Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Iirc this is the third time a poster has commented on recieving sh!t PM's and you've entered into the discussion with your "get over it" type of attitude it's the internet.
    Why you're bothered about others being bothered about receiving sh!t PM's is amusing.

Again nonsense!

I haven’t mentioned his alleged pm’s whatsoever. You are seeing things that aren’t there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Wasnt bissaka and maguire on the cards anyway before ole came in? Credit to him for the james signing, has been very good for us so far, a real threat of a player.

Wasn’t Giggs recommending James aswell? Sort of feels like how we stumbled on Ronaldo in a friendly and every player told SAF to sigh him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Drumpot wrote: »
    Wasn’t Giggs recommending James aswell? Sort of feels like how we stumbled on Ronaldo in a friendly and every player told SAF to sigh him.

..... That's not what happened.

..... That's not what happened.

That’s how I remembered it but googled and while I was right about players , looks like the club had him on their radar for awhile.

So what are your thoughts today? The biggest issue is our CM but asides from that we don’t look too bad. Maybe a draw?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Rojo out injured... has been good at center back but out again, cannot be relied on to stay fit, another week and Shaw still missing, he pulled a muscle at the start of September and here we are the last week in November and still no sign of him....If Young starts today ahead of Williams then Ole will deserve the chop when it comes later next month....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Really is hilarious, and so transparent, the leniency afforded to posters coming in here on the wind up!!

And I say this after a nice 2 week "holiday" for an "inciting" hashtag comment towards posters in here, who themselves were only in here trying to incite, while their team was into the last few minutes of a game they were trailing 1-0!!!

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Rojo out injured... has been good at center back but out again, cannot be relied on to stay fit, another week and Shaw still missing, he pulled a muscle at the start of September and here we are the last week in November and still no sign of him....If Young starts today ahead of Williams then Ole will deserve the chop when it comes later next month....

Rumours aswell now that nobody Will be signed in January.

Ok so we accept the club has a long term strategy and will only sign the right players it identifies for the “required” rebuild.

Or

Woodward is doing what he has done in the past. When things get hairy he throws out PR statements about DOF and funds being available for transfers. When things die down then we get the PR , like a government trying to lower expectations around budget time, we are being groomed to be ready for nothing but may get something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

If that's the nonsensical approach they are taking then they'll have a nice shock when they find themselves without European football for a few seasons on a row.

I'm not pro Ole cause he's a club legend, I just want to naively believe the club has an actual plan right now and isn't just throwing sh*t at a wall to see what sticks.

Curious to see what Ole does with the midfield today. Lot of responsibility on Fred and Andreas' shoulders today.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    If that's the nonsensical approach they are taking then they'll have a nice shock when they find themselves without European football for a few seasons on a row.

I'm not pro Ole cause he's a club legend, I just want to naively believe the club has an actual plan right now and isn't just throwing sh*t at a wall to see what sticks.

Curious to see what Ole does with the midfield today. Lot of responsibility on Fred and Andreas' shoulders today.

I think sh*t at a wall Is exactly what they are doing. It’s why I don’t know whether people buying into this “much needed” rebuild are serious or just hopelessly naieve. Past performance is no guarantee on future performance. We might have to just run with whatever Woodward is doing but it doesn’t mean we have to believe a word he says.

The frightening thing is that Ole was plucked from relative obscurity to “make players happy” and lift the club. So he wasn’t chosen as a saviour but as an interim manager. Asides from the now clear manager bounce anomaly, what happened that convinced our bean counter that he was up for taking the club forward?

God, the more I think about it the more I think an ignorance is bliss approach is best. When you logically look at everything, it looks horrific and offers little to no hope the club is going anywhere good anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We paid a world record fee for a centre back

We paid 50 million for a right back

That is not revolutionary business on the part of the club or Ole.

People are really buying into the club propaganda that those 3 signings were the start of a new era. The jury is still out, none of them will be truly tested until we are competing for the top 4 which is probably years away, they are decent players in a team currently 10th in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

We paid a world record fee for a centre back

We paid 50 million for a right back

That is not revolutionary business on the part of the club or Ole.

People are really buying into the club propaganda that those 3 signings were the start of a new era. The jury is still out, none of them will be truly tested until we are competing for the top 4 which is probably years away, they are decent players in a team currently 10th in the league.

We also seem to have picked up a little gem of a player in James for cheap by today’s standards. 50 million for a good right back also isn’t crazy money these days.

Fred is playing today. Has looked shocking right up until a few weeks ago and is now looking like a player. If poch had a player like that people would be setting themselves about how he took an absolute dud and made him a player.

The midfield will struggle today but I think Sheffield United will be a lot fresher after having the week off. I still think United will win comfortably today.

I totally forgot about Fred.

What is it about him where I really want him to work out? I really like him for some reason even I can’t quite explain, though he’s been a relative disappointment. Maybe it’s cause he can look so desperate/frantic to get into games at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

This is a very tricky game today.

Not too confident if we really start to doubt ourselves out there.

Form has picked up before break so hope it continues.

If Sheff United go at us we actually have a decent chance as we are setup well to counter attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Best thing going for us today is they have to use Moore or Verrips since they cant use Henderson. That might unsettle their backline as I dont think they have changed their back 6 at all until now this year and used that back 6 most of last year afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I think its going to be a difficult afternoon, Sheff Utd will be right up for it could be another Bournemouth/Southampton performance today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

Hoping against hope for a win today. I just can’t see it though. Sheffield Utd are playing great and getting results to back it up. Our midfield, which is normally a worry with everyone fit is missing players today and I just don’t think we will cope.

Would really be a great result today if we managed to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

ziggyman17 wrote: »

Luke Shaw is a fraud, highest paid full back in the world, always injured and disappoints more often than not. Much rather see Williams given a shot, especially today.

United ‘lucky’ Henderson is unavailable today, they’ve had an incredible start to the season. Anyone thinking we’ll win comfortably today is delusional, they’re a plucky side with a few good results so far and United have no midfield.

Do well to draw. 1-1 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Shaw is the highest paid full back in the world? You sure about that?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Hococop wrote: »
    What if ole stepped down ( paid off a bit) and was given the dof role ( his signings this summer have been the best in a long time) and we signed poch?

His signings this summer weren't exactly picking unknowns.
    Overpaid for two defenders and picked up a good winger who probably wasnt expected to get as much time as he has.
    United are 10th in the league and people are happy with Ole.The standards really have dropped.
    The squad is in an absolute ****e, Ole gutted the midfield and attack and no replacements in.A injuries away from being ****ed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

yabadabado wrote: »
    Overpaid for two defenders and picked up a good winger who probably wasnt expected to get as much time as he has.
    United are 10th in the league and people are happy with Ole.The standards really have dropped.
    The squad is in an absolute ****e, Ole gutted the midfield and attack and no replacements in.A injuries away from being ****ed.

Who's happy with being 10th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

yabadabado wrote: »

Jose wanted Maguire and Woodward vetoed it.
    AWB was one of the top full backs in the league last year.
    Giggs personally recommended James.

So anyone who thinks Ole pulled off a master stroke by signing them is mistaken.
    Now we have a change in tune regards the January window from targeting signings to waiting until the Summer. Of course it's hard to get value in January but there's options out there to fill gaps in the squad without having to go for galacticos.
    Mandzukic is reported to have lowered his wage demands to get a move and he'd give us a plan B up front if the counter attack style isn't working against teams who sit in. He might not be a popular signing but he has experience and will come cheap instead of depending on Haaland who may not even want to join.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I hope we lose our next 3 games, including at home to Spurs/Jose. Ole will go then, and Poch should be hired asap. Let his first game be against City :)

I hope we lose our next 3 games, including at home to Spurs/Jose. Ole will go then, and Poch should be hired asap. Let his first game be against City :)

Jaysis.

As regards to signings, he can’t be flogged for not having cover having a light squad and then flogged because somebody else does the signings.

It seems people just don’t like club legend ole. I wonder were they fans when he played or are they newcomers to football.

Maybe they just want to keep sacking managers and have no love of United at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Anyone who wants to see their team lose needs to have a talk to themselves.

Liam O wrote: »
    Who's happy with being 10th?

Dunno ,why do you ask ?
    I dont recall anyone saying that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Anyone who wants to see their team lose needs to have a talk to themselves.

Andy Goram likes this.

BDI wrote: »
    Jaysis.

As regards to signings, he can’t be flogged for not having cover having a light squad and then flogged because somebody else does the signings.

It seems people just don’t like club legend ole. I wonder were they fans when he played or are they newcomers to football.

Maybe they just want to keep sacking managers and have no love of United at all.

It’s posts like this that make me question your motives in here.

I would hazard a reasonable guess that very few, if any, united fans have any ill Will towards Ole and would love nothing better then him to work out. The issue, as has been pointed out numerous times, is that people correctly it ask whether him being a legend overrides a common sense approach to judging managers on their CV (that gives hope they have the competency to do their job) and what they have done in their job to date.

Neither looks Particularly impressive for Ole so only a very misguided fan or somebody with mentally challenged alternative motives would argue “we can’t keep sacking managers” as a primary reason for retaining a manager.

If Ole does fail I want it to be terrible, not because I want him to fail but because I’m concerned they just keep papering over the cracks again and again and again. I thought things would have to change after the Jose debacle but they have just kept throwing sh*t at the wall and nobody has really batted an eyelid.

We might not be able to force the owners to sell up but the club in turmoil is more likely to see some sort of change of tactic (even Woodward sacked and a DOF with some authority) then the club plodding along between 10th-4th. I really don’t think the owners give a sh*t about what’s going on as long the club retains a couple of billion value. Maybe if the issue got bad enough they would f**k off.

Jaysis.

People dont like Ole ,what rubbish.
    imo the only reason he got the gig to begin with and has held onto it this long is the universal love the fans have for Ole .He is a club legend but that forsnt mean he is good enough for the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

How will that work exactly?

3 at the back, 2 wingbacks.......2 midfielders and 3 in attack?

3-4-3 or Jones in midfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

343/3511/523/532/3412/541

Whatever.

Just put in a performance please lads

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Good to see Egan didn't make it so that's two out of the back six that have changed.

Could be Jones in midfield here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Jaysis.

I love Ole but i love United more and i want what is best for the club. Ole should never have been hired full time but that's not his fault: i hope he gets a massive settlement to walk away, but we need Pochettino now before he gets tied up elsewhere. Who else has the pedigree in English football thay he has, and is available? Spurs performances and league finishes (on a fraction of what United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool spent) have to be credited to Poch. Now there are so many players at Spurs with no contracts and no new recruits; he was fcuked by Levy and had to leave. A golden opportunity for us to get him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

For a super sub he makes terrible tactical substitutions, player politics agents Woodward and more importantly the actual pressure to live up to expectations must take a terrible toll lately the results have been hard to take Newcastle particularly would Pogba and (insert player from Lukaku funds) have made a difference but Ole can't be blamed if players are out or not recruited can he...

It’s so selective, all poch s good points are his and bad points are Levy, yet all oles bad points are his and good points were giggs and Woodward and jose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

You need to pick another team my friend and shut the door on your way out .. ....

I for one hope Ole can get a good run going because I'm a fan and always will be.

Go on united today!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

God save us all, Jones is starting

You know utd are at the bottom of the barrel when Jones is starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Smalling motm again for Roma today.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Jaysis.

This post sums up what you are at here

Embarrassing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Would love to see this as a 352 with Martial as the deepest attacker behind the other two. He’s our best out and out forward but I’d love to see how he does in a role with a little bit of creative responsibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Could be Jones in midfield here.

Remember that Champions league game in the Bernabeu when Fergie played him as a DM. And he was quite good.

Of course the English media went way overboard and some started hailing him as the next Duncan Edwards :)

I don't expect to see a repeat today.....but it would be nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Would love to see this as a 352 with Martial as the deepest attacker behind the other two. He’s our best out and out forward but I’d love to see how he does in a role with a little bit of creative responsibility.

I'd have to say I'd much prefer Martial to be the main goal threat and Rash and James deeper given room to run at goal. James as wide as possible. Martial with a run of games and a few goals could get confidence and go on a good run. He's more accurate than anyone else whje he's on form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Remember that Champions league game in the Bernabeu when Fergie played him as a DM And he was quite good.

Of course the English media went way overboard and started hailing him as the next Duncan Edwards :)

With the amount of time he spends flying through the air more like Duncan bloody Goodhew.

5 at the back to start with anyway.

Jones goes left back when attacking and Williams pushes on.

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Remember that Champions league game in the Bernabeu when Fergie played him as a DM. And he was quite good.

Of course the English media went way overboard and some started hailing him as the next Duncan Edwards :)

I remember when we signed him he really did look like he was going to be an amazing central defender. I presume injuries have destroyed his Potential, real shame cause he puts his head on front of anything.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement