?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement