Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

War of the Worlds - Fox and Studio Canal

Comments

Really looking forward to this.
    Very under rated series

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Really looking forward to this.
    Very under rated series

Watching season two, two episodes in so don't want to ruin it for anyone still on season 1
    Took a bit of a twist with the aliens being human or at least almost human. Can find little on it online.

Have to suspend a little bit of disbelief such as the aliens having such amazing tech - quantum travel but are using guns as weapons! My theory is that the are from the future and have travelled back in time to stop humans messing up the earth in the first place.

Mimon wrote: »
    Watching season two, two episodes in so don't want to ruin it for anyone still on season 1
    Took a bit of a twist with the aliens being human or at least almost human. Can find little on it online.

Have to suspend a little bit of disbelief such as the aliens having such amazing tech - quantum travel but are using guns as weapons! My theory is that the are from the future and have travelled back in time to stop humans messing up the earth in the first place.

Not sure how I feel about them being humans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I just started watching this. Three episodes in and really enjoying it. With one exception. It’s driving me nuts that so many characters are taking long journeys by foot and not one single person so far has remembered that bicycles exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

I can't seem to play war of the worlds is there an easy fix it won't give me option?

Never mind someone changed the content rating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

That’s brilliant!!!
    Maybe the aliens are using them.
    BTW You’re so right but despite that it’s a brilliant series and I’m looking forward to Season 2.

iguana wrote: »
    I just started watching this. Three episodes in and really enjoying it. With one exception. It’s driving me nuts that so many characters are taking long journeys by foot and not one single person so far has remembered that bicycles exist.

I'm on episode 5. A character on a long journey literally walks by an abandoned bicycle (and even a helmet). Character suddenly realises they really need to get somewhere very fast. Character runs.

I feel like I'm actually being trolled!:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Probably because there are very few ways to shoot a dramatic, purposeful scene when the characters are peddling furiously on bicycles. It's not the most elegant of modes of transport :pac:

pixelburp wrote: »
    Probably because there are very few ways to shoot a dramatic, purposeful scene when the characters are peddling furiously on bicycles. It's not the most elegant of modes of transport :pac:

Obviously The BMX Bandits was not an important part of your childhood! :D

Obviously no one is cycling because the aliens took Strava down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Bikes makes noise. Robodogs shoot noise.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭draoicht

Season 1 now on Disney+ Star.

Season 2 due to start June 6th.

No sign of season 2 yet, any updates on this would be great, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭setanta1000

We just started watching this and I came on here to post this exact comment!

I mean there must be loads of brilliant bikes just lying around and the French aren't shy of la bicyclette either.

But other than the dearth of velocipedists this is a brilliant series - have made it to episode four so far and looking forward to the rest. There are some dark families in this, all with secrets!

Mimon wrote: »

Having watched the first two episodes of S2 I don't so much feel like this is a theory as what we are almost explicitly being told, only the humans in the show haven't figured it out yet.
    I feel like they are caught in a time loop, doing the same thing over and over again. The humans from the future attacking and setting in motion the circumstances that lead to their illness again and again. I'm getting major de ja vu of a certain 3 season German Netflix show. (Ironically, as in that show de ja vu was actually a recurring theme.)

French lad is a right little bo11ix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

French lad is a right little bo11ix

He's a lot worse than that, he's definitely worth all the Anglo-Saxon expletives known to mankind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Having watched the first two episodes of S2 I don't so much feel like this is a theory as what we are almost explicitly being told, only the humans in the show haven't figured it out yet.
    I feel like they are caught in a time loop, doing the same thing over and over again. The humans from the future attacking and setting in motion the circumstances that lead to their illness again and again. I'm getting major de ja vu of a certain 3 season German Netflix show. (Ironically, as in that show de ja vu was actually a recurring theme.)

They're a strange bunch if they're time-travellers, because they don't seem to give a toss about the butterfly effect, and, with the help of the robo-dogs, are killing pretty much anyone with a pulse, and with zero conscience..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

ejmaztec wrote: »
    They're a strange bunch if they're time-travellers, because they don't seem to give a toss about the butterfly effect, and, with the help of the robo-dogs, are killing pretty much anyone with a pulse, and with zero conscience..

I suspect it's an alternate universe - they said they got here immediately...
    Something we were doing here was obviously affecting them there

ejmaztec wrote: »
    They aren't killing indiscriminately though. The robodogs were specifically programmed not to kill Emily and Sacha. Sacha was in the open air during the EMP that killed almost everyone but survived because the invaders wanted him to and created their genocide pulse in a way that would spare him. Undoubtedly to ensure the existence of the invading race, who are all descended from Emily and Sacha's baby and the babies stolen from the hospital. Because there is also a theme of incest within the show. Sacha being the product of his uncle/father raping his mother. And part of the invaders' health problems stem from the fact that they come from an extremely shallow gene pool, which already had numerous health issues with Emily's blindness and Sacha's muscular dystrophy, and not just the virus that Bill creates. I'm assuming that we will find out who Emily's biological father is at some point and I wouldn't be at all surprised to discover an element of incest there either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Is S2 anywhere other than Disney?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Mr.S wrote: »
    Not in Ireland.

It's airing weekly on Canal+ in France before it hits Disney+ is July here.
    I believe that all of S2 has already aired in France.

In the US it's up to E4 of S2 as of Friday.

I believe that all of S2 has already aired in France.

In the US it's up to E4 of S2 as of Friday.

Ep 5 is "online" anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A good ending that ties everything up nicely really even if there are paradox's everywhere.

Just wish Bill
    had killed Sacha instead of Emily. But I'm guessing the reason for that is Daisy Edgar Jones won't be back for a season 3 if there is one.

Aye, tidied up nicely.
    An enjoyable series, liked the lack of cheese. Not shiny and glitzy.

No subtitles on my link, so missed a lot of the French between them. Presume I didn't miss much.

That littke French bo11ix though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

I loved this but still no idea how they got into the time loop in the first place
    There are always glitches like this in time travel series/movies
    Very enjoyable and dark nonetheless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 2 has started on Disney Star here it looks like they are showing it weekly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Firblog

Enjoyed season 1 much more than season 2, think I was thrown off by the amount of time that had passed in the story.

Think there were a couple of glaring holes in the tale, would have preferred a different ending, think that one was a bit meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Got round to finishing season 2. I quite liked the direction they took things and the explanation given for everything. I am confused about the time paradox issues and would have liked more of an explanation. Hearing that there will be a new season concerns me as I thought it wrapped up pretty well here for an overall ending and going too far down the time travel route can tend to make things messy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I missed they were doing a season 3 - hmmm, like you thought the story was wrapped up unless there is some cyclical time paradox where they go the way of creating the future

• Advertisement

A third series? Hopefully it's something that was always planned and a natural part of the story somehow rather than a plot slapped onto the end of what was a self-contained story. That said, I wasn't a huge fan of the time-paradox turn the story took. It was pretty obvious right away from the beginning of season 2 and I had been hoping it was a red herring because I wasn't keen on the idea. Though I felt that it explained why the writers weren't pulling any punches with the children constantly being killed. While it's realistic that children aren't going to survive the killer robot dog things, it's unusual for a tv show to be so consistently brutal about it. Though it's easier when your ending means it never happened.

Advertisement