Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice, please

Options
  • 08-10-2019 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going on 10 years working in sales, for the most part its been pretty good to me but over the last 18 months things have really gone pear shaped.

I started in my current role, in IT sales, 3 years ago. The job started out very good, got great feedback from my then manager, but over the last 18 months I have not hit my target once, specifically I've missed it 3 times. I have been on a performance improvement plan for 12 months and only 4 weeks ago got a verbal warning due to my performance. I'm stumped as to what do, I've been following the weekly/monthly metrics set out in the PIP, but I am certain I am looking down the barrel of another target miss and progressing on to a written warning. This has been getting me down, affecting my confidence and lately I just don't want to go into work anymore.

I'm not sure what do to next, naturally I have started looking around but I think if go for another sales job I will just eventually end up in the same position as I am in now.

Does anybody have any advice they can offer in terms of other jobs out there that may have transferrable skills from IT sales / account management?

Would really appreciate any advice, thanks.

Advertisement