Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SlitsK92

Mr.S wrote: »
    Package now in Dublin but still says Tuesday for delivery. Pitty!

People have been receiving them with it still saying Tuesday, there's hope but I'm not sure if you're meant to get a text on the day or not

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

My UPS tracking updated to let me know it's in Limerick. Today must be the day:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Mine just updated from In Transit Tamworth to In Transit Limerick

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    My UPS tracking updated to let me know it's in Limerick. Today must be the day:pac:

Lol both of us pressing F5 at the same time :pac:

Can we just ring them and collect from the depot :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

gibgodsman wrote: »
    Still not even got mine shipped and people are receiving theirs? Nice one MS, so won't have mine on launch day, any chance PS5 won't be a **** show? NOPE

Stop moaning, some can’t even get one or have to wait nearly a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BobbieBerto

Still not even got mine shipped and people are receiving theirs? Nice one MS, so won't have mine on launch day, any chance PS5 won't be a **** show? NOPE
    Mines still stuck on "preordered" had Tuesday booked off and all, annoying!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I think that UPS probably didn't scan every individual box when they were picking them up, which would explain why some of them are jumping around.

tony1980 wrote: »
    Mine just updated from In Transit Tamworth to In Transit Limerick

"09/11/2020 - 5:24

Dublin, Ireland

Destination Scan"

That's the latest on mine, what time was your destination scan?

joe316 wrote: »
    Anyone heard anything from Harvey Norman? Radio silence is a bit worrying tbh

I only have the confirmation email that says you'll get an email when it's ready for collection. That's it.

I'm not sure that I would be expecting to hear anything else before tomorrow, but it still makes me a bit nervous compared to Smyth's and how they've messaged me more than once to keep me up to date with what's happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Stop moaning, some can’t even get one or have to wait nearly a week.

Yeah hold on I feel sorry for people who missed out, and didn't give €500 to Microsoft to receive a console late? Nah mate, you snooze you lose, but I got mine and Microsoft failed

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

tony1980 wrote: »
    Can we just ring them and collect from the depot :D

Tempted haha. I'm getting caught in the hype this morning!

It's a piece of plastic

You will get it eventually

Microsoft didn't fail you lol

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Yeah hold on I feel sorry for people who missed out, and didn't give €500 to Microsoft to receive a console late? Nah mate, you snooze you lose, but I got mine and Microsoft failed

Haha I hope yours doesn't arrive until after xmas then you drop it on opening

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

Just in case anyone starts getting worried about preordering with PayPal from MS, my account problem seems to be specific to me for some reason. Think they assume a 500 euro transaction is unusual for me to make so they want to verify my account. My order might get cancelled but there's no reason to think anyone else's will. I assume if PayPal hasn't flagged your account yet and you ordered day one as well then you're fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It's a piece of plastic

If you pay money to receive something on a specific date, and the supplier doesn't provide you with the item on that date, then of course they have failed.

I've paid HN to receive a launch day console. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I will consider that they have also failed.

I'll be a little annoyed and then get on with my day, especially as I have only ordered an S and have no next gen titles I am desperate to play on it.... but would still have failed to deliver the console on the day specified.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It's a piece of plastic

I'd be very pissed off if it did arrive and it was only a bit of plastic lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Anyone who ordered from Currys get an update on collection? Guessing it's just go in on tomorrow at any time and collect as I'm not expecting stores to have loads in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

It seems random enough from UPS. Guessing ours both coming from Shannon? My tracking hasn't updated but packaged is out for delivery this afternoon. Id say, like someone mentioned earlier, they aren't scanning them all and probably dependant on the driver. Probably a huge amount of extra packages on launch day in addition to usually stuff so imagine they don't have time to scan all.

SlitsK92 wrote: »
    "09/11/2020 - 5:24

Dublin, Ireland

Destination Scan"

That's the latest on mine, what time was your destination scan?

It says 8.46am for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

Mine was just delivered - I'm in Dublin.
    Tracking details were still showing as being scanned at Dublin at 3 yesterday afternoon, with expected delivery tomorrow. Delighted!
    I only ordered off MS UK last Wednesday, after a tip-off on this thread!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hmmm. My "destination scan" has updated to "import scan". Hope this doesn't mean that they've fecked my eircode again, took days to get that sorted last time.

To any of you that received your Xbox today, did you get a text from UPS? Mine was in Dublin yesterday & I guess there's a possibility it'll come today but I didn't get a text or anything so unsure if I need to make sure someone is home today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

Pre ordered in store with Smyths, I got a message to say when it would be available for collection, can I just be at store at 8am to collect? Sorry if already asked

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Limpar wrote: »
    Mine was just delivered - I'm in Dublin.
    Tracking details were still showing as being scanned at Dublin at 3 yesterday afternoon, with expected delivery tomorrow. Delighted!
    I only ordered off MS UK last Wednesday, after a tip-off on this thread!

Mine has the exact same scan at the same time in Dublin yesterday. I'm also based in Dublin, that means mine might also arrive today like yours!

I just had a knock at the door but it was some 4K BluRays I ordered over a week ago for trying out on the Series X. Thought it was the console when I heard the knock :mad::D

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

SlitsK92 wrote: »
    To any of you that received your Xbox today, did you get a text from UPS? Mine was in Dublin yesterday & I guess there's a possibility it'll come today but I didn't get a text or anything so unsure if I need to make sure someone is home today

No text for me - just arrived at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

CatInABox wrote: »
    Hmmm. My "destination scan" has updated to "import scan". Hope this doesn't mean that they've fecked my eircode again, took days to get that sorted last time.

I definitely have my eircode on my address on MS site but driver had to text this morning to get eiecode so it must not be on the label which is odd. Out in the countryside myself and slim hope he'd find me without it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Lads I think we need to dial it back a bit. There is no need to wish bad luck to people who have ordered a paid for their consoles. The thread has gotten out of hand that last page or so.

It is clear that Microsoft are shipping these out in batches, the sheer numbers must be staggering. I myself am still waiting for mine to be shipped and I ordered it at 8am on the 22nd. It is just luck of the draw. I have a One X to keep me going until I get mine. Am I a little disappointed that I wont have it tomorrow for launch, yes, but I am not worried and technically not in any rush given that we don't really have any next gen games to play yet. I expect people to be receiving consoles for the rest of this week as shipping and delivery gets on top of a release of this size.

To those who got theirs today or will receive tomorrow, enjoy it! Post up some of your initial thoughts. Anyone that wants one will get one eventually, just some of us will have to wait a little longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ah yes logistics failed you. It's a shame they have to deal with a pandemic across the world and a huge influx in delivery

It's more important that some random lad gets his piece of plastic on the day

Life how you failed us all

Definitely worth crying about

You seem really upset by this, maybe you need to chill out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

For anyone that purchased from MS store are we entitled to reward points? none have been applied to my account yet?

Advertisement