Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

gibgodsman wrote: »
    This is due for delivery on Tuesday and its not even been shipped yet, to Ireland, I ordered something from Amazon on Sunday last week and it left the UK on Monday, still not even scanned by AnPost....

An Post is very slow lately due to huge volume and sometimes things arrive while still showing at sorting facilities. Couriers are generally quicker though and some work weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

gibgodsman wrote: »
    This is due for delivery on Tuesday and its not even been shipped yet, to Ireland, I ordered something from Amazon on Sunday last week and it left the UK on Monday, still not even scanned by AnPost....

Completely different logistics crowds you're on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

EdK wrote: »
    An Post is very slow lately due to huge volume and sometimes things arrive while still showing at sorting facilities. Couriers are generally quicker though and some work weekends.

Yeah, post is running 5 or 6 days behind on random things at the moment. Thankfully most of these seem to be courier sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Got charged by MS yesterday but still not shipped yet

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the money that microsoft deducted from my account is already back in my account, what is going on, read this happening to other people here too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Gonzo wrote: »
    the money that microsoft deducted from my account is already back in my account, what is going on, read this happening to other people here too.

Maybe was just a hold on the money? Bizarre they would do that after already shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Same for me, money appeared back in my account today. Would assume I'll be charged again before it's dropped off as they can still recall from UPS prior to that.

On another note, anyones tracking updated to show they are in Finglas yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

String wrote: »
    Got charged by MS yesterday but still not shipped yet

Ditto. Never been more anxious about a shipping email

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Seagate card shipped yesterday........no mails etc, pre-auth check was made the same time as everything else, its status only updated this evening.....probably not via UPS like the consoles, probably not even from the same location I would imagine, given they could just stick it in an envelope.
    Be nice if they just stuck it in one of the other boxes though. Find out Tues I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Same for me, money appeared back in my account today. Would assume I'll be charged again before it's dropped off as they can still recall from UPS prior to that.

On another note, anyones tracking updated to show they are in Finglas yet?

Strangely still no inward scan despite leaving Tamworth yesterday evening...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

rm212 wrote: »
    Strangely still no inward scan despite leaving Tamworth yesterday evening...

Same here. My guess is they know there's no real rush, I reckon they'll get scanned in Ireland tomorrow evening or Monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Doomofman wrote: »
    Same here. My guess is they know there's no real rush, I reckon they'll get scanned in Ireland tomorrow evening or Monday morning

Won't that mean though that thousands of devices are arriving en masse in Ireland and they'd certainly need time to sort and allocate that here or would that all be done in Tamworth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Sure they have two and a half days to do that so I wouldn't be worried at all. Ups deliver up to around 7 in the evening and to them if they get it to customer before the end of day on the 10th that's their job done.

I have decided to just stop looking at sites and waiting for a knock on the door. As the say a watched pot won't boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yeah anyone with UPS tracking is just going to get it at some point on Tuesday, don't sweat it.

I was more hoping there might be a chance to get it Monday but that's looking less likely since there hasn't been a scan into Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Hi not a gamer and to be honest haven’t a clue about computers.
    Young lad looking for computer this Christmas, PlayStation 5 looks like it can’t be got.
    Could I get a new Xbox before Christmas and what’s the difference between X and S for a 10 year old boy.
    I not available is the old one still and what’s the latest old one.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

meath4sam wrote: »
    Hi not a gamer and to be honest haven’t a clue about computers.
    Young lad looking for computer this Christmas, PlayStation 5 looks like it can’t be got.
    Could I get a new Xbox before Christmas and what’s the difference between X and S for a 10 year old boy.
    I not available is the old one still and what’s the latest old one.

Thanks

Does he want a computer or a console?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Does he want a computer or a console?

Sorry console

Sorry console

If it was me I'd go for the Series S and a Game Pass subscription. You could probably get the console and three years GP for less than €450.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I’d pick him up a one x second hand on adverts. Should get one for about 200 and get game pass for him. That would be perfect for a 10 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

tony1980 wrote: »
    I’d pick him up a one x second hand on adverts. Should get one for about 200 and get game pass for him. That would be perfect for a 10 year old.

Seconded this, he'll only end up playing Fortnite anyways like the rest of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Would a switch not be good for him?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/architectu2/status/1325287217007370249

Confirmation that the internal drive is just an M2 drive with a slot. Should be pretty easy to swap out, although these drives aren't as standard as others, due to their shortness.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

we'll probably see a 2tb version in a year or two then once prices drop even further for storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

Still haven't received a shipping notification from Microsoft and my order status is still listed as
    "Pre-ordered
    Estimated delivery 10 November"
    Having visions of the original Xbox One launch that they screwed up and I didn't receive until the next day.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If it was me I'd go for the Series S and a Game Pass subscription. You could probably get the console and three years GP for less than €450.

Can that be got before Xmas?
    Is that a new one

Probes wrote: »
    Would a switch not be good for him?

Has a switch thanks.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Seconded this, he'll only end up playing Fortnite anyways like the rest of them.

Will prob avoid second hand due to Christmas present, can that be got new is it last years version

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

TweekeewT wrote: »
    Still haven't received a shipping notification from Microsoft and my order status is still listed as
    "Pre-ordered
    Estimated delivery 10 November"
    Having visions of the original Xbox One launch that they screwed up and I didn't receive until the next day.

Same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Will prob avoid second hand due to Christmas present, can that be got new is it last years version

Something to also consider is what his friends use. If he's going to be the only one that has an Xbox when they're all Playstation players that's gonna cause problems for certain games that don't have cross platform capabilities. Not to mention lending/borrowing games off friends etc... (Do kids still do that these days?)

Just something to clarify with him. Did he ask for a PS5 specifically? Or just a new console?

• Advertisement

dar83 wrote: »
    Something to also consider is what his friends use. If he's going to be the only one that has an Xbox when they're all Playstation players that's gonna cause problems for certain games that don't have cross platform capabilities. Not to mention lending/borrowing games off friends etc... (Do kids still do that these days?)

Just something to clarify with him. Did he ask for a PS5 specifically? Or just a new console?

All the big games kids play like Fortnite, FIFA, COD are Cross Play.

Advertisement