Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone for drive way

Options
  • 07-10-2019 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get stones for my drive way in Galway think it’s called 804 I see them on all the new builds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Have a look for a local quarry. That 804 stuff should be very cheap. Few euro a tonne. Don't buy it off the lads who bag it and sell it for way more. Go direct to the quarry

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Blues14 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get stones for my drive way in Galway think it’s called 804 I see them on all the new builds.

Depends on how much you need.

A quarry like Roadstone sell it but if you need 10% of a load or a full load, they'll charge you for a full load.

If you need less than a full load try a local haulage company (google names). Could save you money but it all depends on your quantities.

The name is Clause 804. You might want to query if the 804 needs to be SR21 Certified (certified stone, basically it's tested and approved so it's not completely ****e) required for road build ups. It definitely required for under buildings but I'm not sure about roads.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

lemonkey wrote: »
    The name is Clause 804. You might want to query if the 804 needs to be SR21 Certified (certified stone, basically it's tested and approved so it's not completely ****e) required for road build ups. It definitely required for under buildings but I'm not sure about roads.

Also a requirement under ground bearing slabs and within 1m of a dwelling/structure. IS888 Annex E / SR21.

Advertisement