Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

Ive ring ups they have my address but Eircode wrong it seem silly they have to wait for a fail before they can up date the address for feck sake Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

I emailed Gamestop customer service and they just replied

Thank you for contacting GameStop Customer Service.

We are currently experiencing a high volume of orders through our online channels.
    I can see that your order is currently has been processed and was shipped today, once shipped you will receive a tracking number and normal delivery time will be 2-3 working days.

For your convenience, I have attached your tracking link below.

Please note that it can take 24 hours for your tracking link to populate.

If you require any further information please just let me know.

Kind Regards,
    Paul - Customer Service Officer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Wednesday delivery from Microsoft/UPS for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Anyone heard from smyths for c&c yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

R.F. wrote: »
    I emailed Gamestop customer service and they just replied

Thank you for contacting GameStop Customer Service.

We are currently experiencing a high volume of orders through our online channels.
    I can see that your order is currently has been processed and was shipped today, once shipped you will receive a tracking number and normal delivery time will be 2-3 working days.

For your convenience, I have attached your tracking link below.

Please note that it can take 24 hours for your tracking link to populate.

If you require any further information please just let me know.

Kind Regards,
    Paul - Customer Service Officer

Can you send me their email address please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Mr.S wrote: »
    It might, they are outsourcing the deliveries to manage the volume so they will probably deliver later then usual.

Not sure how they are managing proof of delivery though, my delivery driver didn’t even have a scanner.

Here's hoping im in monaghan.. I really hope they have the eircode correct or I won't even get it tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

CEX buying them for 544/548/550 and selling for 680/685/690

https://ie.webuy.com/search?stext=xbox%20series%20x%201tb

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wolfgang Megahertz

Ok, so I got some bad news from Harvey Norman re my delivery.

I spoke to someone via online chat. At first it was good news, as my order was being dispatched from a store (less than an hour's drive away) tomorrow. This was obviously good news, so before I said bye, I asked if he had any idea what time it might be due to arrive.

"About 6/7 days".

I asked if I could switch to collection and he said the only way I could do that would be to cancel my order and re-order when they have stock. I was advised not to do that.

Ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Anyone heard from smyths for c&c yet?

got this from Smyths on Friday, nice and ambiguous.

"Hi, you will receive an SMS when your Xbox Series X pre-order is ready for collection. Our stores are open for collection from 8am on launch day: Tues 10th Nov. Photo ID and your till receipt showing the deposit paid are required for collection. If you are collecting on behalf of someone else, you must still have photo ID of the person who placed the order and their till receipt. Remaining balance must be paid via card payment only. Regards, Smyths Toys"

While it says that you'll receive an SMS, it also seems to suggest that you just turn up. Riddle me this!

TBH, I don't really care too much, but if you're going to send out communications to customers, is it too much to ask that the instructions are clear?

I'll pop in around 10am and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Might take a spin up to them in a few mins to ask what the story is with tomorrow

So just walked in and the guys said that the consoles are in the back and just rock up at 10am or whatever opening time your store is and bring your order number and ID

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭topnotch

rob808 wrote: »
    Ive ring ups they have my address but Eircode wrong it seem silly they have to wait for a fail before they can up date the address for feck sake Microsoft.

They will probably ring your mobile. The last UPS delivery I got from Microsoft a controller, they had no eircode. I missed the call and then the guy had left the area for the day. It took a while to sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

Just want to make sure if anyone else is getting similar UPS updates as my order from MS. I have two so far:

Label created 11/09/2020 1:23pm United Kingdom Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.

And the other one so far:

Shipped 11/09/2020 1:23pm Castle Donington, United Kingdom A missing commercial invoice is causing a delay

Checking because I'm worried about the bolded part seeing as I've been having issues with my PayPal account. The "is causing" part makes it sound like its still a problem and it might not actually be shipped.

Just got a third update saying "A missing commercial invoice is causing a delay. The package package will be forwarded to a UPS facility in the destination city"

Anyone have any experience with this issue? Getting worried now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

You'd think UPS are only new in the parcel delivery business. Get a text to confirm eircode at 8am and told delivery will be around 5:30. Check tracking at 5:30 and first update since Friday says 'The receiver will only accept delivery during certain hours. We're adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible.'.

Ring driver and he says the office contacted him to deliver tomorrow and his impression was that I told them I wouldnt be around to receive. Asked him could I meet him and he says grand meet you 5 mins down the road. Hop in car and Im halfway there and he rings to say he can't make it.

So my Series X has been touring around the county all day and no closer to getting it and its off back to the depot now. What a shambles. Wasnt expecting it til tomorrow anyway but you kind of expect to get it if your woken up at 8am for delivery details

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just got an email from Amazon with a £10 off code for an Xbox controller. Works on the new Black, White, Blue or Elite 2 controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

JasonRyan wrote: »
    I called earlier also, as I'm rural location.

UPS helpdesk had the completely wrong eircode on it, was a UK postcode....

She said she couldn't update the eircode until a failed delivery was made.

I then asked her would the driver ring for directions as I'm fairly rural and got a "the drivers do not ring as they do not have company mobiles"

I've gotten called before from them, so thehelpdesk person either does not have the correct story, or the drivers use their own mobiles to get directions as needed.

It's ridiculous that UPS can't get an updated address to their drivers.

I would say there's a reasonable chance the driver will ring you. They seem to have lots of casual staff doing deliveries now as they're extra busy. I'd say
    that's why the drivers don't have phones. Possibly paid per drop so they may use their own phone to contact you.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

No sign of my SeX box from MS, departed Uk 9:31am Friday and still no update on tracking,

guess i'll have to rely on the other one I ordered from Harvey Norman, first world problems.....

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Ok, so I got some bad news from Harvey Norman re my delivery.

I spoke to someone via online chat. At first it was good news, as my order was being dispatched from a store (less than an hour's drive away) tomorrow. This was obviously good news, so before I said bye, I asked if he had any idea what time it might be due to arrive.

"About 6/7 days".

I asked if I could switch to collection and he said the only way I could do that would be to cancel my order and re-order when they have stock. I was advised not to do that.

Ok...

What makes him think 6/7 days? Why would it take that long?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Is a bit ridiculous but a bit disappointed it didn't arrive today after seeing so many others arrive lol.

Hopefully does arrive tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Just got a third update saying "A missing commercial invoice is causing a delay. The package package will be forwarded to a UPS facility in the destination city"

Anyone have any experience with this issue? Getting worried now.

I don't see this on my tracking and my label was created the same minute as you

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Is it out at midnight tonight and will u have any chance of buying online tonight

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I just got an email from Amazon with a £10 off code for an Xbox controller. Works on the new Black, White, Blue or Elite 2 controllers.

Is it a generic one or one specific to you? I'll need to pick up a couple of extra joypads, so I'll take it if you're not using it

Probes wrote: »
    What makes him think 6/7 days? Why would it take that long?

He said DPD are at capacity right now but it could be quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

soap1978 wrote: »
    Is it out at midnight tonight and will u have any chance of buying online tonight

unless you plan on breaking into UPS in Finglas, but I'm sure some will appear on adverts for an inflated price ;)

Ordered on pre-order day around 5pm when the 2nd tranche were launched. Only got the money pre-authorisation there yesterday morning and order status changed to "dispatched" at about 6pm tonight. Showing up as being delivered tomorrow, happy days.

From the MS store also.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

He said DPD are at capacity right now but it could be quicker.

Mad, I guess it'll be next week then. Nevermind, I just restarted Sekiro so might give me a chance to get a chunk of that done in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Is it a generic one or one specific to you? I'll need to pick up a couple of extra joypads, so I'll take it if you're not using it

I’m gonna have 2 that I won’t be using.
    One is blue and coming tomorrow if you’re interested.
    I want to keep one as backup to my elite2 which will definitely be heading back for replacement shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

So just walked in and the guys said that the consoles are in the back and just rock up at 10am or whatever opening time your store is and bring your order number and ID

Nice one. So zoom meeting at ten then I'll go grab it. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Blazer wrote: »
    I’m gonna have 2 that I won’t be using.
    One is blue and coming tomorrow if you’re interested.
    I want to keep one as backup to my elite2 which will definitely be heading back for replacement shortly.

Think he meant the code :D:D

Probes wrote: »
    Mad, I guess it'll be next week then. Nevermind, I just restarted Sekiro so might give me a chance to get a chunk of that done in the meantime.

Have a pre-order at Smyths too but not heard anything from them aside from the generic sms a few days ago.

• Advertisement

Yeah, the code is what I was asking about. :D

Advertisement