Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COUGHLINS BAR

Options
  • 09-10-2019 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I am going to a gig in Coughlins bar on a Saturday evening in November. Gig 730pm. Not from cork. Anyone recommend restaurant nearby ( walking distance) to get nice meal before?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

yogalady wrote: »
    Hi there

I am going to a gig in Coughlins bar on a Saturday evening in November. Gig 730pm. Not from cork. Anyone recommend restaurant nearby ( walking distance) to get nice meal before?

Many thanks

Anywhere in city centre is really walking distance, I'd nearly recommend the earlybird in 14A if that's still going. That'll be a 15 minute walk away then.

Iberian Way for tapas if that suits, it's on same street as Coughlans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

The choice of restaurants near there wouldn’t be huge. I have heard good things about Iberian Way. Paddy The Farmers is very near. It’s a bar that does food. I’ve never been so don’t know what it’s like.

Just on the other side of the river are Electric and Jacobs on the Mall. About 10 minutes walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Iberian way is lovely for Tapas - prob need to book . Could venture to Barrack st and try out this place ( 10/15minwalk ) - hearing good things on the food there

www.pigallebarandkitchen.com

turners cross tavern wouldnt be a huge walk either

• Registered Users Posts: 18 teamcyclist

You cannot go wrong with Iberian Way beforehand on a number of counts. It's the closest to Coughlans and the food is great. It's on the same street only two minutes walk. You do need to book though.
    There's a new Palestinian restaurant nearby also (on Georges Quay) which is very goo. It's called Izz Café and is getting rave reviews.
    While on Douglas Street pop into Fionbarra to check out their selection of craft and European beers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Bookshelf at the Elysian is an option too,

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrpdap

yogalady wrote: »
    Hi there

Many thanks
    You’ve the city on your doorstep, 15 mins walk max or just 2 (literally) to Iberian Way. Would also highly recommend Orso, Jacques and Da Mirco (slightly longer walk). They will all do something earlyish to let you get to Coughlan’s in time.
    Electric is over rated. Coughlan’s is a great spot.

Advertisement