Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    What section or the website did you check?

account.microsoft.com - Payment & Billing - Order History

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    What section or the website did you check?

As above, email came through a few minutes after I noticed update

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Finally got charged too, never been so glad to have money taken off me..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Finally got charged. Email from PayPal says 499.99, was charged 520.77 from Revolut....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Series x now showing in my devices on microsoft.com.
    It has the serial number and everything also the warranty expiration date.

A new device showed up in my devices too!
    Got all excited!

It's my fcuking Kinect :(

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Since I wrote the above post, I've been charged by Paypal and the Kinect has disappeared from My Devices again... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

kiddums wrote: »
    Finally got charged. Email from PayPal says 499.99, was charged 520.77 from Revolut....

You probably had the currency converter on on PayPal. Would have converted to GBP at their crappy rate as Revolut is counted as a GBP card, then back to Euro at Revoluts.

(500/0.865)*0.9 = 520.23

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

I’ve had some GameStop switch games arrive a day early in recent months. But cant it see that happening with the new Xbox Hopefully I see that shipping confirmation soon though. Has anyone had anything from GameStop today?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jamesoc85

Hey, any AIB customers who can help. I got the txt to approve the Microsoft transaction, which I did. How long did it take to show up on your bank account as a transaction?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

kiddums wrote: »
    I will be raging if I don't get it on release day and people that ordered after me do

I can understand why, yes. I'll definitely be annoyed, but to be honestly (and I genuinely don't mean for this to come across as some ****ty high and mighty thing), what's another day or so? For me specifically, I won't have a Series X game until COD on Friday anyway and I'm holding off to buy a 4K TV until Black Friday. I can wait, even if it is extremely annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Conar

Anyone know who GameStop use to ship and if it's from within Ireland? Got a preorder being shipped and I got a DPD delivery notification from DPD uk and I can't think of anything else I'm expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

jamesoc85 wrote: »
    Hey, any AIB customers who can help. I got the txt to approve the Microsoft transaction, which I did. How long did it take to show up on your bank account as a transaction?
    Thanks.

Relatively quickly IIRC......funny thing was, I only got a text for the actual Series X charge. There was already charges made against an S, Card and accessories. So obviously the amount or frequency of the charges triggered the check.
    All charges are still in a pending state, despite the order being on their way, but I'd expect that to be finalised come Monday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The Xbox Series X now listed under my devices in the microsoft account!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

You probably had the currency converter on on PayPal. Would have converted to GBP at their crappy rate as Revolut is counted as a GBP card, then back to Euro at Revoluts.

(500/0.865)*0.9 = 520.23

Ffs. That easily could be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

My Series X departed the Tamworth facility around 9pm. Surely that means an arrival scan in their Dublin parcel hub overnight?

Could you imagine if they delivered it tomorrow, I’d be over the moon! Afraid they’ll probably stick to the Tuesday date though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

rm212 wrote: »
    My Series X departed the Tamworth facility around 9pm. Surely that means an arrival scan in their Dublin parcel hub overnight?

Could you imagine if they delivered it tomorrow, I’d be over the moon! Afraid they’ll probably stick to the Tuesday date though :/
    Mine says 4.39pm so either multiple shipments or more likely is when they were scanned and are all going out in one shipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Still hoping I get a shipment email tomorrow! Still says pre-ordered on my order despite the payment being authorised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Only a few days to go - make sure not to forget to get some spare AA batteries :)

Can recommend Dealz or IKEA as the best.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

ozmo wrote: »
    Only a few days to go - make sure not to forget to get some spare AA batteries :)

Can recommend Dealz or IKEA as the best.

Mad with all the new tech they are still battery powered

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Mine says 4.39pm so either multiple shipments or more likely is when they were scanned and are all going out in one shipment.

It must be more than one shipment. My last update is around the same time as yours but my mates had a 3rd one leaving the UK around 9 pm buy mine has not been updated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

EdK wrote: »

I assume my rechargeable battery pack will work with these? I got a dual one on amazon for about 15euro ages ago and plug it into the TV for charging while I watch shows whereas my ps4 controller i keep forgetting to charge

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Petrol?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

peejay1986 wrote: »
    I can understand why, yes. I'll definitely be annoyed, but to be honestly (and I genuinely don't mean for this to come across as some ****ty high and mighty thing), what's another day or so? For me specifically, I won't have a Series X game until COD on Friday anyway and I'm holding off to buy a 4K TV until Black Friday. I can wait, even if it is extremely annoying.

I’m the same, ordered from Amazon so likely not to get it until next Saturday. Not going to throw my rattle out of the prom though as a good few won’t get it until after Xmas. I’d actually love to see a few on here get it early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

It's my fav thing bout the controller in comparison to other tech I have. Good set of quick Rechargeables and never a need for cables around the console. The rechargeablea can be used for other devices too

I've energizer 1 hour for a while now and wouldn't go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

recyclops wrote: »
    It's my fav thing bout the controller in comparison to other tech I have. Good set of quick Rechargeables and never a need for cables around the console. The rechargeablea can be used for other devices too

I've energizer 1 hour for a while now and wouldn't go back.

Agree, all tech like this should use AAs, much less waste if you use rechargeables.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Most devices are battery powered :P

An Italian reviewer has stated that they got 4 hours out of the PS5 controller while playing Astros and 7 hours on other games. I'd hope they've gotten a faulty unit though because that's shocking battery life. Also with the way the battery degraded in the PS4 controllers I'd much prefer to have the option to swap the batteries than buy a new controller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Most devices are battery powered :P

An Italian reviewer has stated that they got 4 hours out of the PS5 controller while playing Astros and 7 hours on other games. I'd hope they've gotten a faulty unit though because that's shocking battery life. Also with the way the battery degraded in the PS4 controllers I'd much prefer to have the option to swap the batteries than buy a new controller.

Yep, tech like these should use rechargable AAs rather than having to worry about what to do with the controller when the custom non user replaceable battery can no longer hold a charge. MS do the right thing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Mr.S wrote: »
    My delivery has left Tamworth, so in theory it should arrive on Monday, unless MS have put hold orders on them.

Mine Left there at 9pm. Still ETA is Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

They are leaving in batches as said above. Mine went around 4 on Friday can't see it arriving before Tues as nice as that would be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Same here, left Tamworth at 9pm last night. Be nice to have it Monday. Thank God for working from home at least I know ill be home

Advertisement