Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting spare key (without master key) - Cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

zubair wrote: »
    That's great to hear, so have we also poo poo'd the idea that black Yamaha keys can't be cloned?

Correct, the black key was all I had for a 07 Fz6 and they were able to copy the chip and replicate as many clones of it as needed. If you wanted to add a new different chip ID to the ECU (eg to replace lost keys) you would need the red master key or a reprogramming of the ECU but where a black key is available, the cloned key works perfectly and you could in theory have as many "spare" keys which are copies of the original as you like.

Can't say if newer bikes might have more sophisticated ECUs/transponder chips for which this wouldn't work but I'm happy and that's all that matters! ;);)

Slight thread hijack but can ducati keys be cloned? My multistrada only came with one key fob and I have no idea what the pin code is if that goes missing or breaks. I'm paranoid in case I lose the key!

Slight thread hijack but can ducati keys be cloned? My multistrada only came with one key fob and I have no idea what the pin code is if that goes missing or breaks. I'm paranoid in case I lose the key!

I'd strongly recommend looking into getting a spare then or even keeping the original in a safe place and using the clone for day to day. Give LockDoctor a call (https://lockdoctor.ie/locations/) and put it to them. Autokey might also be able to do it but you need to bring the bike to them in Dublin. Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

zubair wrote: »
    That's great to hear, so have we also poo poo'd the idea that black Yamaha Any keys can't be cloned?

Indeed. You can substitute anything for Yamaha in the above.

2, 3, 4 or 10 wheels, doesn't matter.

There's always a guy on a laptop, somewhere, cracking this stuff.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    Indeed. You can substitute anything for Yamaha in the above.

2, 3, 4 or 10 wheels, doesn't matter.

There's always a guy on a laptop, somewhere, cracking this stuff.

Too right, the yoke the chap from LockDoctor used was like a handheld barcode scanner that he put the key in the tray and read the code within a few seconds. Kinda scary if it fell into the wrong hands really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement