Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Looking forward to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Any rumbles of anything Xcloud-related? Really looking forward to seeing that in action!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Dragon Quest 11 coming to Xbox, played it on PS4 and loved it.

Halo Infinite looks amazing. The gun play was savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah very impressed with Halo - the art style very Halo 3 and it looks great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 on day 1? Yes please.

Load of ****e bar Halo so far which was impressive

No gameplay in the stalker trailer or Hellblade

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bar Halo, Everwild and Avowed have piqued my interest but they showed everwild last year too and avowed is likely ages away. Can't say anything else jumped out.

Very little new announcements to write home about tbh, same old same old really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

ok so far its been fairly poor but the medium really piqued my interest

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

I really don’t think these consoles are ready at all,

COVID might have delayed quite a lot of games as well,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Every game shown being part of a €12 month subscription is why I'll be buying a Series X console.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Fable! :D

The Medium, fable and crossfire ( mainly due to remedy being involved) is all i cared about really

Yea poor showing overall

Credit to Halo tho it looks great and looks more like the classic halo franchise.

I'm very excited for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Games pass is really the future for the Xbox

Look how many games we will get day one thanks to that on our new fancy Xbox

Also no price still !!!!

I just don’t understand why Sony and ms don’t won’t to give us as price yet

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Halo looks gorgeous, and back to its roots with the Covenant "The Banished". Looking forward to that.

And Fable is back too... excellent !

Incredible that all games shown will be available on Gamepass, that is very impressive. So that probably ties in with the stories going around that Gold is being wound down.

All in all I thought it was a good showcase, plenty on show, and certainly plenty of games to run on the new hardware. Plenty more to come no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Nothing for me there. I think I'll be bowing out of the Xbox ecosystem for the first time in the next gen. Xbox is doing lots of innovative stuff but the games are doing nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I haven't seen anything from either Sony or MS to make me think I want a next gen machine....yet anyway

Nothing for me there. I think I'll be bowing out of the Xbox ecosystem for the first time in the next gen. Xbox is doing lots of innovative stuff but the games are doing nothing for me.

You can get them all on PC anway

I'm selling the one x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I haven't seen anything from either Sony or MS to make me think I want a next gen machine....yet anyway

I came on to post these exact thoughts. I'm sure the games for both consoles will be enjoyable but none of them are getting my willy wet.

• Advertisement

Not enough content to come to any kind of conclusion. Halo looks solid and I'm a big fan of semi open world, metro exodus did it perfectly as an example.

Overall there looks to be some solid games coming to game pass. Its as to be expected with the netflix business model. A steady stream of 7/10 content with the 9/10 spaced apart.

I think my game pass sub will be secured but its a question of do I need a series X. I'm still undecided and a bit disappointed once again that theres been a bit of over hype. At what point will there be a show that will make me say shut up and take my money? That goes for both PS and Xbox. At this stage I think its pretty obvious that moment is going to come 1 or 2 years later and I can happily make do with my one x and pc until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Not enough content to come to any kind of conclusion. Halo looks solid and I'm a big fan of semi open world, metro exodus did it perfectly as an example.

Overall there looks to be some solid games coming to game pass. Its as to be expected with the netflix business model. A steady stream of 7/10 content with the 9/10 spaced apart.

I think my game pass sub will be secured but its a question of do I need a series X. I'm still undecided and a bit disappointed once again that theres been a bit of over hype. At what point will there be a show that will make me say shut up and take my money? That goes for both PS and Xbox. At this stage I think its pretty obvious that moment is going to come 1 or 2 years later and I can happily make do with my one x and pc until then.

Yep have to agree with that. There is no doubt that Gamepass is great value for money and something I don't need to worry about until Jan 2023 thanks to the upgrade.

I don't think I will be getting the Series X day 1, which is mad because I have bought every Xbox since the OG one back in the day.

Halo looks swish, that new one from Yuji Naka looks good Ballun Wonderworld

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Games pass is really the future for the Xbox

Look how many games we will get day one thanks to that on our new fancy Xbox

Also no price still !!!!

I just don’t understand why Sony and ms don’t won’t to give us as price yet

Picking up 3 years of ultimate for 1 euro from BA was the greatest gaming bargain ever.

Not massively impressed so far but, hey, everything for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Yes, I cannot wait for Psychonauts 2. I played the first which is a Xbox original backward compatible game. It was a good game shame it took many years until the second was made.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nice to see state of decay 3 is development .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

and stalker 2, I think that was in development but got cancelled a few years back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Yes, I cannot wait for Psychonauts 2. I played the first which is a Xbox original backward compatible game. It was a good game shame it took many years until the second was made.
    why did it look so bad maybe it was the video feed.I go watch it again in 4k.İt was a ok show case Halo look good , I be interested in seeing the comparison video between xbox one vs xbox x vs xbox series x.

Im still gona buy a Xbox series x at launch seeing it be easier to get than a ps5.The ps5 gona be mad hard to get at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

rob808 wrote: »
    why did it look so bad maybe it was the video feed.I go watch it again in 4k.İt was a ok show case Halo look good , I be interested in seeing the comparison video between xbox one vs xbox x vs xbox series x.

Im still gona buy a Xbox series x at launch seeing it be easier to get than a ps5.The ps5 gona be mad hard to get at launch.

You have to have played the first to understand. It was a great game. Only took 15 years to get a sequel. Someone over on PC gaming thread once said that is why we cannot have nice things as it was a great game but tanked in sales back in the day.

This is interesting and something I'd noticed during the showcase. Thought I was cnfused

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/23/21335984/microsoft-xbox-series-x-exclusive-next-gen-promise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rob808 wrote: »

The details settings (looked like low/medium) are obviously turned way down to hit native 4K and 60FPS.

Edit: I thought you were talking about Halo.

Advertisement