Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gamu242

Just got mine from microsoft. Was scanned into athlone at 8.50 this morning. UPS called me asking for an eircode and they came 20 minutes later. Longest 20 minutes ever. The textures on the controller feel really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

So now my payment has been sent back to my account ! - Still says paid by paypal on MS' account

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Just arrived!!! Chuffed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Me all morning knowing full well UPS don't deliver here till around 2 or 3pm

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

rm212 wrote: »
    Just arrived!!! Chuffed :D

Where are you based? Really hope I get mine today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

gamu242 wrote: »
    Just got mine from microsoft. Was scanned into athlone at 8.50 this morning. UPS called me asking for an eircode and they came 20 minutes later. Longest 20 minutes ever. The textures on the controller feel really nice.

The controller as a whole feels really nice. Doesn't feel as flimsy/cheap as previous controllers. Nice heft to it too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Console looks great in reality.

Not too big at all.

Completely quiet too
    I also like the feel of new controller. Can confim that old play and charge kit battery fits.

Set ups are very easy. Connect everything turn on and it installs a 775mb update. Controller gets an update too. My controller was also installed by the console no need to press pairing buttons.

I used Xbox app on phone to set up console and that made it very easy.

I'm now installing games from old Xbox One X to Series X via Network Transfer (so clearly kept that connected). Once done I'll restore factor settings on old one ready for sale.

All very easy so far.

I'm guessing retailers are getting their units in these same shipments? Or will they have already received them?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

tony1980 wrote: »
    Where are you based? Really hope I get mine today.

Dublin 13. Latest tracking update said import scan in Dublin yesterday before delivery. Tracking still says due for tomorrow.

Strangely enough, the shock blue controller which was part of the same order hasn't arrived yet, despite dispatching at the same time. That one's tracking still says Tamworth on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dondiddle89

Anybody have any news on gamestop ireland pre orders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Feckin watching a UPS truck driving past my house had me getting up to answer my door only for it to drive to the end of the road to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

antifyre wrote: »
    So now my payment has been sent back to my account ! - Still says paid by paypal on MS' account

Spoke to MS, who are saying it's not taken as they've not received notice that it's been dispatched yet. I've the Serial Number attached to my profile, so looks to be waiting on the update from UPS on where it is!

Probably throws this out to the end of the week, but no matter... as long as it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm jealous of those of you that have your new consoles. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Have you been contacted by them? Did you pre pay the full amount or did you pay and get a voucher code from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

My series X just arrived in Limerick....

Now to get out of work early

Have you been contacted by them? Did you pre pay the full amount or did you pay and get a voucher code from them?

I'm trying to find out for my friend he paid in full got code and done all that but nothing back from gamestop no email or tracking info

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'm trying to find out for my friend he paid in full got code and done all that but nothing back from gamestop no email or tracking info

Not surprised. I bought the Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void CE from GameStop online on an offer and received it 2 days later, 6 months after that I received the dispatch email. :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

I totally forgot to pay the balance on my preorder with Currys who have now refunded me the deposit. Will try Argos and try my luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

he can check the status but I suspect its showing the same as mine...ordered confirmed and that's basically it.
    Gamestop are really really really ****in awful and I won't shed a tear when they close down.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Nope. not a peep. Really would have expected shipping confirmation by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Anyone get their console from UPS in Cork? Mine is still showing as left Tamworth on Saturday...

Hopefully with everyone around me getting them I'll get mine today too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Assassins Creed Valhalla arrived......But no sign of Series X :( ...

Early days yet though as probably won't be 4pm till it arrives where I am

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

for my gamestop order I was emailed and told I was included in launch. was sent payment link last week so mine is fully paid and should be due tomorrow but no shipping report as yet

Not surprised. I bought the Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void CE from GameStop online on an offer and received it 2 days later, 6 months after that I received the dispatch email. :pac: :pac: :pac:

So even tho he got no confirmation email or dispatch email he will still get it

Blazer wrote: »
    he can check the status but I suspect its showing the same as mine...ordered confirmed and that's basically it.
    Gamestop are really really really ****in awful and I won't shed a tear when they close down.

Nothing shows up

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SlitsK92

Just arrived in Enniscorthy :D:D delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Anyone get their console from UPS in Cork? Mine is still showing as left Tamworth on Saturday...

Hopefully with everyone around me getting them I'll get mine today too!

I wouldn't worry about what UPS is showing.

I don't think they've all been scanned on their route. Probably too many.

Mine was showing as Tamworth right up to when it was delivered this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wolfgang Megahertz

No word from Smyths or Harvey Norman thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

So even tho he got no confirmation email or dispatch email he will still get it

I'd say he'll get a dispatch this evening.

• Advertisement

I'd say he'll get a dispatch this evening.

Lets hope so thanks

Advertisement