Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Any inside news as to when Argos will update their site?

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Lets hope so thanks

If it makes it easier I got a txt from gamestop to say I wouldn't have one on launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

dan786 wrote: »
    Any inside news as to when Argos will update their site?

I asked 2 weeks ago in-store and I was told they would not have on launch day ... but I did not want to believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I rang TSB and they said there has been no attempt to take money from my account through paypal yet which tells me the authorised payment on paypal's end hasn't been completed by MS yet. So frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Moiph wrote: »
    I rang TSB and they said there has been no attempt to take money from my account through paypal yet which tells me the authorised payment on paypal's end hasn't been completed by MS yet. So frustrating.

Yeah, I'd say they're just holding until it dispatches and will then take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

m8051 wrote: »
    I asked 2 weeks ago in-store and I was told they would not have on launch day ... but I did not want to believe it.

Yeah it seems they have been shafted i don't think they are getting any ps5s either as Sony came out and said no stores will have any available on launch day, only online orders..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dreamwalker1

Also waiting here for my series X in Cork to arrive - I want to go for a nap but I can't!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bill36

https://www.adverts.ie/22090605
    Few up for sale on Adverts.ie going for around €650

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

So far impressed although sound bar has same issue and won't recognise dolby atmos.

Similar on my one X which is annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SlitsK92 wrote: »
    Just arrived in Enniscorthy :D:D delighted!

He must have had a few stops between me and you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Nopeare

Just received my games, blue shock controller due end of the day and still no dispatch yet from Microsoft for the console

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Got mine there, UPS seems to have roped in every Tom, Dick and Harry to deliver it all today, was just a woman in a car dropping it off. My Eircode was hilariously wrong once again, but I'd say the fact that they've brought in outsiders helps, all they have to focus on is dealing with Xboxes, means that they might have more time to deal with an address that they have to figure out.

The updated networking has really improved things. I'm currently downloading a game at 350 Mbps, a new record for my Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Got mine there, UPS seems to have roped in every Tom, Dick and Harry to deliver it all today, was just a woman in a car dropping it off. My Eircode was hilariously wrong once again, but I'd say the fact that they've brought in outsiders helps, all they have to focus on is dealing with Xboxes, means that they might have more time to deal with an address that they have to figure out.

The updated networking has really improved things. I'm currently downloading a game at 350 Mbps, a new record for my Xbox.

UPS have been a disaster during COVID they have been getting taxi drivers in as contractors so I am guessign that is who deliverd yours today.

In my job I am dealing with couriers daily and UPS across the board have been the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I had a regular lad in a car deliver to me, very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    My series X just arrived in Limerick....

Now to get out of work early

In Limerick too and still waiting on mine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just arrived here in Cork. Description on the packing document on top said "Xbox One S", had a brief increase in heart rate as I tore the box apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Still no follow up text or email from Smyth.Still going there tomorrow at 8am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dreamwalker1

Lucky you Oafley - fingers crossed here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I be lucky to get 3.5Mbps :(

No word from Smyths or Harvey Norman thus far.

Collection or delivery?

I have collection in both. Smyth's have sent more than one message confirming it will be available for pickup from 8am tomorrow.

HN customer care said I'd get an email for collection tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I be lucky to get 3.5Mbps :(

I've imagine, so I might be able to download a few gigs after 2am, If I'm lucky.

I've watched a few unboxing and still, the box is so much smaller than I was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

tony1980 wrote: »
    In Limerick too and still waiting on mine :(

Also in Limerick and waiting (im)patiently.... :)

I know a few have said the tracking is not being updated or very out of date.

Last mine showed was:
    In Transit 11/09/2020 8:24 A.M. Limerick, Ireland Destination Scan

If it arrives today, then that's a bonus, but could be tomorrow also as the normal UPS time has passed for this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

My one arrived there at lunch time. Initial set up was smooth and it's downloading some games now so will be ready to go after work this evening.

The packaging was all really nice quality, feeling more like modern apple style packaging than a traditional console box. The controller feels really nice to hold with the new more tactile surface on the grips, though I haven't actually used it in a game yet.

It has to be said the thing looks utterly stupid sitting horizontally though, but given that I have a normal TV cabinet that's the only way it can go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Just got off the phone with MS and was fed the party line it seems. The representative said that the money from my paypal wouldn't be taken until tomorrow because that's the release day and that UPS won't actually receive the items until release day as well :rolleyes: I guess I just need to sit tight and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Safe to say at this stage 100% not getting it tomorrow if its not shipped yet, can't really understand it, they took the money from me on Friday/Saturday morning, pre ordered it 10-20 minutes after the pre orders went live

Hopefully ill have it before the weekend

JasonRyan wrote: »

Last mine showed was:

If it arrives today, then that's a bonus, but could be tomorrow also as the normal UPS time has passed for this area.

I only checked about an hour ago, and it was still saying end of tomorrow.

Also, the Eircode on the box and sheet bares absolutely no relation to mine. It looks like an English one.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

JasonRyan wrote: »

Last mine showed was:

Last min showed was
    In Transit 11/06/2020 9:17 P.M. Tamworth, United Kingdom.

I hope it hasn't fallen into the Irish Sea

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

Can't get through to MS on the phone. Says there's a lot of calls and then just dropped the call on me.

I know they might not be much help but I was paying with funds in my PayPal rather than using a card (though card is the back up option) so I don't think I would have the same pending charge problem that others had so they might say something different about mine. Hoping they'd let me change to just directly using my card instead if they could.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

For those who've received it, any recommended games that might impress on the hardware? I'm downloading Watchdogs, which I was in the middle of playing through and which I know has a proper next gen version. Also downloading Forza Horizon 4 which I assume will have decent enhancements. Anything else? I know there's a list of "optimised for Series X" games but there's no actual definition of what that means, if it's just the same game at a higher framerate it's not worth bothering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

m8051 wrote: »

Staff wouldnt know much to be honest especially Irish stores. I will have a look in the evening , if not I am sure there will be a second wave before Xmas.

Advertisement