Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

Argos sending out emails now to say keep an eye on their website....

Thank you for registering your interest in the new Xbox recently.

Release-day is tomorrow and we’re excited to announce we will have limited stock of the Xbox Series X and Series S available at Argos.ie. It is only available to be ordered online for Click & Collect, so keep an eye out at around breakfast time. Be quick to avoid disappointment, as stock is limited. And please remember, our stores are only open for Click & Collect, so you’ll need to have ordered online and have your collection reference ready before you pick up in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is it a generic one or one specific to you? I'll need to pick up a couple of extra joypads, so I'll take it if you're not using it

It's a unique one. Might grab a new Elite but if I decide against it I'll send it over via PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Ups driver just called me to verify my eir code.
    Said he'll be with me after lunch tomorrow.
    Not all heroes wear capes lads!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Ups driver just called me to verify my eir code.
    Said he'll be with me after lunch tomorrow.
    Not all heroes wear capes lads!!!!

That made me laugh out loud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

JasonRyan wrote: »
    Argos sending out emails now to say keep an eye on their website....

Thank you for registering your interest in the new Xbox recently.

Release-day is tomorrow and we’re excited to announce we will have limited stock of the Xbox Series X and Series S available at Argos.ie. It is only available to be ordered online for Click & Collect, so keep an eye out at around breakfast time. Be quick to avoid disappointment, as stock is limited. And please remember, our stores are only open for Click & Collect, so you’ll need to have ordered online and have your collection reference ready before you pick up in store.

I will get a Series X from Gamestop, presumably later this month. It's a good value trade in and I have made my peace with having it that bit later on that basis.

...So why am I now fighting the urge to get up early and buy a Series S. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I just got an email from Amazon with a £10 off code for an Xbox controller. Works on the new Black, White, Blue or Elite 2 controllers.

Got the same and the below,

Congratulations! Your Xbox console order entitles you to 40% off Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (3 Months

druss wrote: »
    I will get a Series X from Gamestop, presumably later this month.

But will you? :-)

I emailed gamestop and got a copy and paste generic reply your order will be shipped today and will take 2-3 working days.

Very tempted to try argos and do my 14 day statutory rights on the GS order when it eventually arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

druss wrote: »
    I will get a Series X from Gamestop, presumably later this month. It's a good value trade in and I have made my peace with having it that bit later on that basis.

...So why am I now fighting the urge to get up early and buy a Series S. :confused:

Series s has been available to order from ms for the last week , you could have had one delivered tomorrow if you really wanted one .

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Def_IRL

Gamestop tracking ref issued this afternoon for the XBox S - currently in the DHL depot in Finglas for delivery by CoB tomorrow 😄
    bennyl10 wrote: »
    Anyone heard from smyths for c&c yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Surprising solidity to the Series S. Small, but you wouldn't want to drop it on your foot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

I just called UPS about my delivery status changing. Told them it says a missing commercial invoice is causing a delay but they said everything about your package seems fine and sometimes that message can be sent by mistake (twice?) but they didn't sound like they had all of my status updates in front of them. Said you don't need an invoice for delivery to Ireland so it shoudn't be a problem. Doesn't sound like I'll get any update until it arrives here or gets sent back so not much I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

But will you? :-)

I emailed gamestop and got a copy and paste generic reply your order will be shipped today and will take 2-3 working days.

Very tempted to try argos and do my 14 day statutory rights on the GS order when it eventually arrives.

That's a "Wave" 1 though, I presume? I ordered before the official launch date, but I'm still in the next batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wolfgang Megahertz

Has anyone gotten a confirmation sms from Smyths to say their pre-order is there for collection tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Has anyone gotten a confirmation sms from Smyths to say their pre-order is there for collection tomorrow?

Interested in this also..

Imagine it wouldn’t be until shops close tonight

Just had UPS deliver my MS ordered Series X :D:D:D

He said that it's been a mental day for him, in the depot at 05:30 this morning and 3 van loads delivered.

So there may still be others orders coming tonight if the other drivers have had those kind of days too....

As other have mentioned, the eircode on the label was a UK postcode, and description on shipping label says "XBOX ONE S CONSOLE"

Looking at my banking app (AIB) I see that the charge from MS has dropped off the account and funds are returned. Strange one, but assume they'll present the charge again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

No but I got an email from Smyths that mine is on the way (delivery)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

My MS xbox that UPS shipping label was created at 1pm has now shipped snd is at Northampton as of 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Has anyone been able to get suspend resume to actually work? I’ve tried 3 games, Watchdogs, Forza Horizon 4 and No Mans Sky, and no matter what I do any attempt to switch between them just completely restarts the game like it was never suspended. Is there anything special you have to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

String wrote: »
    My MS xbox that UPS shipping label was created at 1pm has now shipped snd is at Northampton as of 7pm.

My shipping label was created at 1.23pm and is still the latest update I have. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

quokula wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to get suspend resume to actually work? I’ve tried 3 games, Watchdogs, Forza Horizon 4 and No Mans Sky, and no matter what I do any attempt to switch between them just completely restarts the game like it was never suspended. Is there anything special you have to do?

Don't believe it works for every game. Plus those 3 games mentioned sound like they wouldn't.

Horizon, don't you need a persistent connection to bring in drivatars etc? I think it's the same for No man's sky and watchdogs no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

quokula wrote: »

Haven't got around to it, will do later, but I could have sworn I heard that Watchdogs didn't work with quick resume (could be wrong as I've no interest in the game)......perhaps thats interfering ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Can I ask what the packaging looks like as its a Christmas present for my young fella and he might be home when it gets here.

UPS app says delivery tomorrow and was purchased direct from Microsoft

Is there anything to identify what it is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

McDermotX wrote: »
    Haven't got around to it, will do later, but I could have sworn I heard that Watchdogs didn't work with quick resume (could be wrong as I've no interest in the game)......perhaps thats interfering ?

Indeed, there are a few games that are currently not compatible with quick resume, afaik both Watchdogs and FH4 are on that list as well as Halo:MCC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

My pending €500 charge has just been released - console was shipped on Friday, tracking left UK on Saturday and expecting it tomorrow. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

If anyone else got that amazon code and isn't using it I'd be delighted to take it from you.

Can I ask what the packaging looks like as its a Christmas present for my young fella and he might be home when it gets here.

UPS app says delivery tomorrow and was purchased direct from Microsoft

Is there anything to identify what it is ?

Brown box. But the shipping label lists the contents (incorrectly as an Xbox One) but still a games console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Origin scan in Northampton at 7.41pm. It's finally moving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stichy

Anyone having an issue with the controller my RT button is sticking and its driving me mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Yeah scanned as shipped from Northampton and still expected Tomorrow, which doesn't seem possible tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

gibgodsman wrote: »
    Yeah scanned as shipped from Northampton and still expected Tomorrow, which doesn't seem possible tbh

Ah it is possible alright, it'll be overnight shipping. It should be scanned into Dublin in the morning.

Advertisement