Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

recyclops wrote: »
    just went onto cex and sold em my one X was thinking adverts but they are offering 198 for a one X 1tb and that is worth the hassle, will drop it into Bray tomorrow and hope they honor that 198

Are CEX stores open?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derek..

Where GS have gone wrong is taking pre-orsers before pre-orders are open. Meaning people pre-ordering the minute pre-orders opened are missing out.

However everyone should know now if they missed out or not. There shouldn't be anyone confused or wondering whats going on. We haven't got a shipping notification because it hasn't been shipped yet. The release date is tomorrow, anyone getting one today is getting it early from Microsoft. Its not that GS are late.

Even at that, GS have been really shafted with the level 5 restrictions. A few days leeway is totally acceptable imo.

I do agree with the lockdown situation being hard to control.
    I suppose to me it was more a general comment considering he had accused someone of having an unhealthy obsession when he defends GS all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Are CEX stores open?

you can drop off stuff you sell them on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

recyclops wrote: »
    you can drop off stuff you sell them on the website

Sweet, I'll check it out! Thanks for that.

Can see they're only offering a bit less now:
    WeBuy for cash €153.00
    WeBuy for voucher €214.00

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sxb1x1tbb001&categoryName=xbox-one-consoles&superCatName=gaming&title=xbox-one-x-1tb-black-boxed

DPD just called with a package. Wrong address, how cruel :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

wes wrote: »
    I should have avoided this thread. Getting my hopes up of getting it early.

Sure tomorrow will be better, was planning on making space for it tonight and rearranging things etc.

Sure could easily still show up at anytime.....taxi driver brought mine earlier today.....even though a UPS van showed up later in the afternoon to make a U-turn outside the house, so there's more than a bit of chaos in their deliverys.

X, S and Shock Blue Pad today.......play n charge kit (and expansion card i hope) still in the wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

jaykay2 wrote: »
    Received the following email from GameStop support for my pre-order.

"Thank you for contacting GameStop Customer Service.

We are currently experiencing a high volume of orders through our online channels.
    I can see that your order is currently being processed and will ship out today, once shipped you will receive a tracking number and normal delivery time will be 2-3 working days.

Pease note that it can take 24 hours for your tracking link to populate."

I assume the same applies to the rest of you that have a launch console from them.

Still nothing for me from gamestop. I dont care if I have to wait a couple of days. Would just like confirmation it shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 22,172 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

My delivery just updated from Tuesday to end of day Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

McDermotX wrote: »
    Sure could easily still show up at anytime.....taxi driver brought mine earlier today.....even though a UPS van showed up later in the afternoon to make a U-turn outside the house, so there's more than a bit of chaos in their deliverys.

X, S and Shock Blue Pad today.......play n charge kit (and expansion card i hope) still in the wild.

Ah same order I have except the expansion card (waiting till they have 2 TB ones) and just an X. If I get it today, then that will be great, and if I get it tomorrow that will be great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

I don't like the fact ups don't show your full address on tracking website has me worried now for tomorrow since im rural kinda regretting buying off Microsoft store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Lots of people on here be calling there first born Tamworth

The difference between Smyths and Gamestop communication is night and day. Just got this in regard to my PS5 order

Dear Customer,

With release day right around the corner, here's a quick update on your PlayStation 5 Pre-Order!

In the run-up to release day on Thursday 19th November, you can expect the following:

1. The payment will be pre-authorised 2 - 7 days in advance - so double check those funds are available! If for any reason we are unable to pre-authorise your card, you will receive a separate email from us requesting you to re-enter card details. This must be completed within 24 hours of the email being sent to guarantee your order.

2. You will receive an email confirming your order is ready for dispatch 2 - 5 days in advance and with this you now have a tracking link! We are just getting everything ready - your tracking link will NOT BE LIVE UNTIL THE DAY BEFORE release day.

3. In order for us to ensure delivery on release day, your order will be passed over to our carrier partner, one day in advance on Wednesday 18th November.

4. You will receive delivery updates from the carrier directly on Thursday morning 19th November, please watch out for them and let them know if you are not going to be home to take delivery.

Now it's time to get excited for your shiny new PlayStation 5 - I know we are!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭topnotch

rob808 wrote: »
    I don't like the fact ups don't show your full address on tracking website has me worried now for tomorrow since im rural kinda regretting buying off Microsoft store.

Give them a ring and they will make sure your eircode is correct on the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

topnotch wrote: »
    Give them a ring and they will make sure your eircode is correct on the system.
    Do you mean Microsoft store or ups .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

scottigael wrote: »
    Congrats everyone getting from MS. Should have gone that way, GameStop let me down, fully paid off traded in one X on 22nd god only knows when I'll get mine now 2021 whenever, definitely avoiding them from now on cowboys.

It's the lack of communication that's a killer really.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It's gone form Microsoft now and they appear to have wrong eircodes. They appear to have UK post codes on them and are ignoring them.

So follow the tracking ID and manage delivery on the UPS site and click manage delivery and update your details there. You will need to either have an account with UPS or sign up for one to do this.

That should hopefully got through to delivery label.

Either way I'm sure the driver will call you on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

I have officially arrived at Tamworth! (as of 16.30 this evening) - Now have Estimated Delivery end of Wednesday (better than pulling a nail out backwards!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Anyone who ordered from Currys get an update on collection? Guessing it's just go in on tomorrow at any time and collect as I'm not expecting stores to have loads in stock

I've ordered through curry's and received my receipt last week. But haven't heard anything since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Shred

Anyone know what time Argos will make the stock available on their website?

I've been told by someone I know they should be available from tomorrow (they said their store had 11 coming in with 5 of them reserved); catalog number = 844/8262.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭topnotch

UPS +353 1 52 45446

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

murpho999 wrote: »
    It's gone form Microsoft now and they appear to have wrong eircodes. They appear to have UK post codes on them and are ignoring them.

So follow the tracking ID and manage delivery on the UPS site and click manage delivery and update your details there. You will need to either have an account with UPS or sign up for one to do this.

That should hopefully got through to delivery label.

Either way I'm sure the driver will call you on the day.

I called earlier also, as I'm rural location.

UPS helpdesk had the completely wrong eircode on it, was a UK postcode....

She said she couldn't update the eircode until a failed delivery was made.

I then asked her would the driver ring for directions as I'm fairly rural and got a "the drivers do not ring as they do not have company mobiles"

I've gotten called before from them, so thehelpdesk person either does not have the correct story, or the drivers use their own mobiles to get directions as needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bellerophon 13

Hey All,
    I wanted to provide some level of solace to people that order online with Gamestop. I just received on email form Gamestop confirming my order had been processed & will be shipping shortly. The ship date on the invoice is today 09-Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

ondafly wrote: »
    I've ordered through curry's and received my receipt last week. But haven't heard anything since.

Might take a spin up to them in a few mins to ask what the story is with tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

Just want to make sure if anyone else is getting similar UPS updates as my order from MS. I have two so far:

Label created 11/09/2020 1:23pm United Kingdom Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.

And the other one so far:

Shipped 11/09/2020 1:23pm Castle Donington, United Kingdom A missing commercial invoice is causing a delay

Checking because I'm worried about the bolded part seeing as I've been having issues with my PayPal account. The "is causing" part makes it sound like its still a problem and it might not actually be shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Derek.. wrote: »
    Says the person who always seems to jump to Gamestops defence

A new contender? I only stated the truth in any of my GS defence posts, nothing else. Unless you've something to point out...i.e. where I've been wrong to do so? Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
    Lots of the GS posts are way over the top.
    These threads (PS & Xbox pre-orders) as a whole, should be used for reference links, as to when people search for the meaning of Man-babies ;)

Don't take it to heart, I'm sure I've been a bit of a man baby over the years. But seriously look back at some of the previous console pre-order threads. It's more or less the same entertainment value, over the years.
    And yes it can be entertaining, following some of these threads :P

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

JasonRyan wrote: »
    I called earlier also, as I'm rural location.

UPS helpdesk had the completely wrong eircode on it, was a UK postcode....

She said she couldn't update the eircode until a failed delivery was made.

I then asked her would the driver ring for directions as I'm fairly rural and got a "the drivers do not ring as they do not have company mobiles"

I've gotten called before from them, so thehelpdesk person either does not have the correct story, or the drivers use their own mobiles to get directions as needed.

Mine was similar , 1st half of the delivery address was correct and the second half was the bottom half of my parcel motel address and post code :confused: , the girl changed the details though

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gamergirl23

Can someone tell me of GameStop is using UPS aswell and if I should also ring them to make sure that my eircode ainT Wrong ? I haven’t gotten a email yet saying my Xbox has been shipped ...

Can someone tell me of GameStop is using UPS aswell and if I should also ring them to make sure that my eircode ainT Wrong ? I haven’t gotten a email yet saying my Xbox has been shipped ...

Last time I ordered off Gamestop was for Mario Allstars 2 months ago, and they used An Post for mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭offalyguy25

Received my email from GameStop now also, shipped this evening, with An Post tracking number, so probably have it Wednesday......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

My series x scanned at finglas at 1.30pm ... take it no chance of arriving today

Advertisement