Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving a job before finding another

Options
  • 07-10-2019 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in my current job about 6 months. I was never a fan of it from day 1. Nonetheless, I don't like leaving a job until I've got somewhere else to go to first.

Anyway, recently they've introduced night shifts and I'm really struggling to cope with the odd hours. I have some money saved up so I'm not so worried about going without a paycheck for a few weeks. My worry is how would leaving a job without having another job offer look to future employers?

I assume most employers will probably want to know why you left your most recent job, and also want a reference from that same company. I think the company are happy enough with me, but not sure I'd get the best reference from them if I told them I'm leaving because the new shift doesn't suit me.

Advertisement