Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 Player Secret Role

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Anyways is the secret a good secret and do we need to find the secret out as well as kill the wolves?

I don't know. I think it's a good secret and we should ignore it for now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'm going to vote soon as it's later here (I'm in Taiwan new players) which kind of sucks as im sure some have not even posted yet but failure to vote could lead to a mod kill so gotta vote

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

How do you know how/when this secret power can be used?

This is a little sus. How do you know sKeith isn't the one with the secret role and let it slip in that post, and now you're highlighting it for the wolves to see? Bad villager!!!

As it happens, sKeith isn't the one with the role. HARD CLAIM.

Is there take backsies in the voting, ie are placeholders allowed, or is it one and only one vote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

quickbeam wrote: »
    Is there take backsies in the voting, ie are placeholders allowed, or is it one and only one vote?
    no takebacksies.

• Advertisement

This is a little sus. How do you know sKeith isn't the one with the secret role and let it slip in that post, and now you're highlighting it for the wolves to see? Bad villager!!!

You outing yourself to protect sK who could be anything makes no sense. Tak about me highlighting it.

I suppose at least I'd be a bad villager not actually bad in your thinking but I was not actually the only person to question that. In fact someone else was slightly faster than me in doing so. Why not quote them?

sKeith wrote: »
    no takebacksies.

Didn't see anything about no backsies but I wouldn't be voting unless you were sure as there is also no mention of being able to vote again

Didn't see anything about no backsies but I wouldn't be voting unless you were sure as there is also no mention of being able to vote again

1. Voting will be conducted on-thread. You must clearly state: VOTE xxxx to cast a valid vote. I won't be too strict on spellings of names here, but make sure it's obvious who you're voting for.
    2. Failure to vote in the lynch phase may result in an instant mod-kill. Votes time stamped past the allocated day-end times will not be accepted. One vote per day phase only is permitted per player.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I'm no clearer after reading
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057997306

So next question, do wolves vote in the lynching and villagers in the munching?

sKeith wrote: »
    1. Voting will be conducted on-thread. You must clearly state: VOTE xxxx to cast a valid vote. I won't be too strict on spellings of names here, but make sure it's obvious who you're voting for.
    2. Failure to vote in the lynch phase may result in an instant mod-kill. Votes time stamped past the allocated day-end times will not be accepted. One vote per day phase only is permitted per player.

I actually did go back and read the OP after the last time you pointed out my ignorance... and still missed it ha, that said i'll be asleep after I vote so won't be re-voting.

• Advertisement

wolves vote in the lynching.

villagers have no say in the munching

We get the results of who voted for who afterwards usually so if wolves didn't vote we would immediately know who they are. Only wolves munch though

You outing yourself to protect sK who could be anything makes no sense. Tak about me highlighting it.

I suppose at least I'd be a bad villager not actually bad in your thinking but I was not actually the only person to question that. In fact someone else was slightly faster than me in doing so. Why not quote them?

Nope. sK isn't the one with the role. He could be a wolf for all I know.

What does hard claim mean,?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Right so sK claims to know that the Power can be used once a night.

That leaves me with 4 scenarios:

1) sK has just outed himself as the RV(which I do not believe)

2) sK is a wolf who just put this out there with the hope that the real RV comes in to correct him (possible)

3) sK is a wolf and has the role(there was no mention of whether the role could be given to a wolf or not) - (possible)

4) sK is either NRV/Wolf and just stirring the pot (probable)

Means I'm not hinting at having the role (that would be a soft claim). I'm outright saying I have the role.

Nope. sK isn't the one with the role. He could be a wolf for all I know.

I worry you may be right. Was perhaps going to vote there but it's so early I wish I didn't have to already vote

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Claiming that a player has a certain role.

If it was a soft claim it would be a bit more cryptic

A hard claim is essentially them coming out and saying “I am ......)

Guys I'm actually out for the evening so need to put a vote in soon. Just so you know when the vote comes and why I'll not be posting.

Means I'm not hinting at having the role (that would be a soft claim). I'm outright saying I have the role.

But you aren't necessarily telling the truth?

• Advertisement

I worry you may be right. Was perhaps going to vote there but it's so early I wish I didn't have to already vote

Well maybe right for defending him I mean. Still find it odd you only highlighted me questioning him though not the person who did so first.

Correct. That's for you to decide.

(But in this case I am)

Keep the questions coming. No stupid questions when you're a learner.

Well maybe right for defending him I mean. Still find it odd you only highlighted me questioning him though not the person who did so first.

I skim read, tbh. Will go back and see who mentioned it first.

Ah, okay, well in that case:
    Clarabel wrote: »
    Do you know that?

In the words of Stone Cold Steve Austin, Don't Trust Anyone. That said people don't usually role claim this early. Defending sK when QB says he could be a wolf is an odd move and a wolf would probably want to stay hidden not make themselves an early talking point

In the words of Stone Cold Steve Austin, Don't Trust Anyone. That said people don't usually role claim this early. Defending sK when QB says he could be a wolf is an odd move and a wolf would probably want to stay hidden not make themselves an early talking point

I like to live dangerously :P

Wolves may think I'm bluffing and keep me alive. We shall see :)

I like to live dangerously :P

Wolves may think I'm bluffing and keep me alive. We shall see :)

I don't know what your role is but if your not bluffing I hope people think you are :pac:

I feel like that sentence ^ could probably sum up a game of WW

Okay, really sorry about this, but I gotta dash so voting for the person with the least amount of posts, except for those who are on zero, who I can't really vote for as they're both new and even if they're wolves, I don't want to see them out after only 3 hours, so...

Vote: Green&Red

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Well this is interesting. Any info about your power QB? Keep in mind Tusk said munch might be earlier than normal.

• Advertisement

Time difference means I have to vote now and the most odd thing this early for me is QB defending sK. I may be a "Bad Villager" for calling out a potential slip and if so im sorry and wrong here but that would also make Clara a villager thinking the same way and therefore less suspect, As an actual role claim I don't want to vote for QB but the person pushing LYLO talk on page 1 being oddly protected by someone I can. Them not being a new player is a bonus too

vote: sKeith

Advertisement