Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

rm212 wrote: »
    Mine has the exact same scan at the same time in Dublin yesterday. I'm also based in Dublin, that means mine might also arrive today like yours!

I just had a knock at the door but it was some 4K BluRays I ordered over a week ago for trying out on the Series X. Thought it was the console when I heard the knock :mad::D

You will be testing them later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

For anyone that purchased from MS store are we entitled to reward points? none have been applied to my account yet?

I am trying to get this sorted myself and the rewards support has been taken down :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

skerry wrote: »
    I definitely have my eircode on my address on MS site but driver had to text this morning to get eiecode so it must not be on the label which is odd. Out in the countryside myself and slim hope he'd find me without it

Ah crap, was relying on the Eircode as the city is missing from my address. Rang UPS who told me to contact MS, contacted MS who advise it should be fine as the postcode is on it :confused:

Can anyone the received one today confirm is the Eircode is on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

The UPS tracking details on my order from MS says it left Swords at 7.30am and is due for delivery by end of day today, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

Anyone who ordered from Currys get an update on collection? Guessing it's just go in on tomorrow at any time and collect as I'm not expecting stores to have loads in stock

haven't even got a mail from them - i paid for the pre-order but nothing since...

trying to get through on their phoneline is a disaster - I'll just go in tomorrow and hope its there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Quite the opposite for a Monday

Laughing my ass off

weird, for you to be so emotionally invested.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

They sent out emails last week with receipts of the purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just arrived for me in Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

They sent out emails last week with receipts of the purchase

i got a receipt but no instructions and it didn't reference my pre-order number either - very strangely managed

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Anyone who ordered from Currys get an update on collection? Guessing it's just go in on tomorrow at any time and collect as I'm not expecting stores to have loads in stock

Looks like it’s just pick up from stores any time tomorrow. Last thing I got was a copy of my receipt last Thursday. Good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ZiabR wrote: »
    Lads I think we need to dial it back a bit. There is no need to wish bad luck to people who have ordered a paid for their consoles. The thread has gotten out of hand that last page or so.

Yes, please. People have a right to be annoyed about not getting it on the day, and people have the right to post that annoyance here. Microsoft, Harvey Norman, GameStop, Currys and all those really don't need you to defend their honour or anything, at best they're faceless international corporations, and at worst, well.....

And if you think someone is overreacting, I can assure you that telling them that they're overreacting, or to calm down, or to take it easy, is pretty much the least helpful way for getting people to calm down. For me, that's like a red rag to a bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Ah crap, was relying on the Eircode as the city is missing from my address. Rang UPS who told me to contact MS, contacted MS who advise it should be fine as the postcode is on it :confused:

Can anyone the received one today confirm is the Eircode is on it?

I posted about this a week or two ago, there's regularly discrepancies between what MS think are on the label and what's actually on the UPS label itself. I've never had my eirocde appear on UPS labels, not quite sure they even use them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

For anyone that purchased from MS store are we entitled to reward points? none have been applied to my account yet?

I got 416 rewards points from the day I ordered it appear on my account the other day, can only be for it bit it seems they only gave 1 point per € and before tax so not worth it really, get more for a game, but I'm not going to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Mr.S wrote: »
    Boo I'm not a million miles from Swords and mine just has an import scan, looks like I'm tomorrow.

Might be the same for me unfortunately :( I'm quite close to Swords and still just import scan for me too. Ah well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Congrats to everyone getting theirs early or on launch day tomorrow :)
    Hope mine comes this week if not tomorrow, but I have my One X to tide me over anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mr.S wrote: »
    MS never told you when ordering they would deliver on the 10th, you took that risk IMO.

Add in potential shipping delays because of COVID, or general courier un-reliability - if you really wanted the console day one, you should have gone with a retailer that allowed collection.

unless that retailer was GameStop, and the stored ended up being closed.

At which point I reckon your argument would have been the opposite - that it was known shops could close so should have gone with a delivery option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Congrats on people receiving their xbox today and over next few days. Enjoy it big time. Just wondering in regards to gamestop so I am in the 2nd wave due end of November. Just what's people's thoughts on getting it then as if end of November level. 5 just be more or less over would nearly prefer to collect it from store if difference only a day or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

rm212 wrote: »
    Might be the same for me unfortunately :( I'm quite close to Swords and still just import scan for me too. Ah well :rolleyes:

Mine never had a state that said import scan, it just went Tamworth -> Finglas -> Swords -> out for delivery.

So I'm not sure they're consistent with all the tracking scans, you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SlitsK92

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Just arrived for me in Wexford.

In Enniscorthy myself hopefully not long so

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Looks like it’s just pick up from stores any time tomorrow. Last thing I got was a copy of my receipt last Thursday. Good luck :)

I'll do that myself as I've got to collect another one from Gamestop at 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Gonna be a long day waiting for the doorbell damn it

Did anyone get their rewards credits for the console order yet?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

luciddream wrote: »
    So my Xbox shipped Saturday morning from Tamworth with a tracker from MS store (which hasn’t updated since it left on Sat) but I’ve noticed the pending transaction in my bank account (AIB) is gone and my money has been returned. Should
    I be worried?

same thing happened to me, I hope there isn't a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I still haven't even got a shipment notification :(

maximoose wrote: »
    Gonna be a long day waiting for the doorbell damn it

Did anyone get their rewards credits for the console order yet?

I got 416 from the day I ordered it, it's the only thing I bought that day so has to be it, €416 is how much the console cost before tax so 1 for 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I thought it was supposed to be like 20 points per €1 if you are a gold subscriber, I will contact them and see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Gonzo wrote: »
    same thing happened to me, I hope there isn't a problem.

Mines the exact same, no movement since it left Tamworth and money ended up back in my account on Saturday. When I mentioned it to MS they just said it would be charged prior to delivery.

I thought it was supposed to be like 20 points per €1 if you are a gold subscriber, I will contact them and see

I think hardware is 1 for 1, might be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

Mines the exact same, no movement since it left Tamworth and money ended up back in my account on Saturday. When I mentioned it to MS they just said it would be charged prior to delivery.

Fingers crossed that’s the case so, a bit relieved I’m not the only one experiencing this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

To everyone who received their consoles today or will receive them soon.

ENJOY! Hope you all have lots of fun! 🎮

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

so got a knock on door it was the damn postman sat down at desk to moan about it and as i sit down another knock and it was my console :):):)

no update on ups website apart from destination scan in finglas

Advertisement