Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

CatInABox wrote: »
    Got mine there, UPS seems to have roped in every Tom, Dick and Harry to deliver it all today, was just a woman in a car dropping it off. My Eircode was hilariously wrong once again, but I'd say the fact that they've brought in outsiders helps, all they have to focus on is dealing with Xboxes, means that they might have more time to deal with an address that they have to figure out.

The updated networking has really improved things. I'm currently downloading a game at 350 Mbps, a new record for my Xbox.

Same for me, seemed to have a UK Postcode on it even though my eircode is clearly on the order.

Not to worry got here. Looks like UPS system is typically UK centric.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭farreca

Just arrived here in Cork. Description on the packing document on top said "Xbox One S", had a brief increase in heart rate as I tore the box apart.

Same re packing slip, my heart sank :D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

JasonRyan wrote: »
    Also in Limerick and waiting (im)patiently.... :)

I know a few have said the tracking is not being updated or very out of date.

Last mine showed was:
    In Transit 11/09/2020 8:24 A.M. Limerick, Ireland Destination Scan

If it arrives today, then that's a bonus, but could be tomorrow also as the normal UPS time has passed for this area.

My last update before delivery was the very same. Just in transit at 8:21am in Limerick.

You'll definitely have it today

quokula wrote: »
    For those who've received it, any recommended games that might impress on the hardware? I'm downloading Watchdogs, which I was in the middle of playing through and which I know has a proper next gen version. Also downloading Forza Horizon 4 which I assume will have decent enhancements. Anything else? I know there's a list of "optimised for Series X" games but there's no actual definition of what that means, if it's just the same game at a higher framerate it's not worth bothering.

I thought framerate was the big thing on this generation?

If it's optimised for X Box Series X/S then graphics and framerates have been improved.

Gears 5 is on Gamepass and available and tomorrow Gears Tactics comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

murpho999 wrote: »
    Same for me, seemed to have a UK Postcode on it even though my eircode is clearly on the order.

Not to worry got here. Looks like UPS system is typically UK centric.
    I hope my eircode not wrong they never find me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

D-Pad on this new controller is really, really nice. One of the nicest D-Pads I've used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Got mine there, UPS seems to have roped in every Tom, Dick and Harry to deliver it all today, was just a woman in a car dropping it off. My Eircode was hilariously wrong once again, but I'd say the fact that they've brought in outsiders helps, all they have to focus on is dealing with Xboxes, means that they might have more time to deal with an address that they have to figure out.

The updated networking has really improved things. I'm currently downloading a game at 350 Mbps, a new record for my Xbox.

Id imagine that's why only some peoples tracking info seems to be updating. Cant imagine the likes of taxi drivers being drafted in would be too diligent on scanning or might not all have equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wolfgang Megahertz

Basil3 wrote: »
    Collection or delivery?

I have collection in both. Smyth's have sent more than one message confirming it will be available for pickup from 8am tomorrow.

HN customer care said I'd get an email for collection tomorrow.

Delivery HN, collection Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derek..

Mr.S wrote: »
    Received in Dublin but tracking still only says left Tamworth!

Anywhere near Clondalkin by any chance? Living in hope here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

My Eircode was hilariously wrong once again, but I'd say the fact that they've brought in outsiders helps

Dodgy Eircode would be unrelated to anyone delivering, it's a regular issue between UPS and MS. It might even have been MS's postcode.

edit: misread your post as implying it was the 'outsider's that helped it having a dodgy postcode!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Can't get through to MS on the phone. Says there's a lot of calls and then just dropped the call on me.

I know they might not be much help but I was paying with funds in my PayPal rather than using a card (though card is the back up option) so I don't think I would have the same pending charge problem that others had so they might say something different about mine. Hoping they'd let me change to just directly using my card instead if they could.

Don't select Xbox option. Get through to anyone and asked to be transferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Microsoft are awful with labels, remeber getting a X while back from them, was missing the actual street and house number and with a random eir code. Thankfully estate and town was on it along with a phone number and the UPS guy was nice enough to call me.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Just got my tracking number, at least there is that, will have my RTX 3080 and Xbox Series X on the same day it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Just got a dispatched email from Microsoft. Late, but it's on the way at least!

Still saying delivery is tomorrow (even in email), but I won't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

#prayforusstillwaiting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

My order just updated 5 minutes ago to "Dispatched" with a UPS tracking number. So likely a Wednesday delivery, happy with that considering it was PayPal that I believe caused my issue. As soon as I changed payment type to CC it went through straight away. At that stage I had missed the first batch shipping date.

Last time I use PayPal for hardware purchases. I have been using PayPal to buy every game for the past 4 years and never had an issue, but it must be something to do with the amount 499.99 being above a security threshold?

Anyway, glad to see things are moving now.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

peejay1986 wrote: »

Same here. Tracking status is "Shipment Ready for UPS"

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

Just had mine delivered a few minutes ago in Limerick (from Microsoft)

Had checked the tracking about 10 minutes before and it hadn't been updated. 2 minutes after the driver was gone, tracking changed with a few steps in between (Out for delivery etc).

Strangely, the dispatch note inside the brown box said 1 x Xbox One S.
    Also had the incorrect eircode on the dispatch note, but there was no eircode at all on the outside of the box.

rob808 wrote: »
    I hope my eircode not wrong they never find me.

I would manage that on UPS site rather than rely on Microsofts system

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

Maestro84 wrote: »
    Last min showed was
    In Transit 11/06/2020 9:17 P.M. Tamworth, United Kingdom.

I hope it hasn't fallen into the Irish Sea

It just hovers over the water.
    Did you not see the marketing reveal..... :D

xbox-series-x-reveal.jpg?itok=9yNbZEHS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

peejay1986 wrote: »

Still saying delivery is tomorrow (even in email), but I won't hold my breath.

Same here .. just got the dispatch mail

If it arrives tomorrow it arrives not fussed just happy it’s on the way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

also just got my email from MS saying it has been dispatched, not yet received by UPS in UK according to tracking so am thinking Wednesday at the earliest

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I was wondering how Microsoft could get the wrong Eircode on my address twice in a row, so I just checked out the Eircode that was on the box, RG6 1WG, and it's the Microsoft offices in Reading :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Smacs89 wrote: »
    Just had mine delivered a few minutes ago in Limerick (from Microsoft)

Had checked the tracking about 10 minutes before and it hadn't been updated. 2 minutes after the driver was gone, tracking changed with a few steps in between (Out for delivery etc).

Strangely, the dispatch note inside the brown box said 1 x Xbox One S.
    Also had the incorrect eircode on the dispatch note, but there was no eircode at all on the outside of the box.

Same here the shipping lables on the inside of my one s said it was for some bloke in the UK and and One X said it was for a One S, someone has fecked something up somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I finally got a shipping notice! The label was created in the UK, fingers crossed there's still a chance of it delivering tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭topnotch

I rang UPS to double check the eircode as there was a mix up last time I ordered from Microsoft. It was too soon as they haven’t the parcel yet so can’t edit label.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just an FYI for everybody still waiting for UPS, it's all totally non standard for this, my parcel is still "Import Scan", the woman delivering didn't have a scanner, and she certainly wasn't going to wait around for a signature, despite the big notice saying "Signature Required".

I wouldn't be surprised if they've ship out a whole load of boxes from Tamworth without scanning them into the system at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

Just got the MS dispatch email too and I can view the tracking. PayPal still have my payment as pending and they still won't let me make new payments until my account is verified so I don't know what will happen if MS come looking for it. Imagine I might owe them and they'd request payment later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I was wondering how Microsoft could get the wrong Eircode on my address twice in a row, so I just checked out the Eircode that was on the box, RG6 1WG, and it's the Microsoft offices in Reading :pac::pac::pac:

Yip, I've received 3 packages alone from MS, office IT related, this year with the postcode of RG6 1WG, MS's own postcode. I've explained it to them before but it's obviously still ongoing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

For anyone wondering Microsoft Support got back to me regarding rewards points for the x and s and said they are not eligible for the reward points, pity but never mind.

Advertisement