Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iCloud

• 09-10-2019 7:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

My iPhone is nearly out of storage so I upgraded my cloud to 50gb and I have a question. Is there a way of deleting photo from phone but not the cloud?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

My iPhone is nearly out of storage so I upgraded my cloud to 50gb and I have a question. Is there a way of deleting photo from phone but not the cloud?
    Many thanks

You could reset the phone and this would remove the photos when you set it back up again.
    There’s also an option to only store lower quality photos on the phone itself.
    Don’t delete from the phone as this will delete the photos on iCloud as well as it’s all kept in sync.

Actually here’s an easier way. Option 1.
    Afterwards you can re-enable it until you need to do it again.

https://www.gihosoft.com/iphone-tips/delete-photos-from-iphone-but-not-icloud.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Grootbaas

that is exactly what I did and deleted my complete photo library - longer than 30 days ago. Gone for ever...I believe.:mad:

Advertisement