Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat vet recommendation ?

• 07-10-2019 9:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭

Was adopted by a nice cat several months ago , just wondering are there any Limerick city or county vets that anyone would recommend ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

It depends where your situated really. I use Adare vets, but the likes of Treaty Vets etc are also very good, were actually a bit spoilt in limerick to have such good vets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

Treaty Vets are losing a lot of clients for a variety of reasons. They misdiagnosed 2 of our cats leaving one dead because they didn't examine him properly and one with a permanent leg injury because they assumed it was an abscess instead of an trauma injury. As someone who was a client there for over a decade I'd never go near them again. Clare Street Vets and Andrea the Vet would get my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

Definitely Clare St vets, get my vote every time.

Cheers,
    sombaht

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

We've brought our guy to Monaleen Vets over the past 3 years, very helpful and they have gotten him out of a couple of sticky situations thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Pretty happy with City Vets for our dog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

City vet or Clare st vet. The cats dont like the car so pick one near you. The howling is hard to take!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

+1 for Donal in City vet we've been going to him for 15 years

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Andrea Stuckenberg in Hospital is second to none imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

blueshade wrote: »
    Treaty Vets are losing a lot of clients for a variety of reasons. They misdiagnosed 2 of our cats leaving one dead because they didn't examine him properly and one with a permanent leg injury because they assumed it was an abscess instead of an trauma injury. As someone who was a client there for over a decade I'd never go near them again. Clare Street Vets and Andrea the Vet would get my vote.

I'm sorry to hear about your cats :(

I go to Treaty myself with my cat so am a bit concerned to hear this.

I find two of the vets there fine, but there's a third that I don't like at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭limktime

Similar experience there recently also. Brought our cat in 6 times over the space of a few months and they misdiagnosed. He was eventually diagnosed when it became obvious in his final few days and we had to get him put to sleep. It was something that should have been obvious to test for and would have been typical for a rescue cat. The outcome wouldn't have been any different for our cat unfortunately but it was awful to watch him get to that point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I used John O'Dwyer but his retired and Clare street vet have taken over his practice, most clients of John speak highly of the new vets in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

I cant say enough good things about hugh at cvc

first class vet who listens and a gentleman to deal with

going to him for 30 years with cats and dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Don't go to Dooradoyle Veterinary Clinic - In my own personal opinion they are horrendously expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

+1 for cityvet here. Been bringing our dogs to Donal for years

Advertisement