Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking 365 laptop log-in problem.

Options
  • 09-10-2019 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

I'm going slowly crazy here, trying to log in to my Bank of Ireland account on my laptop. It was fine yesterday morning, but in the evening the site repeatedly told me my log-in details were incorrect, eventually blocking my account. Twice I've been in touch with the bank, twice I've reset my password, and twice they've told me everything is fine at their end. I can log in on my Android app, also on my tablet....but not the laptop.
    I've re-started it twice, run a security check, run the cleaner, but it's still telling me my log-in details are incorrect.
    Any ideas as to the cause of this problem would be appreciated.
    If it's a possible clue, during the afternoon the laptop did an automatic check on one of the discs, not sure why as I'm (obviously) not a tekkie.... could that be connected in some way?
    Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

When you set a a new password did you do it on the laptop? ( just to rule out one of your keys malfunctioning)

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

mordeith wrote: »
    When you set a a new password did you do it on the laptop? ( just to rule out one of your keys malfunctioning)

No, reset the password (six numbers) on the landline handset during my phone calls to BOI.
    I've also typed all the numbers on a dummy email, all working fine....

tony glenn wrote: »
    No, reset the password (six numbers) on the landline handset during my phone calls to BOI.
    I've also typed all the numbers on a dummy email, all working fine....

You could try clearing the cache, cookies etc. to see if that helps.

You could try clearing the cache, cookies etc. to see if that helps.

Er.....how do I do that? Windows 7 btw.

tony glenn wrote: »
    Er.....how do I do that? Windows 7 btw.

What browser are you using?

• Advertisement

What browser are you using?

Firefox, and thanks for the continued help!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I have this on FireFox. Try Chrome, works ok for me.

10-10-20 wrote: »
    I have this on FireFox. Try Chrome, works ok for me.

Ha! I just tried Chrome on the off-chance, it worked! Then back to Firefox, it didn't work.
    So problem solved in a way... thanks.
    PS Chrome seems faster, is it regarded as a better default browser than Firefox?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Cookies and/or cache have nothing to do with your problem. Every time you login to BoI you have to type three randomly selected digits from your six-digit PIN, it's manual login and the browser doesn't supply any of the data. I've used Firefox to login to BoI/365 for as long as I can remember, I'm also on Windows 7 on a laptop and never had an issue.

coylemj wrote: »
    Cookies and/or cache have nothing to do with your problem. Every time you login to BoI you have to type three randomly selected digits from your six-digit PIN, it's manual login and the browser doesn't supply any of the data. I've used Firefox to login to BoI/365 for as long as I can remember, I'm also on Windows 7 on a laptop and never had an issue.
    Thanks, all I know is that suddenly I can't log-in on Firefox (after about ten years!) but I can on Chrome...

• Advertisement
Advertisement