Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 Player Secret Role

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I'll get Backrooms opened to you all soon

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

tusk wrote:
    I'll get Backrooms opened to you all soon

I have a feeling im about to be slated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Cheers for the game Tusk.

For some reason I feel like I had a mu CG better handle on that then any previous games.......despite not picking a single wolf correctly over the 3 days

Hope the human flesh clears up your rabies Baggly

Thanks for the game tusk. Thanks everyone. The smaller games are better for getting a handle on, I think, King.

Thanks all for playing in my first real go at modding, and special thanks to Baggs for jumping in last minute to save the game. Along with Barney who was ready to dive in too at any point.

It was great fun to watch from the outside and try to keep a handle on things - especially not giving too much info away when PM'd haha.

• Advertisement

Baggly wrote: »
    Thanks for the game tusk. Thanks everyone. The smaller games are better for getting a handle on, I think, King.

I felt like I wasn’t lost halfway through D1 which definitely helps. I felt I was at least able to form a read on each of the players

tusk wrote: »
    Thanks all for playing in my first real go at modding, and special thanks to Baggs for jumping in last minute to save the game. Along with Barney who was ready to dive in too at any point.

It was great fun to watch from the outside and try to keep a handle on things - especially not giving too much info away when PM'd haha.

If Barney has come in a the 2nd sub and been a wolf I would’ve been having serious words with him offline....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Enjoyed it enough to not withdraw from SouthPark one, so you have credit for that Tusk

Thanks for the intro to the game and yeah looking forward to my 2nd ever game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Well done Baggly

I wouldn't say slated but I'd be interested to hear whats changed in the last fortnight?

Second thing is angleshooting. So this is very hard to define as, even by the definition i just googled, angleshooting cannot be strictly considered cheating - its just a bit underhanded.

Now as i said in game, ive done this before myself whereby i posted a pic from RL to 'prove' i had stuff on IRL. As i also said, i decided after i did so that while i wasnt breaking any rules, its not a great tactic. Its kind of irrelevant to the game (whether i had stuff on or not doesnt impact my alignment or role) and its the kind of thing that is unfair on newer players, as they may not know its relevant or not.

Green&Red wrote:
    I wouldn't say slated but I'd be interested to hear whats changed in the last fortnight?

The feedback from that discussion. Not one person raised it as being an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Enjoyed it enough to not withdraw from SouthPark one, so you have credit for that Tusk

Good to hear :D

Spook_ie wrote:

Glad to hear spook. I'm sure you will have no bother trusting me next game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Glad to hear spook. I'm sure you will have no bother trusting me next game :pac:

Good job it's anon in SouthPark otherwise ...... :D

Spook_ie wrote:
    Good job it's anon in SouthPark otherwise ......

I have a feeling if anyone claims they are sick they won't get the same leeway I did.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'm a feeling if anyone claims anything it won't be heard with 30+ players vying for their posts to matter.

the actual fear of 30+players.

I have a feeling if anyone claims they are sick they won't get the same leeway I did.

If anyone claims sick they will be getting swiftly quarantined with a trip lined up for Cartman’s homemade chilli as quickly as possible

If I get a gun nec.... Ah **** I can't shoot Necro.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The feedback from that discussion. Not one person raised it as being an issue.

Well I think thats hearing what you want to hear in fairness. The discussion was in bringing in RL to the discussion, you're post went a step further than that.

Guys im sorry ive a sinus infection and my heart just isnt in the game. Im an NRV so my job at this stage is to beg you not to kill me, as i dont think we have lynches to spare. But tbh im too tired and ive too much work to do with this infection to put my usual effort into self pres and defence. I'm just knackered and dont want to drop out because Tusk has already had to sub someone in.

My reading is "look I'm sick, an NRV and too sick to defend myself". I dont think I was alone in that reading.

Fixxxer - Baggly I don't think would using being sick and announcing himself on thread as NVR to hide being a wolf.

QB - I think if Baggly is a wolf and using his sickness (real or fake) to cover then it's poor form tbh. Which is why I'd like a well person such as Barney to take over.

Clara - Baggly - I'm ruling Bags out on poor form if he is the wolf.

After that post you were never a suspect again. There's no good in me thinking something and saying another, to use you're own word it was underhanded IMO. The flip side is it is a game and you were within the rules, so please don't take this post personally, its 100% on game play :)

I'll bring it up on the feedback thread but I think it should be a constant rule from now on that the game is played within the theme of the game and that anything more than "RL - won't be back for XX hours" should carry some punishment

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Congrats Baggly, very surprised our team won after never meeting each other in the backroom and me being killed off first.... umm can I be good next game ? Pretty please

Good stuff on your first game Tusk, very enjoyable even if I've never had a shorter game.

On the sick thing, I think this could be a good thing in some ways. A player should be able to mention RL stuff imo if it's done to explain why they aren't as active as others think they should be but others don't have to believe them and whether you do or not something like being sick or busy should not affect whether someone is a wolf or not. Wolves can be sick too

• Advertisement

umm can I be good next game ? Pretty please

This was me around 3 months ago! Even when fate had me bad, I still made myself good (Two-Face) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Good stuff on your first game Tusk, very enjoyable even if I've never had a shorter game.
    Wolves can be sick too

Yes wolves are people too:pac::pac::pac:

Green&Red wrote:
    I'll bring it up on the feedback thread but I think it should be a constant rule from now on that the game is played within the theme of the game and that anything more than "RL - won't be back for XX hours" should carry some punishment

My sickness has nothing got to do with anything though.

People were rightly suspect of me but seemed to let it go.

I even tried to tell them not to let it influence them.

I honestly don't see how you can legislate for anglesgooting stuff like this.

What is acceptable? What isn't?

At the end of the day my job as a wolf is to lie and survive within the rules. If you have a broad rule around angleshooting or meta (which we used to have) it ends up being useless because how can you enforce it.

Nothing personal taken gnr. I wasn't outside the rules but I understand how people got upset i got away with it via the sympathy card.

khalessi wrote: »

Yes wolves are people too:pac::pac::pac:

How would you know? You're always good! ;)

quickbeam wrote: »
    How would you know? You're always good! ;)

Now youre getting it :D

quickbeam wrote: »
    This was me around 3 months ago! Even when fate had me bad, I still made myself good (Two-Face) :)

At this stage I think my standard general play is now considered wolfy just cos I've been a wolf so much recently. Probably no difference in my style of play from my first several games when I kept drawing NRV but now the way I play reminds people of how X wolf played in a recent game.

Ahh Two-Face :D makes me want to write another game (In which I could make myself not be a wolf) :pac:

How long do the games take to prepare?

khalessi wrote:

Depends on the game. Anywhere between a couple of days to a couple of months.

khalessi wrote: »

Probably varies wildly. I only prepped one but it had a lot more flavor than most so probably would have taken longer than most. Number of players obviously can change things too.

I'd hope a smaller number more Vanilla game like this didn't take Tusk as long as my Batman game anyway

• Advertisement

Impressive!

Advertisement