Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

I’ve had nothing since IMPORT SCAN at Dublin on UPS last night. I’m based in Dublin too. Still says delivery for tomorrow rather than today. Reckon I’ll get it anyway? Getting annoyed mine hasn’t updated to today like the rest of you XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Anyone heard anything from Harvey Norman? Radio silence is a bit worrying tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SlitsK92

rm212 wrote: »
    I’ve had nothing since IMPORT SCAN at Dublin on UPS last night. I’m based in Dublin too. Still says delivery for tomorrow rather than today. Reckon I’ll get it anyway? Getting annoyed mine hasn’t updated to today like the rest of you XD

Mine was in un Dublin yesterday but still says end of day Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

My tracking hasn't updated since Friday either and it's on the truck now it seems. You might have it today yet. I reckon UPS are just patchy on how diligent they are at scanning parcels at each stage of delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Celtic_Warrior6

Mine has just been delivered by UPS - ordered directly from Microsoft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I got an email last week from MS and a pending transaction for €499. Have my tracking number and it appears to be in Dublin this morning.

Got another email from MS this morning though (same order number) telling me I'll be charged as soon as my item ships. Wonder have they made a mistake and sent me two Xbox?

I wonder is your transaction still pending? Or have the funds actually been taken from your account? It would be mad given that these are sold out for the next 6 or so weeks that they would make a mistake and send you 2 consoles. They haven't even shipped mine.

EDIT - Also, what is the status of your order on your Microsoft account?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Nice one, enjoy. I thought I'd have it early this morning cos I got text at 8am but its seems it'll be this evening. I've work until 6pm anyway so just aswell. Good start to the day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

God, I'm raging now.

Ordered from MS day one. Charge still pending on my PayPal account and my MS order hasn't changed from preorder status yet like a few others on here.

BUT, I got a message from PayPal today to verify my account due to suspicious activity (i.e. the MS charge). Had to verify proof of identity etc with them which I already had on file there. They say it'll take 2-4 days to review my documents (even though they were already uploaded before).

Can't change how I pay with MS anymore. Order still pending on my Paypal. If I miss out because of this I'll be livid.

You won't miss out but you wont have it for launch day. Im in the same boat. We are likely looking at Wed/Thurs for delivery provided they ship them today. If its tomorrow we wont get them until Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

Any sign of the next round of stock coming up???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Blazer wrote: »
    Honestly I won’t be one bit sorry GameStop are gone. Apart from the people who’ve lost their jobs. They’ve treated their staff despicably during the pandemic in the US. Not only that but they’ve cut employees hours and hired other people to make up the required hours to avoid paying employer benefits etc.

Aside from all that. I work in an industry where we hold people accountable for their actions, the scheduled they’re held to (within acceptable deviations) and above all communication.
    GameStop by my reckoning have failed all three of these. So yes I do care. It’s what makes me good at my job and why I’ve never been out of a job since I was 18 and why I keep walking into other jobs.
    And I know it’s just a console but that’s beside the point,
    It’s all about respect for the consumer which we see less and less of nowadays and even less respect for their employees.

The way their handled the pre orders has been awful especially taking pre orders a year before then actually went live and leaving everyone in the dark. I don't understand why Gamestop didn't have the staff from each store to sort out the pre orders in that store or surely he could have worked from home as customer service instead of leaving customers having to chase them. All they had to do was give send a email or quick call to say whether you are getting a console or not

• Advertisement

skerry wrote: »
    My tracking hasn't updated since Friday either and it's on the truck now it seems. You might have it today yet. I reckon UPS are just patchy on how diligent they are at scanning parcels at each stage of delivery

God I hope you’re right, I’d be chuffed if it arrives today!

Before you got the delivery this morning did your tracking still say delivery by Tuesday earlier today?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Same boat, money pre-authorised. No option to amend/cancel etc. Frustrating as I'm getting mine sent to Thailand once it gets delivered to my mothers and I'm off next week so was hoping to get it by Saturday or Monday. Unlikely now. Such a C.

Anyway, not the end of the world but I ordered within 5 minutes of it going on sale. Then again, likely to be on route and just hasn't updated on the system. Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Celtic_Warrior6

Before you got the delivery this morning did your tracking still say delivery by Tuesday earlier today?

Yep the delivery message never changed from Tuesday.

Great thanks! I’m getting excited now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Did you have a scan in to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ZiabR wrote: »
    I wonder is your transaction still pending? Or have the funds actually been taken from your account? It would be mad given that these are sold out for the next 6 or so weeks that they would make a mistake and send you 2 consoles. They haven't even shipped mine.

EDIT - Also, what is the status of your order on your Microsoft account?

Says in transit on Microsoft and paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Derek.. wrote: »
    Still no scan into Ireland almost 48 hours after leaving the UK.
    I'm sure it should be late afternoon today though :)

Same as you Derek. Sure it'll be ok though :)

There's hope yet

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

ZiabR wrote: »
    You won't miss out but you wont have it for launch day. Im in the same boat. We are likely looking at Wed/Thurs for delivery provided they ship them today. If its tomorrow we wont get them until Friday.

The thing is I can't make any purchases through PayPal until they review my documents which takes 2-5 days according to them. If MS authorise the pending charge in the next day or so then PayPal will block it. Unless the fact that it is pending means they can't stop it anymore but I doubt that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

So my Xbox shipped Saturday morning from Tamworth with a tracker from MS store (which hasn’t updated since it left on Sat) but I’ve noticed the pending transaction in my bank account (AIB) is gone and my money has been returned. Should
    I be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

I'm still on Label Created since 7.11 @ 9am, so I've no idea where mine is!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone see any change in status from Harvey Norman?

Did you get a text or anything from UPS?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Mine dispatched from the UK early Saturday morning - no update since. Still estimates deliver on Tuesday but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns up today at some point. UPS float around where i am in the afternoon.

I'm not Dublin based so that may cause a slight delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Mine updated straight from leaving Tamworth to being at my local depot. Didn't get marked as out for deliver but hoping maybe it'll show up anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Has anyone who used paypal actually had their xbox ship yet? Seems to be a common trend here

R777B wrote: »
    Has anyone who used paypal actually had their xbox ship yet? Seems to be a common trend here

Yes, I used PayPal to pay. Mine's in Dublin now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Vyse Remastered

R777B wrote: »

Mine hasn't shipped and had to switch to PayPal at the last minute (due to getting that e-mail from Microsoft). Not bothered though, it's a Christmas present so it doesn't really matter when it gets here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Still not even got mine shipped and people are receiving theirs? Nice one MS, so won't have mine on launch day, any chance PS5 won't be a **** show? NOPE

Advertisement