Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pint of guiness in City

Options
  • 07-10-2019 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Yes I know, its a jackeen pint etc.... but im visiting cork and i always try and mak time to source what they locals of a county view as the best place for a pint of Guinness. Can any recommend where in the city I can sit down and have a decent pint of plain. *Must not be served in those rugby type glasses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I have enjoyed a pint of Guinness (or two) in Dan Lowrey's, MacCurtain St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

The Hi-B on Oliver Plunkett St - Tom Barry's on Barrack St.............

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

*Must not be served in those rugby type glasses
    Some jackeens could'nt put that more eloquently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Brú have pretty good Guinness as it's always full of tourists spending the night there.

The Murphys in there is shocking (metallic/acidic) for the above reason, as nobody is buying it.

Guinness is the tourists drink, I'd imagine the tourist traps like the Old Oak and Oliver Plunkett would have a pretty decent pint of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Few spots that are reliable

Mutton lane
    Sin e
    Corner House
    Laurel bar
    Hi b
    Tom barrys
    Shelbourne is ok
    Costigans
    Fionn baras

I personally prefer any of mutton lane, sin e or corner house

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Best pint of Guinness in the city has to be in the welcome inn I must say

HiB, welcome inn and costigans would be three if the most realiable for a good pint in the city center.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

On a wet and rainy afternoon take yourself into the corner house.
    Fire on , they have photocopied the daily crosswords and have them on the bar.
    Sit next to the fire with a nice pint and while away a few hours pondering 4 across and let the world slip away.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

Would a better question be where is the bad pint of Guinness to be had?
    Tastes the same in every bar mentioned above and plenty more besides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Italix wrote: »
    Would a better question be where is the bad pint of Guinness to be had?
    Tastes the same in every bar mentioned above and plenty more besides.

The Kiln? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Brú have pretty good Guinness as it's always full of tourists spending the night there.

The Murphys in there is shocking (metallic/acidic) for the above reason, as nobody is buying it.

Guinness is the tourists drink, I'd imagine the tourist traps like the Old Oak and Oliver Plunkett would have a pretty decent pint of it.

Yeah I hardly ever drink Beamish outside of Cork because of this.

There's really not many degrees of skill involved in pulling a pint like, you can either do it properly, or you can't.

You want a place with a nice pint of Guinness just go to the places where the most people are drinking Guinness so the kegs are changed frequently and the pipes have plenty flowing through, anything else is codology.

Advertisement