Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir FTTH and trees in a derelict site

• 08-10-2019 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I was supposed to get FTTH installed today through Vodafone. The engineers said they could not do the installation because our phone line is going through a bunch of trees. They said they would ask Eir if they will cut them but if not we would need to look at spending about 1K and getting a tree surgeon. I've a feeling Eir have already blamed our slow internet on these trees, so I'm not feeling confident they will suddenly want to cut them.

The problem is the trees belong to a derelict house at the front of our cul de sac. The house has been abandoned for over a decade and so the trees are about 40ft - 50ft high (my guesstimate) and are already a pretty big damage risk if they collapse (which would tank my internet even more :rolleyes:). I reported the house to the council in the past but nothing was ever done.

Is there any chance Eir would touch the trees? Can I pay someone to cut trees that aren't on my land? Or is there another installation option that I can consider?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cathal9

Bit of a tricky one there. Have you any idea who owns the house? The rules around cutting trees are you can cut anything hanging into your land, but you couldn't "trespass" and cut the whole tree down. Not sure if that helps unfortunately.

In terms of other routes I've seen other people on here go the underground route, but depends how far the pole is from your house and if there's a route you could run the ducting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The only other installation option is by duct and you can only do that if your own property extends as far as a nearby telephone pole. You would have to pay to have the duct installed.
    I doubt Eir will want anything to do with it since it's on private land. Legally you can't remove tree's from someones land without permission. There must be some way to find out who owns the property.

Advertisement