Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish thinking of joining the PSNI

• 07-10-2019 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

I'm looking at joining the PSNI, I've also applied for AGS but there's no guarantee with either so I'm keeping my options open.

I'm from the West of Ireland.

I mentioned it to my father who is completely against the idea, he has no issue at all with me joining AGS but PSNI is a no go for him, he says it's far more dangerous.
    I'm 22, but I do still respect his opinion..

I know policing is always going to have its dangers, but is the PSNI that dangerous?
    Would it be worse for a catholic (Non-/never practicing)?

I just think it could be a very interesting career.
    I want to work in the Detective, Armed, Undercover side of things so I'd imagine there's a lot of possibility for me in the PSNI.

I'd possibly be looking at moving to mainland England later down the line - London Met or something.

I don't know how Brexit will affect all of this.
    I've an Irish and UK passport, so that might help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭horsebox1977

I wouldn't encourage anyone to be joining the RUC.

If you do however take it, do us a favour, and take down those para-shoot regiment and soldier F flags.

Advertisement