Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cider in wine bottles

Options
  • 07-10-2019 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

Howdy.

I've a batch of cider started. Should be nice for Christmas, mulled.

I'm wondering can I bottle and cork it like wine? I have corks and a corker.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Howdy.

I've a batch of cider started. Should be nice for Christmas, mulled.

I'm wondering can I bottle and cork it like wine? I have corks and a corker.

Thanks in advance

If you plan to carbonate it then no, not built for pressure. You can use champagne bottles instead.

If you don’t plan to carbonate it then work away.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭anacc

You’ll need to cork it like champagne or Prosecco or else the corks would pop i would think. French cider is generally bottled in 750ml with a champagne type cork and a wired cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

I should have also said it won't be carbonated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Yeah, it'll be grand in wine bottle so. I've always just saved up bottles and I already have a bottle capper.
    I've put stuff in fortified wine bottles (champagne etc.) at times if I wanted a bigger bottle and I was carbonating it. You can still use regular corks but do need to wire them and also keep an eye on them.

Advertisement