Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in Journalism

Options
  • 07-10-2019 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey folks,

Just wondering does anybody know much about jobs in journalism and what options are out there in relation to a career in journalism and sports journalism in particular? Have been freelancing for three years and looking to make the jump to a full-time career. Preferably print journalism as I love writing. I have just finished a degree in English and History. Do I need to go and do a masters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Not a lot of money in this industry at the moment.

Could you increase the amount of freelancing you're doing so it become equivalent to a full-time job?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

Unless there's the opportunity of a high-profile work experience placement as part of the masters, or the establishment of industry connections, then I don't think it will be of any use to you.

Advertisement