Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

elbows ddg in the face. A free is given... But not a card?

It was accidental, don’t think a card is warranted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Also... Make McTominay captain. Seriously.

He's the single most improved player in the team over the last 2 years. I honestly thought he was brutal, one of the least deserving players ever to wear the shirt. Delighted to be proved wrong. He's probably the first name on the sheet now. A definite future captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

McT was the most vocal in the tunnel before the team came out too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Drumpot wrote: »
    It was accidental, don’t think a card is warranted

How accidental though? It was clearly deliberate to put his arm across ddg and block him. Not deliberately elbow him but you run the risk of doing so when trying to illegally block someone. More deliberate that the stray hits smaller players would get off fellaini.

Daroxtar wrote: »
    He's the single most improved player in the team over the last 2 years. I honestly thought he was brutal, one of the least deserving players ever to wear the shirt. Delighted to be proved wrong. He's probably the first name on the sheet now. A definite future captain

I was very vocal about Jose's use of him. And I stand by it, but now he is very much a player I like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Hmm maybe but if Felani hit you, you were staying down!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I’m assuming Pogba will go either into Freds position or Perreiras when he comes back. I actually don’t want him in Freds position as I think Fred puts a good shift in and moves the ball out of our half quickly. Pogba dilly dallys too much and gets into arse wrestling matches too often. I’d stick him up behind Martial and see how he gets on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Fred playing very well today in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How accidental though? It was clearly deliberate to put his arm across ddg and block him. Not deliberately elbow him but you run the risk of doing so when trying to illegally block someone. More deliberate that the stray hits smaller players would get off fellaini.

He barely touched him. Thought it was weak from DDG

Fred having a very good game. Looking the player I thought we bought, or something like it. High energy, quickly cycling of the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Fred’s been excellent today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

RasTa wrote: »
    He barely touched him. Thought it was weak from DDG

Keepers always gonna go down when touched,an automatic free out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Good first half although you could say we are lucky the lead is more than 1

Need to maintain it in the second half

Weak yellow card, imo. Just a foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I do enjoy Brandon Williams ****housery, Rojos been teaching him well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Fred is protecting Williams very well today, they are trying to target him but Fred is in there to cover then to trade insults if they get mouthy with the young lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The few times Pereira has gotten on the ball shows the value of actually using the position and not bypassing it. Needs to happen more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Quandary

It's getting slightly better, and I'm not just talking about the football ;)

That’s as good a first half you could want from United right now. No shots or serious attacks from Brighton, plenty of quick exciting forward players and a hard working team that looks to be playing like a team and for each other.

Having such a young squad/team will always cause consistancy issues

• Advertisement

Quandary wrote: »
    It's getting slightly better, and I'm not just talking about the football ;)

Teamwork?

Seen martial trying hard and tackling. Have the egos been removed and the young egos realised they can’t pick and chose when they play or what job they do?

I do feel any luck we got today so far has been deserved, there have been plenty of times when I have felt some of the chances we had took miracles not to go in when we dominated games and lost by a goal.

Maguires header being one chance I still can’t believe from I think the Newcastle game and Rashford should have had more than he had during the week.

Regardless of how poor we are this season I do love the likes of McTominay, Williams, James, Rashford, Tuanzebe in the team as I feel like they could be brilliant in a few years. I think if you add in some real quality in there with them and get a manager to get the best out of them then we could be contenders again.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Regardless of how poor we are this season I do love the likes of McTominay, Williams, James, Rashford, Tuanzebe in the team as I feel like they could be brilliant in a few years. I think if you add in some real quality in there with them and get a manager to get the best out of them then we could be contenders again.

Here we go again. Two nil up at half time with a bunch of kids playing. Calling to give the manager the chop, at half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭limnam

BDI wrote: »

Seen martial trying hard and tackling

thought he was poor overall.

Tracked back maybe once. the pull back for the goal.

The rest was his usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Drumpot wrote: »
    That’s as good a first half you could want from United right now. No shots or serious attacks from Brighton, plenty of quick exciting forward players and a hard working team that looks to be playing like a team and for each other.

Having such a young squad/team will always cause consistancy issues

Very good first half. Only minor negative is that we look poor at defending set-pieces. When Aaron Connolly is winning headers in the box, unchallenged, there's something wrong.

1 or 2 quality players, in the right positions will transform the team.

Here we go again. Two nil up at half time with a bunch of kids playing. Calling to give the manager the chop, at half time.

tbh two fortuitous goals don't make or break a manager.

so you shouldn't be surprised if someone who doesn't think he's up to it. Change because of it.

• Advertisement

Am i the only one who sees the ball hit the Brighton fellas shoulder not Maguires? I see it hit your mans shoulder and then off Maguires head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Am i the only one who sees the ball hit the Brighton fellas shoulder not Maguires? I see it hit your mans shoulder and then off Maguires head.

Thought the same myself

You alright hun?

Watched it more times I still don't know what happened.

What I would say, if it takes that long for VAR it means it's not clear and obvious so it should stand anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,005 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I can see no reason whatsoever not to award it. I can’t even see a reason why it needed to go to VAR.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    Very good first half. Only minor negative is that we look poor at defending set-pieces. When Aaron Connolly is winning headers in the box, unchallenged, there's something wrong.

1 or 2 quality players, in the right positions will transform the team.

Agreed.

I wonder if there is a way to integrate Pogba into this team without effecting the culture negativily. Maybe he can be our “free Man” in terms of hard work. I know he’s prob leaving but it’s great to see the team doing OK without him , would be good to see how they wouid do with him. In saying that One concern I would have is that all the good work would be undone by Pogba walking back into the team and everything being done through him (so if he’s playing poor the team plays poor).

limnam wrote: »
    Watched it more times I still don't know what happened.

What I would say, if it takes that long for VAR it means it's not clear and obvious so it should stand anyway

Agreed.

I honestly hate VAR now. It’s really funny at times like when City got sickened by it but other than that it is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Rashford looked to be hobbling a bit before that corner

Yellow minimum for that. Will be a little lucky not to get red.

Yellow minimum for that. Will be a little lucky not to get red.

I thought he got the ball, was also dangerous and a bit reckless, I think yellow is fair.

Rashfords been very poor 2nd half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Fred fancying it today

Has Wan Bissaka got a touch yet? :) easiest afternoon ever for him.

I thought he got the ball, was also dangerous and a bit reckless, I think yellow is fair.

Yeah,he got the ball, couldn't help but follow through with the foot that high. Only a yellow warranted.

This is great to watch

• Advertisement

Unlucky Fred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Argh bollôx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

What was fred at there?

Pereira was very poor there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Incoming usual 2nd half collapse

Subs needed urgently

Here we go again. 2-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Bazinga

FFS

Was just about to say a top coach would of changed/tightened things up as Brighton started making chances.

That was coming I suppose.
    Pereira terrible for it but I think his job was to mark the space and not the man so maybe the centre half’s should have got it.

• Advertisement

Thought he had ****ed it up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement