Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

The pending transaction is gone from my bank and money returned but my Xbox shipped yesterday :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derek..

The pending transaction is gone from my bank and money returned but my Xbox shipped yesterday :confused:

Free Series X so, Merry Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Still waiting for my order with MS to change from pre-ordered. Paypal authorised payment yesterday and the option to change how I pay has gone. Hopefully it will still arrive on Tuesday but no confirmed payment yet so no shipping notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

Moiph wrote: »
    Still waiting for my order with MS to change from pre-ordered. Paypal authorised payment yesterday and the option to change how I pay has gone. Hopefully it will still arrive on Tuesday but no confirmed payment yet so no shipping notice.

Mine only happened in the last two hours, exactly the same situation. So should be all grand... just got shipping notice/ Xbox series X appearing in my devices etc etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

antifyre wrote: »
    Mine only happened in the last two hours, exactly the same situation. So should be all grand... just got shipping notice/ Xbox series X appearing in my devices etc etc.....

Fingers crossed I get the same updates today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Is it still possible to order from the MS store?

Anyone have a link to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Lol Microsoft are STILL persisting with AA batteries for the controller? Unless you buy an additional battery pack?

I'm sorry but that belongs in 2006. I've an Xbox one and it's a real pain having batteries to replace. They really need to get with the times and stop profiteering.

Massive L.

weemcd wrote: »
    Lol Microsoft are STILL persisting with AA batteries for the controller? Unless you buy an additional battery pack?

I'm sorry but that belongs in 2006. I've an Xbox one and it's a real pain having batteries to replace. They really need to get with the times and stop profiteering.

Massive L.

It's awesome. I have 4 rechargeable AA's always on charge, as soon as one lot of batteries is done, I quickly swap out.

Compare that to my PS4 controller, which I feel like I have to remember to charge each time I use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Watching everyone getting their delivery notifications and I keep looking at my order at Harvey Norman which has said for the last six weeks that their staff are busy preparing the order for me. Taking a long time for them to prepare it.

Massive L.

In fairness to them the recharge pack they brought out for the Xbox one was solid.

The 360 one would degrade pretty quickly and and the packaging even announced that.

I still have the same recharge pack that I got in 2014 and it hasn't depleted in its hold in 6 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Probes wrote: »
    Watching everyone getting their delivery notifications and I keep looking at my order at Harvey Norman which has said for the last six weeks that their staff are busy preparing the order for me. Taking a long time for them to prepare it.

I emailed Harvey Norman during the week about changing from delivery to store pick up on the day, but unfortunately he wasn't 100% confident about having stock by Tuesday. This was the waterford store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

What's the story with Currys, I could've sworn that I opted for delivery for the console but now all emails are saying it's collection? Is currys doing deliveries at all or is that cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

rm212 wrote: »
    MS all day, why aren't they a good option? All EU orders probably come from the same warehouse regardless of country. No difference between MS France and MS Ireland I'd imagine.

Glad I took your advice thanks, sweet to get the dispatch email from MS

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's awesome. I have 4 rechargeable AA's always on charge, as soon as one lot of batteries is done, I quickly swap out.

Compare that to my PS4 controller, which I feel like I have to remember to charge each time I use it.

I much prefer inserting rechargeable AA's in my Xbox controller when I'm midway through a game than to charge using a cable from the Playstation or an awkward outlet as I'll have to do with the Dualsense. My method is using a small box of fully charged batteries and another small box of batteries to charge. So much for "profiteering".

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    What's the story with Currys, I could've sworn that I opted for delivery for the console but now all emails are saying it's collection? Is currys doing deliveries at all or is that cancelled?

I opted for collection but haven’t even got email confirmation - got email to pay 2 weeks ago and money has been deducted by nothing in collection times or confirmation yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Massive L.

Yeah because getting only 4 hours (reported) from a Dual Sense using the new haptics is a better scenario.

If you have an Xbox one and you're still finding it a pain to replace batteries then you're not doing it right. You have multiple options with Xbox, that's a much better scenario than internal for duration and longevity.

Just to clarify, I have both Xbox and PS4 and the dualshock battery life is terrible, always has been (and I have three of them!). Much prefer the Xbox approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Massive L.

Erm, how are they profiteering when they don't manufacturer or sell AA batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

dar83 wrote: »
    Yeah because getting only 4 hours (reported) from a Dual Sense using the new haptics is a better scenario.

Ah no, it's closer to between 7 and 12 hours depending on the game. People just take rumours and run with it. Remember what happened to the Series X being called a small heater. Anyways, really looking forward to getting it in 2 weeks but this is the wrong thread for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

pcadhain wrote: »
    Ah no, it's closer to between 7 and 12 hours depending on the game. People just take rumours and run with it. Remember what happened to the Series X being called a small heater. Anyways, really looking forward to getting it in 2 weeks but this is the wrong thread for that.

Just referencing one of the reviews I read that said he got four hours out of it playing the Astro game which uses haptics heavily. (sorry can't recall which review it was to link it). He did say it was longer in more normal use generally too. Also agree, not turning this topic that way, they'll both be great machines whichever way you go, or if you get both (as most of us will I'm sure at some point).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Someone posted that yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Derek..

Hurrache wrote: »
    Erm, how are they profiteering when they don't manufacturer or sell AA batteries.

Exactly, and it's not like having some rechargeable batteries ready to go is much of an effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I haven't played a game wirelessly for years. I thought it was brilliant back on the 360 as it was a new feature but now I just play with a usb cable plugged into controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,172 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

No email but the order has updated to in transit woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

pcadhain wrote: »
    I much prefer inserting rechargeable AA's in my Xbox controller when I'm midway through a game than to charge using a cable from the Playstation or an awkward outlet as I'll have to do with the Dualsense. My method is using a small box of fully charged batteries and another small box of batteries to charge. So much for "profiteering".

I use play and charge kits, the good thing about that is that if you play a lot of games, the battery can get fecked up, and the option to replace it is really useful.

With the other controllers it would be a pain to replace a bad battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

smithy1981 wrote: »
    I emailed Harvey Norman during the week about changing from delivery to store pick up on the day, but unfortunately he wasn't 100% confident about having stock by Tuesday. This was the waterford store.

Oh wow, that doesn't sound great. Plenty of time for them to send it yet, but I guess I was hoping it would be here on Tuesday.

Edit: someone on Twitter is saying they are posting them on the 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just got my shipping email having ordered from Polish store. Coming from the Netherlands and arriving Tuesday on the delivery details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Same here. All very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Just got my shipping email having ordered from Polish store. Coming from the Netherlands and arriving Tuesday on the delivery details.

Same ordered from the UK store, in transit with UPS will have it Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

What amazes me is that they allocate by country yet ship from just a few warehouse. Why not just have a European allocation and when it's gone its gone.

I tried IRL and UK last week no go, tried French store, order through money taken free delivery and email to say its on its way (prob from UK).

Seems a crazy way of doing online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

This is due for delivery on Tuesday and its not even been shipped yet, to Ireland, I ordered something from Amazon on Sunday last week and it left the UK on Monday, still not even scanned by AnPost....

Advertisement