Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exit Interview - Tell all or Keep quiet?

Options
13»

Comments

Keyzer wrote: »
    Wrong.

In most cases, these pointless exit interviews are a check box exercise.
    As explained to me in my younger days, HR departments are in place to stop companies from being sued.

Dublin is a small place so giving out yards about your manager or colleagues might come back to haunt you.

How do you know this is in Dublin??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,466 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Wrong.

As explained to me in my younger days, HR departments are in place to stop companies from being sued.

Dublin is a small place so giving out yards about your manager or colleagues might come back to haunt you.

HR departments are there for the benefit of the company. When you join it’s always spun the other way but I’d trust them less than management they are like the bureau of damage limitation...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

Wrong.

Exactly. Have a rant to your friends, have a rant (but never on work email / Skype) to close work colleagues. But never, ever, ever to HR.

And the poster is right: HR exist to administer the employer’s policies, and advise them on the legality of that / correct procedures to follow. They are not, as so many people seem to believe, there to represent the employee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

Strumms wrote: »
    HR departments are there for the benefit of the company

That is completely true, and I do not think that anyone has ever sincerely tried to deny that. One would have to be quite naive to think that companies employ HR folk merely to make sure that the employees are happy.

At the same time, if my team members are happy in their jobs, then the more likely they are to have a sense of ownership of what they are doing, and hence the happier I am going to be.

It is true that HR have the company's point of view as top dollar, but a savy employee can really make that work in their favour and reap the benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭rn

I can see the value in speaking up if you were staying in the company. You'd have a better work environment and probably better work.

But see no benefit in bringing this up now. You won't be there to see out the changes. You'll be ruining it for others. There's every chance you'll be working with them again some time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

How do you know this is in Dublin??

I'm a part-time clairvoyant...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I really let rip in my last job, and I would do it again!

Advertisement