Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do BOI pay commission to all brokers i.e. whether or not registered as intermediaries

• 09-10-2019 7:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm considering working through an adviser who is registered as an insurance intermediary but not as a mortgage intermediary- I'm trying to establish whether BOI would pay 1% commission to her on drawdown (should we get that far !). Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ask them. They are obliged to disclose it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Dominic D wrote: »
    I'm considering working through an adviser who is registered as an insurance intermediary but not as a mortgage intermediary- I'm trying to establish whether BOI would pay 1% commission to her on drawdown (should we get that far !). Thank you

They have make their living somehow, so if you are not paying them a fee then it's a fair assumption they are getting in some other way...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Jim2007 wrote: »
    They have make their living somehow, so if you are not paying them a fee then it's a fair assumption they are getting in some other way...

What other way?

To get commission from a lender an intermediary has to be registered and regulated as a mortgage intermediary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

You have to be registered with the Central Bank as a Mortgage Broker to get commission paid and Bank of Ireland has only recently returned to paying commission to Brokers and as far as I'm aware and open to correction they haven't appointed many brokers so far.

You can check the person's status on the Central Bank website to establish if they are a mortgage Intermediary and their terms of business will also confirm same.

Advertisement