Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

Because all 1st party games are going to be playable on one x for the near future and as I have gamepass so I will get them all automatically day 1 so no need for series x ( i'm willing to take the SSD and Graphics hit here as one x is already looks pretty sweet)

So that means I can buy a PS5 and have the ability to play their first party games, 3rd party games I will also get on PS5 until I eventually buy the series x.

So exactly what I was saying that could all change if MS kill their July presser and make buying series x essential on day one.

Ok I get you. Key point here is you'll keep your game pass sub. Mission accomplished for Microsoft. They have openly said they are not looking for hardware sales. This will become more apparent as the next gen progresses towards cloud gaming and the likes of an xbox app on your TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Ok I get you. Key point here is you'll keep your game pass sub. Mission accomplished for Microsoft. They have openly said they are not looking for hardware sales. This will become more apparent as the next gen progresses towards cloud gaming and the likes of an xbox app on your TV.

Plus with crossplay becoming a bigger part of the industry its vital MS hit it out of the park with their MS game studios 1st party reveals in July.

Example my main multiplayer gaming is with Apex Legends, my squad all play on xbox, from the end of the year Apex goes crossplay so I no longer need to stay on xbox just because my friends and this will become more and more common place.

But lets be honest I will probably get PS5 at Christmas and swing a series x for my birthday in January anyways :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Plus with crossplay becoming a bigger part of the industry its vital MS hit it out of the park with their MS game studios 1st party reveals in July.

Example my main multiplayer gaming is with Apex Legends, my squad all play on xbox, from the end of the year Apex goes crossplay so I no longer need to stay on xbox just because my friends and this will become more and more common place.

But lets be honest I will probably get PS5 at Christmas and swing a series x for my birthday in January anyways :-)
    Im picking up both at launch not buying any games for xbox series x because of Gamepass great value.The ps5 spiderman miles just hope it not a full price game since it smaller than spiderman.Im hoping Demon soul out at launch but doubt it will :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Will the next 'console' be the size of a firestick and use cloud?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

On the discussion around where to buy the console, I already have like 50k rewards points saved up and Microsoft usually have a discount on their online store so will be going with that. Should have 75 euro off come launch.

As for the Series X vs PS5, I was just thinking about this today. Sony don't seem to have a lot of exclusive PS5 games for launch. If Xbox even have 5 titles at launch, all on Game Pass, that is a huge sucker punch to the PS5. People can basically play next gen games at launch for free with the 30 day trial. That could be a real advantage unless Sony massively undercut the price (which I don't see happening, especially if the Series S is real).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

erkifino wrote: »
    Will the next 'console' be the size of a firestick and use cloud?

judging by the size of the ps5, id say the next one will be the size of a fitted kitchen and will use diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I already have like 50k rewards points saved up...

Will my 15k points get me any saving? :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Will my 15k points get me any saving? :)
    If you have Game Pass you could easily rack up another 9-18k by November. Then trade them in for a 25 euro giftcard, it's around 23k for one. Then grab one or two more 5 euro giftcard.

If you have Game Pass you could easily rack up another 9-18k by November. Then trade them in for a 25 euro giftcard, it's around 23k for one. Then grab one or two more 5 euro giftcard.

I seem to only see €5 or €10 store cards on my redemption page.
    Maybe because I don't have enough for the €25 one!
    We'd be thinking of pre-ordering soon enough though, once they go live, right?
    I wonder is payment taken at that time or at shipping? And can you add more cards to your wallet, if you get them in the mean-time? :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I seem to only see €5 or €10 store cards on my redemption page.
    Maybe because I don't have enough for the €25 one!
    We'd be thinking of pre-ordering soon enough though, once they go live, right?
    I wonder is payment taken at that time or at shipping? And can you add more cards to your wallet, if you get them in the mean-time? :)
    Yeah, you have to get to it. I'm not fully sure about consoles. I know that games pre-ordered on the store only take money 10 days before they are released. So it might be the same then. The cards only last for 90 days unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Yeah, you have to get to it. I'm not fully sure about consoles. I know that games pre-ordered on the store only take money 10 days before they are released. So it might be the same then. The cards only last for 90 days unfortunately.

Ah, we'll figure it out!
    Thanks for the heads up about the cards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

recyclops wrote: »

Must be something in it, they just announced a Summer Games Demo Fest for the 21st to the 28th of July.

See here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

• Registered Users Posts: 28,102 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mr.S wrote: »
    I thought they are meant to be partnering with Facebook after killing Mixer, seems odd to use YouTube Gaming as the live-stream partner!?

Facebook logo is there as well. So maybe streaming on all three?

Mr.S wrote: »
    I thought they are meant to be partnering with Facebook after killing Mixer, seems odd to use YouTube Gaming as the live-stream partner!?

Hopefully we get the details on facebook integration. Deep facebook integration has me worried. If there was ever a reason NOT to get the series X this is a big one for me. Its absolutely out of the question for me unless facebook is optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Hopefully we get the details on facebook integration. Deep facebook integration has me worried. If there was ever a reason NOT to get the series X this is a big one for me. Its absolutely out of the question for me unless facebook is optional.
    I watch it on youtube not fan of facebook cant wait to see Halo infinite :).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I have slow internet and can watch YouTube videos fine at 720p but Facebook videos are always really slow for me. And it has always been that way. So I'm glad it's not just on Facebook or I wouldn't be able to watch it.

From what i can see in my dash at the moment, Mixer is gone, replaced by nothing.
    I want nothing to do with FB either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Dig back trough Major Nelsons Twitter, he has categorically stated that there will be no facebook integration in the console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Cant see FB integration coming,Mixer was dying on it's arse and after lots of streamers got #metoo'd last month they pulled the plug and handed it to FB,any anouncement of a partnership is just to save blushes imo

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Dig back trough Major Nelsons Twitter, he has categorically stated that there will be no facebook integration in the console.

I wouldnt be surprised if they did it after a while though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I wouldnt be surprised if they did it after a while though :mad:
    Surely, I mean they have to have something for streaming in this day and age. The ability to start a stream from your console at the click of a button wont be taken away. Surely that's the whole point of porting to facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

They said the player will have the choice of where to stream. It's not going to be forced down the facebook route.

maximoose wrote: »
    They said the player will have the choice of where to stream. It's not going to be forced down the facebook route.
    Yep. Ambassadors are being told to go anywhere they want but Twitch does seem to be where the XA caster program is going

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭TrivialArguer

I just got GTA V (Digital edition) on Xbox One. Will it work on the Series X (considering theyre remastering it and making a different version)?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Hoping for big things today

• Advertisement

It's the last chance saloon in regards to the Halo Franchise for Microsoft

They cannot afford to give us another Halo 5

Advertisement