Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

How did Currys manage to make that mess up

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

Same here

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Well that's that. How long will it take for the refund? 14 days? Absolute shambles.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Jesus, that's bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wow, lads. Sorry to hear that.

Shocking from Currys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

same here, ffs apologies for those who ordered on Currys, it was me who gave the heads up and did not expect that at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

m8051 wrote: »
    same here, ffs apologies for those who ordered on Currys, it was me who gave the heads up and did not expect that at all :(

Not your fault, it looked fine if a little unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

V9 wrote: »
    Same. Jesus Christ.

Woah seriously? Sorry all to hear that....

Mind if I ask when you pre-ordered?

I ordered the day after pre-orders went live, about 3 o’clock in the day, was so shocked that they were still available.
    Really hoping you ordered after that time, if not that’s really unfair and bad form to tell you so close to launch.

Did they give you any explanation?

Edit: I got my receipt today, they must have been going through the orders and working out what they had available..?! Really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Also had my order cancelled, oh well

Woah seriously? Sorry all to hear that....

Mind if I ask when you pre-ordered?

I ordered the day after pre-orders went live, about 3 o’clock in the day, was so shocked that they were still available.
    Really hoping you ordered after that time, if not that’s really unfair and bad form to tell you so close to launch.

Did they give you any explanation?

Put the order in around half 3 today. Cancelled for being out of stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

Cancelled here as well...fek it...only 2 mins after I told the son...FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jefferson73

Curry's just sent me a ereceipt for purchase.
    So suspect thats positive.
    Still will not beleive it until the console is in my hand November 10th

Curry's just sent me a ereceipt for purchase.
    So suspect thats positive.
    Still will not beleive it until the console is in my hand November 10th

I got the receipt as well. Don't hold your breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Jesus lads, thats seriously bad form from Currys. Sorry you've all been caught up in this. Really hope its not 14 days before they refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Really hope Microsoft takes payment from my account tomorrow, kinda worried at this stage.
    I ordered at 8:20am on the date pre orderes went live

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Morckk

Got the cancellation email here too. Gah.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Lot of series S available on Game.co.uk, I just cancelled my pre order for one after reading the reviews after the embargo lifted, should be a number of people in the same boat if anyone is looking to pick one up

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

V9 wrote: »
    Well that's that. How long will it take for the refund? 14 days? Absolute shambles.

Hope it takes less than that although I would not be surprise that takes at least 7-10 working days :( what a mess Currys, lesson learnt and they are now out of my list for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Just got an email from GameStop telling me I'm not in the launch allocation and offering me a refund for my deposit. Seems to be a mass email.

Suits me to get a refund to be honest but it's a pretty poor situation, especially when I ordered minutes after the orders went live.

I got an email from them last night saying they have mine allocated because my local GameStop is closed and they gave me a giftcard totalling what I had paid off already and then charged me the remaining balance.

I got an email a few hours later saying I wasn't in the launch allocation.

I think there might be a mistake.

I log into my GameStop account and it shows 2 separate Xbox series X orders now. The first being my pre-order from 8am, Sep 22nd and the other from today. There may be a slight chance that its treating these recent purchases (existing pre-orders) like new pre-orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Anyone preordered here from Smyths in shop?I only got text 2 weeks ago that I will get another text when xbox will be ready to collect so wondering did anyone got any follow up text yet or any other info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

At 16:14 today curry's emailed me a recipt for the xbox series x. I ordered it on the day it became available a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The pre orders for this have been fairly messy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

gibgodsman wrote: »
    Really hope Microsoft takes payment from my account tomorrow, kinda worried at this stage.
    I ordered at 8:20am on the date pre orderes went live

I ordered similar time from MS and still no payment taken

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Re the Xbox Series S. Apologies, and this has probably been answered multiple times. I believe new titles are only playable off the installed storage, or their 1tb specific SSD add on, but will all the backward compatible stuff be playable off of any external SSD?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Re the Xbox Series S. Apologies, and this has probably been answered multiple times. I believe new titles are only playable off the installed storage, or their 1tb specific SSD add on, but will all the backward compatible stuff be playable off of any external SSD?

Xbox One and backwards compatible games are playable from external usb storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Do what I do currently. I store the games on external hard drive and transfer them to internal when I want to play them. So you have 5 or 6 games you are currently playing on internal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Order button came up on Irish MS store but it told me I already exceeded my quota. I didn’t get one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

EdK wrote: »
    Order button came up on Irish MS store but it told me I already exceeded my quota. I didn’t get one :(
    That what happen me when I pre-order on 22 September took me 12 mins or longer before I could pre-order it keep crash and getting that error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

PsychoPete wrote: »
    The pre orders for this have been fairly messy

All depends on who you ordered from. Some lessons coming through for sure on who to trust in future for both Xbox and PS preorders (or anything similar in this day and age).

Advertisement