Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

meath4sam wrote: »
    Can that be got before Xmas?
    Is that a new one

It is a new one. The new ones are the Xbox Series X and the Xbox Series S.
    There might be stock available on Tuesday in some stores, but you'd have to be checking early enough I'd say. The likes of Smyths, Argos..

The Xbox One S and the Xbox One X are the old models. The Xbox One X is discontinued.

I'd say go for the Xbox Series S if you can get your hands on one between now and Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

TitianGerm wrote: »
    All the big games kids play like Fortnite, FIFA, COD are Cross Play.

I don't think you're correct about FIFA there and that could be a big one. It's totally worth clarifying with the kid what he's asking for rather than getting something /anything.

Edit: Tweet from EA on this

https://twitter.com/EAFIFADirect/status/1292888630571098117?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

dar83 wrote: »
    I don't think you're correct about FIFA there and that could be a big one. It's totally worth clarifying with the kid what he's asking for rather than getting something /anything.

I mentioned PlayStation and he said xbox as his friend has one and he prefers over PlayStation.

Thanks all for your responses will keep eye out for S on Tuesday and if can’t get one look into the old S

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Any tips on what’s stores to check and would it be worth checking at 12 Monday night for a series S

I mentioned PlayStation and he said xbox as his friend has one and he prefers over PlayStation.

Thanks all for your responses will keep eye out for S on Tuesday and if can’t get one look into the old S

Then you're golden. :)

Keep an eye on microsoft.com on Tuesday morning, 8am, they will have more to order then, but you may need to be quick, so he ready at 7:58am to be sure.

• Advertisement

Any tips on what’s stores to check and would it be worth checking at 12 Monday night for a series S

If you want a Series X then use the following URL, have it preloaded and ready for 8am on Tuesday, when you should just refresh it and it should then have stock (maybe at 8am exactly, or 8:01/2 etc..)

https://www.xbox.com/en-ie/configure/8wj714n3rbtl?irgwc=1&OCID=AID2000142_aff_7593_10078&tduid=%28ir__93pf06cfpskfqhh2kk0sohz3zv2xsjstroufhfhd00%29%287593%29%2810078%29%28boards.ie%29%2861111X1383796Xbe8291a0a44a77895ab1a5bba2cf419c%29&irclickid=_93pf06cfpskfqhh2kk0sohz3zv2xsjstroufhfhd00

Just be patient with it as the site may be slow due to the demand and volume of people, but if you're ready and keep trying you should be able to nab one.

Series S here:

https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/consoles/xbox-series-s?xr=shellnav#purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I swear if I don't get a shipping notification by tomorrow I'm gonna be so annoyed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

So if we get an off the shelf 2TB M.2 to replace the internal SSD and a nice 2TB expansion one, once they get a little cheaper, you could have a system running with 4TB high end storage!
    Probably cost about 300-400 extra though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

marcbrophy wrote: »
    So if we get an off the shelf 2TB M.2 to replace the internal SSD and a nice 2TB expansion one, once they get a little cheaper, you could have a system running with 4TB high end storage!

as long as your warranty is already out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Sorry I know this has been asked before but I went back and couldn't find the link. Someone suggested some good rechargable batteries and charger for the controller a while ago. Is there any that are better than others from experience? Has anyone used eneloops batteries?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

I swear by Eneloops or the IKEA equivalent will do too

I always got the energiser ones. Never had a problem with them.
    Its the one great thing about the elite 2 controller. Its a built in rechargeable battery which lasts upto 40 hours and you simply drop it on its charging dock to recharge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Series S is still available on some of the Amazons

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

marcbrophy wrote: »

Currently the largest capacity M2 in the 2230 size is 1TB afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

UPS tracking for Series X just scanned into Dublin at 15:14. Could a delivery tomorrow be on the cards? It still says scheduled for Tuesday but we'll see.

Anyone get a dispatch notification from gamestop?
    We probably won't get those till tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

rm212 wrote: »
    UPS tracking for Series X just scanned into Dublin at 15:14. Could a delivery tomorrow be on the cards? It still says scheduled for Tuesday but we'll see.

No Ireland scan on mine yet. What time did you get the update of yours leaving Tamworth?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Doomofman wrote: »
    No Ireland scan on mine yet. What time did you get the update of yours leaving Tamworth?

9:14 for me, scan in Dublin at 3:09.

Doesn't really matter though, all the shipments would have been on the same boat leaving Holyhead,

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

11/06/2020 9:17 P.M was the departure scan.

CatInABox wrote: »
    9:14 for me, scan in Dublin at 3:09.

Doesn't really matter though, all the shipments would have been on the same boat leaving Holyhead,

Cool, around the same time as me. Haven't got that Dublin scan yet but I imagine it'll come soon. Guess I'm just a little anxious as I'm on the other side of the country, want as much time between it hitting Dublin and Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stichy

Mine is the exact same but my UPS tracking hasn't updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Cool, around the same time as me. Haven't got that Dublin scan yet but I imagine it'll come soon. Guess I'm just a little anxious as I'm on the other side of the country, want as much time between it hitting Dublin and Tuesday

You might not get a Dublin scan. They might have sent it straight to Athlone. I'm guessing anyway. Depending on which courier company they use. I know at least two big courier companies that have a Athlone location.

You might not get a Dublin scan. They might have sent it straight to Athlone. I'm guessing anyway. Depending on which courier company they use. I know at least two big courier companies that have a Athlone location.

It's UPS, their shipments usually go Tamworth - Finglas - Sligo for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Hurrache wrote: »
    Erm, how are they profiteering when they don't manufacturer or sell AA batteries.

Oh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I see

532247.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

I preorder one about a week after the the first date from gamestop got a txt to say it wouldn't be getting it on launch. Which is grand totally didn't expect to get one on the launch. But the text also had a an option to cancel the order. Is that normal ? Those anyone know when I could expect to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

weemcd wrote: »
    I see

Pointless massive image

Everyone who replied to you regarding this non-issue yesterday disagreed with your opinion and misunderstanding of profiteering. Move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

weemcd wrote: »
    I see

[Img][/img]really big image

€20 for a battery that will last longer than 5 years and hold a great charge versus having to eventually wire into a wireless controller to use it.

DAMN YOU MICROSOFT.... DAMN YOU FOR YOUR PROFITEERING

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

Blazer wrote: »
    Anyone get a dispatch notification from gamestop?
    We probably won't get those till tomorrow.

Nothing here yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

I've just seen my Series X ordered on October 8th from Microsoft Poland has just been marked as dispatched with a tracking number during my hourly check of the order history. Just in case there are some who've ordered on the 22nd before me, this should ease some worries.

Huge relief as my original order on preorder day was cancelled due to Bank of Ireland thinking I had security issues.

Advertisement