Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Invincible wrote: »
    He's been an outstanding player for the club.
    He'd have the best interests of the club at heart.
    Why give the job to an outsider with no history in the club?

Because they are better qualified?

I could give you a list of former players a mile long that qualify for the job under those criteria, but frankly that would be a horrible way to fill what would be a very important role.

Proven experience and previous success in similar roles is the only criteria worth a damn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

He's been an outstanding player for the club.
    He'd have the best interests of the club at heart.
    Why give the job to an outsider with no history in the club?

Isn't that the argument for him being manager too - look at how that is working out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

I suppose the general consensus then is there is no role at the club for Ole.
    I agree the results are dismal.
    With the squad at his disposal, what difference will another managerial change make?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Tuanzebe is not a midfielder if that's what the plan was
    We had no shape or structure for the majority of the game never mind towards the end of the game

This is just nonsense. We did have a shape and structure. It’s just players in key areas let us down.

The two major ones are jones and Andreas. The midfield were out fought and gave away possession too easily. James got into great positions in the 1st half for counters but his decision making and execution were awful and everything that went into Martials feet came back cause he doesn’t hold it up well enough.

There was a definite plan in 1st half. It just didn’t work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

v3ttel wrote: »
    I like Pochettino, he did a very good job over multiple years at Spurs.........but to play devils advocate.

I wonder what the people calling for Pochettino would think if we had 14 points after 12 games?

Of if they've be happy if we took 9 points from 14 away games in the current calendar year?

Or how they would feel about appointing a manager who has never won a trophy?

Seeing as those are the the reasons for wanting our current manager out. IMHO, this "golden opportunity" is hyperbolic BS. There is no magic wand or silver bullet to fix the problems at MUFC.

When Klopp left Dortmund he was on the back of a poor season, didnt mean he was a bad manager, just meant that things had gone stale and that happens, it happened at Arsenal and save for the genius of the GOAT, it would have happened with us years ago.

Is Poch the right answer for us?

Honestly, I dont know. Having not gotten over the line trophy wise would certainly be at the back of my mind however he has done well at a lower level team in the Saints and a mid level team in Spurs.

He was financially impeded at both but at United he would have the biggest team in the country with alot of financial fire power behind him. More than that however, he has a vision of how he wants his teams to play, Ole looks bereft of anything resembling tactical nous.

He could come in and it would simply not work, thats the risk with any manager but one thing is for sure, Ole is not working and I do not believe he will ever get it to work. We are 9 points off 4th already with City and Spurs to play in the next 3 games, we will be fortunate to get 4 points out of these games which will leave us on 21 with almost half the seasons games played.

There was a definite plan in 1st half. It just didn’t work.

And with that being obvious, very quickly, its infuriating that Ole waited until HT to do something.

Even when he said after the match that he wanted to sub all 11 at HT.... if things were going that badly WHY TF did you do nothing about it til HT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Plenty of people rule out Ole for a Director of Football position saying he has no experience. But what is the required experience? He has overseen probably the most successful transfer market Utd have had post Ferguson. He isnt afriad to clear out big name players that arent performing or justifying their salary. It also looks like he is going to generate millions for the club due to signing Smalling up to a long term contract last year (unless they decide to bring him back (Yes I know Jones' contact doesnt look like such a good move though). He does have a vision for the club and a certain type of player that he wants to recruit. That's a consistency that the club didnt have with pervious managers signing.

He also appears to have a very good relationship with the current players and board. He already has a scouting network in place. And he also genuinely loves the club. I'm sure he as much as anybody wants to see Utd back on top and would give the job his all.

But as we saw again yesterday one of his biggest weaknesses is tactics. I dont think he's cut out to be a manager but that in no way means he couldnt be a successful DoF. And Im sure plenty would ask why he'd even consider taking what would be seen as a demotion? Well, I dont have the stats on it but Im guessing DoF tend to last much longer than managers. He could stay as manager for another 6 months and get sacked by the club. Or he could move into a DoF role now and be at the club for the next 5 or 10 years.

He was financially impeded at both but at United he would have the biggest team in the country with alot of financial fire power behind him. More than that however, he has a vision of how he wants his teams to play, Ole looks bereft of anything resembling tactical nous.

Would he? In theory, yes. But just look at the summer gone. Did we act like a team with a lot of financial fire power? Add in last january, summer 2018 and January 2018. Do United act like a club with massive financial strength or one working to moderate net spend?

Net spend in summer 2018 and 2019 very similar. Coincidence?

Sure we spent big on Maguire and AWB - but we sold Lukaku for a fair wedge. Let Herrera leave without replacing him (having sold and not replaced Fellaini) and loaned Sanchez out without replacing him. Not only did we take in a good sum of cash from the Lukaku sale - we substantially reduced the wage bill.

At United would Poch really have that much more financial power? Or would he have his hands tied behind his back like the last few United managers have had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,773 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Plenty of people rule out Ole for a Director of Football position saying he has no experience. But what is the required experience? He has overseen probably the most successful transfer market Utd have had post Ferguson. He isnt afriad to clear out big name players that arent performing or justifying their salary. It also looks like he is going to generate millions for the club due to signing Smalling up to a long term contract last year (unless they decide to bring him back (Yes I know Jones' contact doesnt look like such a good move though). He does have a vision for the club and a certain type of player that he wants to recruit. That's a consistency that the club didnt have with pervious managers signing.

He also appears to have a very good relationship with the current players and board. He already has a scouting network in place. And he also genuinely loves the club. I'm sure he as much as anybody wants to see Utd back on top and would give the job his all.

But as we saw again yesterday one of his biggest weaknesses is tactics. I dont think he's cut out to be a manager but that in no way means he couldnt be a successful DoF. And Im sure plenty would ask why he'd even consider taking what would be seen as a demotion? Well, I dont have the stats on it but Im guessing DoF tend to last much longer than managers. He could stay as manager for another 6 months and get sacked by the club. Or he could move into a DoF role now and be at the club for the next 5 or 10 years.

Smalling signed his new contract on Dec 15, 2018. Mourinho was sacked 3 days later. That's some bloody good work by Ole.

They're still paying a massive portion of the Sanchez wage.

No plan to replace the most important midfielder to the team.

Overpaying on a marginally above average centre back.

He is possibly the person who wanted Jones and Young rewarded with new contracts though...as they were signed in Feb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Would he? In theory, yes. But just look at the summer gone. Did we act like a team with a lot of financial fire power? Add in last january, summer 2018 and January 2018. Do United act like a club with massive financial strength or one working to moderate net spend?

Net spend in summer 2018 and 2019 very similar. Coincidence?

Sure we spent big on Maguire and AWB - but we sold Lukaku for a fair wedge. Let Herrera leave without replacing him (having sold and not replaced Fellaini) and loaned Sanchez out without replacing him. Not only did we take in a good sum of cash from the Lukaku sale - we substantially reduced the wage bill.

At United would Poch really have that much more financial power? Or would he have his hands tied behind his back like the last few United managers have had.

One would assume there was reluctance to speed big considering Oles inexperience, or perhaps Ole genuinely believed the players at the club were sufficient, we will never know for sure but we have spent big (and foolishly in alot of cases) in the last 7 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

A big positive from yesterday was Lingard I thought. He appears to have lost any ability or confidence to break through the lines but his passing this season has been generally pretty good if unadventurous. It really suited the team having someone with a cool head moving the ball around and dragging players out of position. Something Pereira didn't do. With his work rate I wouldn't mind him being tried out deeper.

• Ole shouldn't be given any position he's not qualified for.
    Saying he should be DOF is equally as bad as saying he should be allowed continue as Man Utd manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Ole shouldn't be given any position he's not qualified for.
    Saying he should be DOF is equally as bad as saying he should be allowed continue as Man Utd manager.

But what is the qualification for being DoF? Many top clubs appointed people with a lot less experience than Ole as their DoF.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

But what is the qualification for being DoF? Many top clubs appointed people with a lot less experience than Ole as their DoF.

Its also an expectations thing.

When people online talk about a DoF, they want someone to utterly replace Woodward, and take charge of restructuring the club from top to bottom.

Sadly, that won't happen. Woodward is going nowhere.

The DoF will be a figure head, and thats about it. Someone to pose for pictures and pretend to be in charge of things. Which suits Ole, or Rio, or whoever else. Because a proper, top tier DoF won't come to play as Woody's puppet.

One would assume there was reluctance to speed big considering Oles inexperience, or perhaps Ole genuinely believed the players at the club were sufficient, we will never know for sure but we have spent big (and foolishly in alot of cases) in the last 7 years.

Well... then WTF are United at?

Appoint a manager and then don't back in 5 months later cause you aren't sure of him?

As I said the previous summer with Jose, back him or sack him. Doing neither set United back, and if it was the case in the summer too, it set United back again.

If Ole thinks Pereira, McTominay, Matic and Pogba are a good enough midfield unit, then he should be sacked for that alone, cause it is blatantly incorrect.

Transfer business done in summer 2018, January 2019, summer 2019 have all been shocking - that is the trend and that is what I will base my assumption of what the current United budgetting is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Ole said after yesterday’s result, there has been changes between last years side and this years, positive changes. That the attitude is there. The same who thinks performances are great when they’re absolutely dire.

Every single one of us can see the performances have been absolutely dog shît. Putrid to watch. No bite. Glimpses of talent but no strategy, etc.

If he’s that deluded, I don’t want him anywhere near a DOF role, especially under qualified.

If going down that route, Ferdinand would be a better shout. Seems to have better links around the globe and better personality to attract players. That said, he’s not qualified, nor is Ole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

MUFC would be mad not to go for Poch, right now
    With the right backing, I think he would have delivered a league title for Spurs
    He would get that backing at ManYoo
    You should go for him before someone else does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

If poch comes in or any other manager

They need guarantees from the club of full control and the funds being there to rebuild

Other than receiving these guarantees I wouldn't think any good manager would want or take the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

With the right backing, I think he would have delivered a league title for Spurs

He had his chance the year Leicester won it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Ole and Moyes now have almost identical records as manager of United.

34 games played, 57 points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

ozzy jr wrote: »
    He had his chance the year Leicester won it.

yep :(

He would get that backing at ManYoo
    You should go for him before someone else does

What better did he do than Ole is doing now!
    He didn't actually go out on a high, once it went downhill for Spurs, he wasn't able to turn it around.
    Benitez would have better credibility, if he was available.

What better did he do than Ole is doing now!
    He didn't actually go out on a high, once it went downhill for Spurs, he wasn't able to turn it around.
    Benitez would have better credibility, if he was available.

Put Spurs in the regular hunt for CL spots.
    Had Spurs playing in a Champions League final.
    Had Spurs playing coherent football.

How on earth can you think what Ole is doing now is comparable to what Poch did with Southampton or Spurs. Lunacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

How on earth can you think what Ole is doing now is comparable to what Poch did with Southampton or Spurs. Lunacy.
    People are blinded for the love of the man and the legend

Refuse to judge him as a manager

Brilliant signing by the board imo

They know oles legacy is so important to us as fans so that covers their arses

I love OLE

But he is way out of his depth

People are blinded for the love of the man and the legend

Refuse to judge him as a manager

Brilliant signing by the board imo

They know oles legacy is so important to us as fans so that covers their arses

I love OLE

But he is way out of his depth

Its the same with this 'We've tried the superstar manager route...'. Its infuriating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Lads saying ole only does the bad stuff and somebody else does the good stuff doesn’t help the club.

Accountants give contracts, work out wages and length of contract. To think they let Ole jiggle the finances of a billion pound corporation because he scored the winner in a champions league final is ludicrous.

It’s 2019. Stuff like the manager putting an old pro on 30 bob a week is long gone.

Jones has been kept at the club way longer than ole has been there. If he has a run of ten games in a row he will sell for 15 million ideally but I think it was a bad decision made by accountants and advisors and maybe marketing men. Herrera wanted way more than he was worth, maybe ole wanted to keep him but accountants said no. Or maybe he was told he could spend 800 000 a week on his midfield wages and Herrera could only be offered less than he wanted to make that happen. He certainly didn’t decide to pay off interest only on a loan in the first quarter of the fiscal year to cover half his wages then cut croissants from the canteen to cover the other half.

He picks the team and tells them how to play and tries to keep them motivated. Coaches are just like super valu supervisors now, They decide who packs the shelves and who sweeps the floor and sometimes they might get a say on recruitment.

The club is slowly being squeezed. Just like Liverpool was under hicks and the other fella. All costs squashed right down to a minimum until they sell off in a crisis when it’s been fully squeezed.

I refuse to throw ole under the wheels of it and have it go further then under a new manager. Honestly how people can watch all these managers struggle and think we need a new manager is madness.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if behind the scenes mick phelan ran the team and ole does the interviews and the marketing department thought Carrick would look good standing there with a clip board.

The supporters need to push against how the club is run, not how the team is run.

But he had a better selection of players at spurs, than he'd have with this current united team. As was posted earlier, no replacements brought in gor Lukaku,Sanchez,Fellaini or Herrera.
    Cant expect ant manager to come in and do wonders with whats there presently.

BDI wrote: »
    I refuse to throw ole under the wheels of it and have it go further then under a new manager. Honestly how people can watch all these managers struggle and think we need a new manager is madness.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if behind the scenes mick phelan ran the team and ole does the interviews and the marketing department thought Carrick would look good standing there with a clip board.

The supporters need to push against how the club is run, not how the team is run.

So.... firstly. It could be both. Both the manager is not good enough, the board are rubbish.

secondly. You reckon we should back the manager.... whom it wouldn't surprise you if he wasn't even the manager.

Thirdly. Do both. The manager is not good enough. Even with full backing from the board, he would not be good enough.

But he had a better selection of players at spurs, than he'd have with this current united team. As was posted earlier, no replacements brought in gor Lukaku,Sanchez,Fellaini or Herrera.
    Cant expect ant manager to come in and do wonders with whats there presently.

No, you can't. But you can expect a manager to do BETTER than Ole is doing. Relegation form is the best a manager could do at United with these players?

Why did he sanction the sale of Lukaku and Fellaini without replacements? Why did he sanction the loan of Sanchez without replacement? Why did he not demand a replacement for Herrera?

Maybe he did... demand replacement but Woodward knows there is no chance Ole will speak out or speak up cause Ole knows there is no effing chance he gets a better job. Its United or back to Norway with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

No, you can't. But you can expect a manager to do BETTER than Ole is doing. Relegation form is the best a manager could do at United with these players?

Why did he sanction the sale of Lukaku and Fellaini without replacements? Why did he sanction the loan of Sanchez without replacement? Why did he not demand a replacement for Herrera?

Maybe he did... demand replacement but Woodward knows there is no chance Ole will speak out or speak up cause Ole knows there is no effing chance he gets a better job. Its United or back to Norway with him.

He has a long contract. If he speaks out and gets sacked he will be paid off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,005 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

v3ttel wrote: »
    I like Pochettino, he did a very good job over multiple years at Spurs.........but to play devils advocate.

I wonder what the people calling for Pochettino would think if we had 14 points after 12 games?

Of if they've be happy if we took 9 points from 14 away games in the current calendar year?

Or how they would feel about appointing a manager who has never won a trophy?

Seeing as those are the the reasons for wanting our current manager out. IMHO, this "golden opportunity" is hyperbolic BS. There is no magic wand or silver bullet to fix the problems at MUFC.

There is no magic wand but what there is.. is like any club, any industry when success isn’t happening you need to address why...

Is recruitment up to standard if not... WHY ?

Tactics on the pitch, style of play, issues ? ... WHY ?

There are reasons WHY we are fûcking around in the doldrums of the league.... identify them, start addressing them, fix them...

BDI wrote: »
    He has a long contract. If he speaks out and gets sacked he will be paid off.

And will find it very difficult to get any job that is remotely comparable.

There isn't a PL club, or top league club anywhere that would by banging on his door.

This is his one shot, and he won't do anything to jeopardise it. He'll toe the line. To the end of the line.

And will find it very difficult to get any job that is remotely comparable.

There isn't a PL club, or top league club anywhere that would by banging on his door.

This is his one shot, and he won't do anything to jeopardise it. He'll toe the line. To the end of the line.

That he'll do, as without a proven track record, he wont get another job of comparable stature.
    No matter what manager is there, unless he's guaranteed the funds to strengthen the squad, we'll be looking at an underperforming team for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Nobody has patience anymore. What's the problem with giving Ole a few years to get the club in order.
    What actual difference does it make to anyone here?

kippy wrote: »
    Nobody has patience anymore. What's the problem with giving Ole a few years to get the club in order.

Whats the proof he's the man to do it? What makes Ole, in particular, the man to entrust that level of restructuring too?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Whats the proof he's the man to do it? What makes Ole, in particular, the man to entrust that level of restructuring too?

Have you learned nothing from the past 7 years or so.

Have you learned nothing from the past 7 years or so.

Thats not an answer.

What makes Ole, in particular, worthy of such faith?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Thats not an answer.

What makes Ole, in particular, worthy of such faith?

Of course it's an answer. If it doesn't suit you,fair enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,005 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It isn’t Oles job to get the club in order... it’s Ole’s job to get the best out of the team. He isn’t doing that, he hasn’t done that since he’s been here and after each negative result he just proceeds to bullshît from the moon with his thoughts, excuses and confabulation...

• Advertisement

Of course it's an answer. If it doesn't suit you,fair enough

No it's not. Ole's suitability has nothing to do with what has gone before.

No patience here whatsoever.

United have gone through the various manager types at this stage. None have worked and some have sucked the club dry of wages and compensation. Leave it to Ole for a few years. He has as good a chance of sorting it as any of his predecessors or indeed any other manager out there.
    No loss giving him plenty time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Ole and Moyes now have almost identical records as manager of United.

34 games played, 57 points!

A fairly pointless comparison.

Moyes inherits a title winning squad just weeks after they lift the PL Trophy. With loads of proven winners, with pedigree.

Ole inherits a bunch of largely inconsistent and unmotivated players (with a few exceptions). Has to start clearing out the squad, rebuilding with younger players, ends up with a fairly modest net spend of under £70M (and reduces wage bill substantially too with loan deals).

Did people really think it was going to be much different this season? With a squad this paper-thin in midfield and so inexperienced in attack?

I'd agree we should still be better than 9th, and we've definitely dropped a few handy points. The manager has to learn from this.
    But the negativity is a bit overblown. Realistically Top 6 is the best this squad of players could achieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Ole can't win with some supporters. Yesterday he took off martial for tuanezebe and got slated for going defensive while he still had rashford, greenwood, lingard and james on the pitch. If he didn't do that he would have been slated for being naive. Some posters seem to think the squad is capable of top 4, that's laughable. Maybe if there wasn't injuries and if the likes of mata and matic showed any kind of performance. Pereira should only be a squad player at best but look at all the games he has started.

There is always going to be inconsistancy in a team that relies on so many young players, ole's biggest mistake was believing in the likes of matic ,mata, lingard, maguire and lindelof to step up and show leadership to the younger players and they have shrivelled up instead. I'm willing to give him time and hopefully he gets backed in the transfer window because i honestly believe no manager could get much more out of the current squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Ole is first manager post Fergie who hasn't improved the team over the previous manager. Van Gaal was an improvement over Moyes, Mourinho was an improvement over Van Gaal, Ole has been worse than the lot of them.

No patience here whatsoever.

United have gone through the various manager types at this stage. None have worked and some have sucked the club dry of wages and compensation. Leave it to Ole for a few years. He has as good a chance of sorting it as any of his predecessors or indeed any other manager out there.
    No loss giving him plenty time.

Ole has the team performing worse than the managers who came before him. In terms of structures, patterns and play there is no improvement.

The idea that he has as good a chance as anyone else of sorting it is utter rubbish. There is no evidence in his career as a manager to indicate that he is a top level coach or manager. There is no evidence that he would have Liverpool or City playing as they do with the players they have.

The loss of giving him plenty of time is, at the moment, having us in relegation battles. Removing any chance that any player with any ambition would want to play for United. Look at the results and points per game since Paris.

There is zero evidence that Ole has the nous, the acumen or the ability to turn united in to a top side regardless of the players.

If Ole was fired, do you think he'd be on the radar of Arsenal? Do you think Everton or Southampton would go after him? Newcaslte?

xtal191 wrote: »
    Ole is first manager post Fergie who hasn't improved the team over the previous manager. Van Gaal was an improvement over Moyes, Mourinho was an improvement over Van Gaal, Ole has been worse than the lot of them.

How long is Ole in place.....8 months? 2 quarter seasons....
    Zero patience

Ole can't win with some supporters. Yesterday he took off martial for tuanezebe and got slated for going defensive while he still had rashford, greenwood, lingard and james on the pitch. If he didn't do that he would have been slated for being naive. Some posters seem to think the squad is capable of top 4, that's laughable. Maybe if there wasn't injuries and if the likes of mata and matic showed any kind of performance. Pereira should only be a squad player at best but look at all the games he has started.

There is always going to be inconsistancy in a team that relies on so many young players, ole's biggest mistake was believing in the likes of matic ,mata, lingard, maguire and lindelof to step up and show leadership to the younger players and they have shrivelled up instead. I'm willing to give him time and hopefully he gets backed in the transfer window because i honestly believe no manager could get much more out of the current squad
    Bringing on an actual midfielder, Garner, instead of Tuanzebe was the sub that should have been made.

What did we see from Mata or Matic last season that would have us thinking they'd be top performers for us this season? They are players that should have been replaced in the summer too - that he is relying on Pereira is down to the squad decisions he has made. You can't absolve him of the problems their poor performances cause, when their poor performances were predictable.

Ole has the team performing worse than the managers who came before him. In terms of structures, patterns and play there is no improvement.

The idea that he has as good a chance as anyone else of sorting it is utter rubbish. There is no evidence in his career as a manager to indicate that he is a top level coach or manager. There is no evidence that he would have Liverpool or City playing as they do with the players they have.

The loss of giving him plenty of time is, at the moment, having us in relegation battles. Removing any chance that any player with any ambition would want to play for United. Look at the results and points per game since Paris.

There is zero evidence that Ole has the nous, the acumen or the ability to turn united in to a top side regardless of the players.

If Ole was fired, do you think he'd be on the radar of Arsenal? Do you think Everton or Southampton would go after him? Newcaslte?

Ultimately what is wrong with relegation, if as you think that's a possible outcome. Aren't fans here complaining about the owners, directors etc etc, one way of resetting.

Van Gaal and Mourinho had a a tonne of past experience/nous and whatever BS you want to assign them, yet where did that all end?

As for players signing for United,how many big name turkeys have signed for crazy money and crazy wages over the past 7 years.

Christ ye need to listen to yerselves for a while in here.

• Advertisement

How long is Ole in place.....8 months? 2 quarter seasons....
    Zero patience

And what have we seen that indicates he should be given more? We've lost 15 of the last 30 games! on what planet is that acceptable or a sign that we are on the right track.

of the other 15 games we have dran 7 of them.

Our defending is poor.
    Our midfield is poor.
    Our attack is poor.

Why would you continue to back the judgement of a manager that has overseen this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement