Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Liam O wrote: »
    Would ye ever feck off! Fight back to a winning position by overloading the team with attackers. Of course the prudent move is to bring on a defensive player. It didn't work out but it was the right move.

Why though?

United played well when they went ultra attacking and got 3 goals.

Sheffield United looked out on their feet which allowed the goals. Why rest there?

Ole resorted to the defensive game allowing Sheffield United to attack and deservedly conceded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,005 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Adamocovic wrote: »
    What have you been watching to think James is useless?

In defending the final goal, all weak as fûck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,773 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    See above.

I know the rule, but it's not black and white. No conclusive way of saying it hit his arm and not shoulder. There's also a get out in the rule for deflections, if it deflected off another part of his body and then hit it it doesn't have to be disallowed, and he was clearly pulling the arm away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Lingard is toxic. Added absolutely nothing other than being not Phil Jones.

Lingard was very good. Always available and linked everyone together. Rarely lost the ball. Another case of someone not being able to get any credit no matter what they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ole is some man to talk about our need to finish off teams. We get the third and look threatening for the 4th, decides to take off Martial, bring on Tuanzebe and ****ing retreat into our shells. Absolutely spineless.

Yap.

Some may say it was the right decision but this utd team has proven they cannot defend and attacking was the best way to defend.

We were all over them but when that sub happened, you saw Sheffield utd get a spring from it and knew they had a chance and could drive forward more without worrying about defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

Let there be no doubt that Ole needs to go. A great 15 minutes to try and wash over the utter dross of the first 65 but these performances just can’t be ignored.

Everyone is calling for Emery’s head at Arsenal and they have more points than us.

The ****show goes on and decisions get kicked down the road again.

The is is what Manchester Utd have become.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Liam O wrote: »
    Lingard was very good. Always available and linked everyone together. Rarely lost the ball. Another case of someone not being able to get any credit no matter what they do.

He ran straight into a defender 4 times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Great spirit but we were poison for vast majority of that.

Andreas is really really average. He was worst player on the pitch by a considerable distance. I think Olè has been very unlucky with injuries but I’d like him to go now and get Poch.

Greenwood will be a star

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Why though?

United played well when they went ultra attacking and got 3 goals.

Sheffield United looked out on their feet which allowed the goals. Why rest there?

Ole resorted to the defensive game allowing Sheffield United to attack and deservedly conceded.
    4-1-1-4 is a high risk formation. There is a reason we don't opt for it for 90 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Whoever is in charge will need a miracle to get top 4,

We saw the good the bad and the very ugly today from Utd, my god the first 70 minutes were the worst of the season by a long way,

Williams goal goes in, and all of a sudden they remembered how to play football and passed the ball and move

Will gladly take a point because all three would have been robbery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Ole is some man to talk about our need to finish off teams. We get the third and look threatening for the 4th, decides to take off Martial, bring on Tuanzebe and ****ing retreat into our shells. Absolutely spineless.

Shocking game management. Started off with 3 at the back with that midfield is just asking for pressure which we all know how well Jones can handle. After getting the third we should be looking at the final 10 mins to finish the game off and go home with 3 points. But nope Ole takes off our striker Martial for another defender and like you said we retreat back and invite Sheffield back into our half.

Ole seriously needs to stop making these same mistakes. Enough with the 3 at the back. Learn how to finish the game off. Stop celebrating the 3rd goal as if we've won the game.

Another one step forward two steps back. Story of our season

S.M.B. wrote: »
    4-1-1-4 is a high risk formation. There is a reason we don't opt for it for 90 minutes.

Completely get that but it worked against a tiring Sheffield United team.

We opted for the safe option which time and time again has proved it doesn’t work out.

We played 532 for the guts of 45 mins and lost 1-0.

We play other formations and look like a pub team.

Headshot wrote: »
    Yap.

Some may say it was the right decision but this utd team has proven they cannot defend and attacking was the best way to defend.

We were all over them but when that sub happened, you saw Sheffield utd get a spring from it and knew they had a chance and could drive forward more without worrying about defending.

I’d give their manager some credit, like he just said... “here, last 15 throw the kitchen sink at them get beat 5-2 or 3-3....

James like a headless chicken for the last goal, beaten way to easily, needed to keep his head, containing his man and then tackle.

SHOULD have been ruled out... fûck VAR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Weepsie wrote: »
    I know the rule, but it's not black and white. No conclusive way of saying it hit his arm and not shoulder. There's also a get out in the rule for deflections, if it deflected off another part of his body and then hit it it doesn't have to be disallowed, and he was clearly pulling the arm away.

“Nah”

There’s no get out. Once the attacking team gains an advantage from the ball touching the arm then that’s the end of it. Or at least it’s meant to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

BDI wrote: »
    I think any top keeper saves the first one and he milked the second one. It would have hit him if he just stood there.

Oh how the mask slips

Trigger wrote: »
    Oh how the mask slips

hmm that reminds me of someone I know, I wonder who...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Last goal hit the top of his arm but Souness said that player tried to get his hand out of way, is that the rule now? If you try to get your hand out or way it’s ok?

Drumpot wrote: »
    Last goal hit the top of his arm but Souness said that player tried to get his hand out of way, is that the rule now? If you try to get your hand out or way it’s ok?

Nope. The rule change in the Summer was meant to clear up that. As in once you gain any kind of advantage from the ball touching your arm, no matter how accidental or unintentional, any goal that comes from it is to be ruled out. It’s another mistake imo for VAR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Poch's last game was a draw with Sheffield United. Just saying.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You can blame managers all you like (and agree mostly)

But Phil Jones has been at the club since 2011. He could not cut it v Basel when we got knocked out in CL qualifiers then and he cant cut it now. But yet here we are over 8 years later with this same guy. And we wonder why we have regressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

As a football fan if that goal had been ruled out I think I would have given up.

It hit his shoulder, not his arm, and he did everything he possibly could to keep his arm back from the ball when a natural reaction would have been to try and control the ball.

Helps of course that as a United fan it didn't matter anyway, that performance was rubbish yet again and the result doesn't change the bigger picture one ****ing bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭doc_17

Poch's last game was a draw with Sheffield United. Just saying.....

Speaking of Pochettino....how much of a break does he need before he’s take the Utd job? Or any other job? I think OGS’s time is done. And Carrick has been sat beside the boss for so long now you’d question what he’s actually offering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Some of the back 3 criticism seems a bit reactionary. It's served us well in some games, especially vs Liverpool.

The key is to play that system with the right personnel.

Today we missed McTominay giving protection to the centre backs, and being a general nuisance - breaking up the opposition's attacks.
    And Rojo is clearly much more comfortable at the left of a back 3 than Jones.

What's really apparent is the degree to which our midfield has been decimated. Its taken just a couple of injuries to leave us almost completely bereft in that area. Perreira is way below the standard required.

Not replacing Herrera and Fellaini in the summer was suicidal - and that will continue to haunt us as the season progresses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

Does anyone honestly think Ole will be sacked before the end of the year?

I just can’t see it happening.

• Trigger wrote: »
    Oh how the mask slips

Tbf, Stop biting lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

In a way I can kind of understand it as it wasn't totally clear whether it was shoulder or arm. Looked like arm from the first few angles and shoulder from the later ones. I thought it would be disallowed but alas, difficult to judge for sure. Thought DDG could have done better with the hand he got to it.

adox wrote: »

No. He be around till end of season I think

*ye be all quoting this in morning now when he gets the sack :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Nope, he'll be here until the end of the season

• Headshot wrote: »
    there we go

Please let that be Ole's last game

It's not to late to save this season

That result only prolongs the inevitable
    Adds more weeks of pain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think he's gone sometime this week.

• Advertisement

With Woodward, who the fûck knows?

Spurs sack Poch and bar a few, any club in the PL would take him.

Silva and Pellegrini both on the chopping block I’d be confident of getting a job in the PL again, or another big league.

Would Ole honestly be wanted by any team in the PL? My answer is no.

What the **** is Ole smoking?

Im looking at his interview and my jaw dropped to the ground in disbelief

Headshot wrote: »
    What the **** is Ole smoking?

Im looking at his interview and my jaw dropped to the ground in disbelief

I’m away at the moment and no access to post match. What did he say?

Any links?

Ole saying that sometimes football matches are “beyond tactics” and that right now he can’t put his finger on why we were so bad for an hour.

No, Ole, we were ****e for an hour because of the **** tactics you set us up with. We didn’t have a fit 11 who could play 352 yet you fired on ahead with it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Any links?

He's delighted with the comeback. Doesn't seem at all disappointed by the result.

Did we not come from 2-0 down to Southampton and Newcastle at home and we won 3-2 last season? confused:

Drumpot wrote: »
    Did we not come from 2-0 down to Southampton and Newcastle at home and we won 3-2 last season? confused:

Newcastle was with Jose. Southampton I think it was 2-1 down. We did come back from 2 against Burnley to draw 2-2 if I remember right.

Any links?

giphy.gif

Newcastle was with Jose. Southampton I think it was 2-1 down. We did come back from 2 against Burnley to draw 2-2 if I remember right.

But I thought he was implying that this bunch of players were more likely to comeback in this manner? It was bullsh*t whatever his point was to be fair.

He's delighted with the comeback. Doesn't seem at all disappointed by the result.

So drawing with Sheffield United is now the definition of a ‘good result’ for Manchester United according to their manager.

Ok Ole, bye bye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

He most definitely won't make the end of the season. No chance.

End of the year? Maybe. I don't think so but it wouldn't surprise me if this dragged out into January as well, the club has form there.

But we have seen what he brings and it is nowhere near good enough, sooner or later the club will finally bow to the inevitable. 20 points behind Liverpool in November? 4 wins from 13 games? This is only ending one way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Giving jones a game was the managers fault. I hold my hands up there. A squad full of cry babies shipped out and playing with the minimum isn’t the managers fault.

Substitution at the end didn’t work out and I can see why it annoys people, but it’s a tactic used by managers up and down the country defending a lead with a few minutes left.

• Everton to take Potch
    Rumour that Silva is gone

It's sad to watch a legend talk like that.

Everton to take Potch

Be very surprised if Poch went to Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

22 games since we've last put back to back league wins together.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Everton to take Potch

BBC said it's probably Moyes in till the end of the season.

Ole just has to maintain the “company line” to keep his job. That’s why you always get these happy-go-lucky village idiot style interviews where he contradicts himself a few times. He does more mental gymnastics than the Premier League Thread on here in order to maintain a positive message.

We’re long past the point of his job being attached to any sort of performance metrics because they’ve all been **** for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Strumms wrote: »
    So drawing with Sheffield United is now the definition of a ‘good result’ for Manchester United according to their manager.

Ok Ole, bye bye

In fairness I'd have taken the point before kick-off. They are a decent side. 5th in the table for good reason.
    Drew at Stamford Bridge. Beat Arsenal. And should have got a draw against Liverpool but for a crazy goalkeeping howler.

Always knew this would be a horrible fixture for us, especially coming straight after the Intl. break.
    With McTom and Pogba missing, that midfield is just woeful.

The reality is we don't have a squad good enough to go to places like Bramall lane and fully expect the 3 points.
    Its depressing to admit.....but there it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Lord TSC wrote: »
    BBC said it's probably Moyes in till the end of the season.

I’d be happy for Moyes to get back into Everton and get his old job back long term. I don’t know if any of you remember back that far but he was doing a great job with Everton until he took a gamble going to United. And failed where Jose also failed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement