Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

RasTa wrote: »
    The amount of chances we waste

Should be winning 5 or 6-1 here. Chances being wasted all over the shop and another really bad goal to give away also. Three points great but beating Brighton at home should be a given really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,159 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

74401515_10158270358875982_668130769037688832_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&_nc_oc=AQlu1ZXUPsAG6Trf7La8766xTUWKN97cFau28SAILcTzHGn-9QcIg2hSyhflvl_gtmc&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=d9a702847eca525e1181ab6d07601d0c&oe=5E6165FE

From Match of the Day FB. He wasn't intimidated or out of place on his first start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

McTomminay not the theatrics type player that looks very painful and worryingly very serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Strumms wrote: »
    Should be winning 5 or 6-1 here. Chances being wasted all over the shop and another really bad goal to give away also. Three points great but beating Brighton at home should be a given really.
    Brighton are decent enough and have caused us plenty of headache over the past 18 months.

Great to put two back to back performances like that before the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

I agree with your point on beating them, but this was just the type of game we've cocked up since Olé was made permanent. So a good result really.
    Plenty to fault but more to be happy about, for a change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Good performance but left a rake of goals behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Brighton are decent enough and have caused us plenty of headache over the past 18 months.

Great to put two back to back performances like that before the break.

There's a cloud ahead of every sliver lining!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

These are the games we should be winning. So to see us picking up three points today feels like a step in the right direction, hopefully we can have a run like we had over the winter last year.

Glazers Out!

• Didn't get to see the game today. From reading it sounds like we did ok?

Looking forward to MOTD2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Played very well, moved the ball nice and quick and pressed Brighton as well wasted some great chances but at least the chances were created.

Rashford and Martial linked up well at times and James reminds me of Ray Houghton at times,all action on the right wing

And its great to see that there is a decent LB coming through in Williams

Hopefully Scotty Mac's injury isnt too serious

Probably our best of the season. Only negatives were

- Freak McT injury in last minute
    - Conceding from a set piece and looking shaky when defending a few others
    - Not taking enough of our opportunities. Rashford may get the headlines here but we should have scored 5+ today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Didn't get to see the game today. From reading it sounds like we did ok?

Looking forward to MOTD2

Yeh watch MOTD2 , hopefully highlights are as enjoyable as watching it live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

J. Marston wrote: »

True but most importantly we didn't leave points behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I hope we've all made peace with it that Liverpool will win the title

Headshot wrote: »
    I hope we've all made peace with it that Liverpool will win the title

Why draw that kind of conversation in here? Then people wonder why threads are all ****ed up. Leave them off we have plenty to worry about.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »

Yep, but I think things will continue like this unless or until we get the forward line sorted with reinforcements. 3 goals but as you say a rake left behind,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

jayo26 wrote: »
    Why draw that kind of conversation in here? Then people wonder why threads are all ****ed up. Leave them off we have plenty to worry about.

giphy.gif

Yep, but I think things will continue like this unless or until we get the forward line sorted with reinforcements. 3 goals but as you say a rake left behind,
    Thought the front three were excellent today and would be more than happy to continue with them for now. Only worry is the amount of football they have to play, potential injuries and whether Greenwood is the correct guy to have as support right now.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Thought the front three were excellent today and would be more than happy to continue with them for now. Only worry is the amount of football they have to play, potential injuries and whether Greenwood is the correct guy to have as support right now.

Yep, an injury or two up there, just like any part of the squad is going to play havoc with the team. Injuries are likely with the amount of games, thin squad etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Would ye all agree this is our best 11

De Gea

Bissaka Maguire Lindelof Williams

Mctomminay

Fred Pogba

James Martial Rashford

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Hat-trick for Erling Braut Haaland. Hopefully Ole is in touch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Minime2.5 wrote: »

De Gea

Mctomminay

Fred Pogba

James Martial Rashford

I forgot about Pogba.

I think we should just keep going with Andreas in his place. It is more energetic at least and we need to start planning for life without Pogba anyway next summer so try to make McTominay/Fred/Andreas a unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Delighted to see Scott McT blossoming to the point where he will be a big loss with his injury. Hopefully it's only a few weeks.

Delighted to see Scott McT blossoming to the point where he will be a big loss with his injury. Hopefully it's only a few weeks.

I think McTominay is a super player, I don’t remember us having a 22 year old in any position who was so mature, composed and consistent at that age and level of inexperience. What might worry me is that at the moment and likely for the rest of the season is that without him performances will dip...

Should be handed number 16 next season if he keeps going at this rate.

I think maguire will get armband full time in the summer and McT will be a couple years down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Interesting bit of news.Molde won the title today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Minime2.5 wrote: »

De Gea

Mctomminay

Fred Pogba

James Martial Rashford

Probably the best 11 but the formation is a bit sh!t. Wouldn't like to see Scott being pinned to the DM role. He has a bit of an all rounder type of game. Has scored a good few goals the last few months he was our joint top scorer going back to last season a while back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I've missed the Norwich and today's game. Went out to the pub for the Bournemouth game. Maybe I need to watch less.

Probably the best 11 but the formation is a bit sh!t. Wouldn't like to see Scott being pinned to the DM role. He has a bit of an all rounder type of game. Has scored a good few goals the last few months he was our joint top scorer going back to last season a while back

Agree id switch mctominay and Fred's around to be honest.

But it's a complex situation to fix and team is still only a shadow of its former self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Today's game makes the Bournemouth one even more baffling. Unless it really is Williams making the difference :p

Still, hard to imagine the same midfield/attacking players looked so bad one game and so good the next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Liam O wrote: »
    Today's game makes the Bournemouth one even more baffling. Unless it really is Williams making the difference :p

Still, hard to imagine the same midfield/attacking players looked so bad one game and so good the next.

Part of it is relying on such a young squad (young players notoriously inconsistent) and not having any decent alternatives when starters are off form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

But it's a complex situation to fix and team is still only a shadow of its former self.

I think for most games we don't/shouldnt need the DM. A creative midfielder and two lads with energy to be getting up and down the pitch and pick out passes. Fred thankfully showing himself has a silly pass in him maybe this changes as the confidence grows with more minutes under his belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Drumpot wrote: »
    Part of it is relying on such a young squad (young players notoriously inconsistent) and not having any decent alternatives when starters are off form.

I think Ole also alluded to the fact that fatigue may have come into play with the Chelsea game on the Wedensday & early Sat KO.

Nemanrio wrote: »
    I think Ole also alluded to the fact that fatigue may have come into play with the Chelsea game on the Wedensday & early Sat KO.
    Did the squad travel back to Manchester last week or did they stay down South?

You'd have to think it had an impact. The two performances were like chalk and cheese and I don't think it's the difference in quality between Bournemouth and Brighton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Liam O wrote: »

I dont think it is baffling. It actually makes lot of sense really with the squad.

Today was enjoyable and we seem be upping it a Gear or 2 last while. But performances like last week will still happen, it's about getting the results when we do fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I didn't see the game today but caught some of the 2nd half on the radio, and the commentator was saying that Brighton had not set up in any sort of defensive shape.

Because that alone would explain any difference in performance, everybody knows full well that United struggle most when they have to break teams down. I would be surprised at any smaller team not setting themselves up to stifle United, I know that Partizan on Thursday definitely started the game on the front foot and if thats what Brighton did as well then the result should not be surprising, that squad is much better when allowed to have space to run with the ball.

I dont think it is baffling. It actually makes lot of sense really with the squad.

Today was enjoyable and we seem be upping it a Gear or 2 last while. But performances like last week will still happen, it's about getting the results when we do fire.

I agree with you on the aspect we will get one off **** games with inexperienced players ect and as long as that's what it is we can deal with it.

Disaster of its not and performances like today or Thursday night are gonna be the rarity.

I didn't see the game today but caught some of the 2nd half on the radio, and the commentator was saying that Brighton had not set up in any sort of defensive shape.

Because that alone would explain any difference in performance, everybody knows full well that United struggle most when they have to break teams down.
    Brighton and Bournemouth set up quite similarly with a 4-4-2 setup and one that's not very defensive.

It helps when you take the lead early in the game and more so when you get a second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Delighted with the game,
    Few things from today

We can improve on set piece defending, we seem to plan a bit of set piece plays but defending is an opportunity to improve.

Pep may finish up this season. I’d say if they fall off the pace he may need a rest then take the Bayern job back at the start of next season. Maybe Lamar’s can be in a title race instead or Rodgers winning it would be great.

Rashford is still missing dead certs, he is young and that’s expected a bit.

There was a mad panic a few weeks ago and we looked like a relegation fight. Back to looking outside the top 4 now. A few signings at Christmas and we may improve but for now I’d say top 8 at a canter. I’m happy enough while ole builds with that. If he wants to sell Pogba (which I think he does) I’m happy with that too.

Hopefully replace Lindelof and get good interchangeable no9/no 10 next. Concentrate on getting a hard working unit like we seem to be making and the team improves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

You reckon?

• Any word on Mctomineys injury?
    Disappointing if he's going to be out after a decent run of form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Still can’t figure out why Brighton decided to be so open against us. I mean it’s literally the one thing you don’t need to risk and you’re practically guaranteed at least a point. Even Liverpool didn’t for Christ sake but we’ll take it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,159 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Still can’t figure out why Brighton decided to be so open against us. I mean it’s literally the one thing you don’t need to risk and you’re practically guaranteed at least a point. Even Liverpool didn’t for Christ sake but we’ll take it :D

Brighton seem to be of the only Plan A type of playing. They've been burned a few times due to their openness but wont change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I thought Zlatan was off to Italy? Daily Mail claim United will move to sign him again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

BDI wrote: »
    If he wants to sell Pogba (which I think he does) I’m happy with that too.

He's our best player on his day and maybe one of 2 players in the squad you could consider world class,

Why would you be happy for him to be sold? :confused:

• Advertisement

I missed the first half but watching back highlights martial created loads such an intelligent user of the ball and runner off it, some of his the lay offs from that position would have been back with de gea last yeat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

bmcc10 wrote: »
    He's our best player on his day and maybe one of 2 players in the squad you could consider world class,

Why would you be happy for him to be sold? :confused:

You answered your own question there....
    "On his day" isn't good enough when his days are few and far between.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

You answered your own question there....
    "On his day" isn't good enough when his days are few and far between.

The same can be said for the entire squad this past while, Pogba been played in a position and system that suits him is our best player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

The same can be said for the entire squad this past while, Pogba been played in a position and system that suits him is our best player.

Pogba has been indulged in his entire time with us and has never been anything but wildly inconsistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

At the start of this season I was willing to believe this or something to that effect but he just isn't. Was played in what I thought was his best position, similar to the one McT is playing and the one he plays for France. There was nothing after the Chelsea game to suggest that his attitude to playing for United had changed and the difference in effort level between him and McT is pronounced.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement