Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

JasonRyan wrote: »
    Just had UPS deliver my MS ordered Series X :D:D:D

He said that it's been a mental day for him, in the depot at 05:30 this morning and 3 van loads delivered.

So there may still be others orders coming tonight if the other drivers have had those kind of days too....

As other have mentioned, the eircode on the label was a UK postcode, and description on shipping label says "XBOX ONE S CONSOLE"

Looking at my banking app (AIB) I see that the charge from MS has dropped off the account and funds are returned. Strange one, but assume they'll present the charge again.

If you don't mind me asking what county and are you in rural or town?.. Im in rural and still hopeful ha

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Just got an email from GameStop saying my order, an S, has been sent to the courier and a tracking link.
    It’s UPS and no estimated date for delivery yet.

But maybe hope for those on the thread waiting from GS, you may still get an update this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Daveq

I see people mention buying from MS.
    When I go to MS I get... Pre Order > select a retailer
    Is that correct, or can you buy directly from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Stichy wrote: »
    Anyone having an issue with the controller my RT button is sticking and its driving me mad?

That was happening with my scorpio Xbox One X controller when I first got it. It loosens up eventually with use but yea it drove me mad too.

Daveq wrote: »
    I see people mention buying from MS.
    When I go to MS I get... Pre Order > select a retailer
    Is that correct, or can you buy directly from them?

Supposedly they will go back in stock for a short time tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stichy

That was happening with my scorpio Xbox One X controller when I first got it. It loosens up eventually with use but yea it drove me mad too.

Sound I will give it a few days hopefully it frees out a bit very annoying in the middle of a game.

Stichy wrote: »
    Sound I will give it a few days hopefully it frees out a bit very annoying in the middle of a game.

It will take a lot longer than days to free up weeks is where it's at. Mine was the right trigger also.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just some things I've seen.

Gears Tactics (optimised for Series X/S) due to be released tomorrow is availabe.

Any Apple TV Plus users out there (If you got an Apple Phone, Watch or iPad recently you're entitled to 1 year free). A new app is available enabling you to watch via Xbox which is handy as they don't have many TV apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

quokula wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to get suspend resume to actually work? I’ve tried 3 games, Watchdogs, Forza Horizon 4 and No Mans Sky, and no matter what I do any attempt to switch between them just completely restarts the game like it was never suspended. Is there anything special you have to do?

Working for me, I think the games have to be installed on the internal drive and not an external drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Anyone have an idea when argos might update the website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just some things I've seen.

Gears Tactics (optimised for Series X/S) due to be released tomorrow is availabe.

Any Apple TV Plus users out there (If you got an Apple Phone, Watch or iPad recently you're entitled to 1 year free). A new app is available enabling you to watch via Xbox which is handy as they don't have many TV apps.
    Also a free 30 day trial for game pass owners, not bad I'll wait till the Mandalorian season 2 is out in full and use it

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

Should I be worried that my order hasn't moved since leaving Tamworth on Saturday morning? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Got my dispatch from GameStop,

It’s being delivered by an post so that means I might have it next week ha

Amazing ha

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

Just got an email from GameStop, order has been processed and will be shipped shortly, attached is the invoice.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

From about 5:30 to 8:30 my MS order has just gone from:
    Donington (invoice problem) > Northampton (scan) > Northampton facility (departing facility) > Donington (arrived at facility)

Think my Xbox is just doing a loop of the Midlands now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

jammer84 wrote: »
    Just got an email from GameStop, order has been processed and will be shipped shortly, attached is the invoice.

Same here. Defiantly won’t be here tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

Another email just now, dispatch notice with An Post...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

jammer84 wrote: »
    Another email just now, dispatch notice with An Post...

Just got too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Shred

Notdeco wrote: »
    Also a free 30 day trial for game pass owners, not bad I'll wait till the Mandalorian season 2 is out in full and use it

The Mandalorian is a Disney show and not on Apple TV+ :confused:

Shred wrote: »
    Ahh crap!sorry :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Anyone get emails off Smyth's for click and collect?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

Should I be worried that my order hasn't moved since leaving Tamworth on Saturday morning? :eek:

Mine hasn’t moved either, was yours on the 8:31am shipment? I rang UPS earlier on, they said it hadn’t arrived in Ireland yet. I also checked the address they had and my eircode isn’t on it, it has a British postcode instead. The agent told me I couldn’t change the address until tomorrow when it’s due to be delivered...

Shred wrote: »

Theres a Disney + monthly trial as a perk anyways maybe thats what caused confusion..

Sorry meant this one...

Theres a Disney + monthly trial as a perk anyways maybe thats what caused confusion..
    Yea, that's the confusion. Only saw it earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

Mine hasn’t moved either, was yours on the 8:31am shipment? I rang UPS earlier on, they said it hadn’t arrived in Ireland yet. I also checked the address they had and my eircode isn’t on it, it has a British postcode instead. The agent told me I couldn’t change the address until tomorrow when it’s due to be delivered...
    Cheers for that. Yea it's the 8.31 shipment.. fingers crossed for a notification in the morning from them.
    I must check out the eircode on it too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Didn't get that much time with it this evening before the other half took over the TV, but played a couple of games. First impressions:

The controller feels nice to hold, but the buttons are very "clicky", probably something you just get used to or lessens over time.

Playing Watchdogs Legion, a bit disappointed in the graphics to be honest. I was surprised as I expected this to be more of a proper next gen title than older games which have had enhancements. It doesn't really increase the detail of anything that I can notice, it's the same game with ray tracing basically, and I'm not convinced the ray tracing adds much. When it rains the roads look like a mirror, which I guess is their way to show off the ray tracing tech, but it doesn't look remotely like a real wet road. The more diffuse fake reflections in the previous gen game actually look more realistic to me.

Forza Horizon is a bigger enhancement to me, everything just seems to be of higher fidelity and looked absolutely great. The load times are also a huge benefit for switching cars.

Neither game worked with Suspend Resume, and neither did No Man's Sky, which I haven't really played yet, I was just using it to see if suspend resume worked there and it didn't either. So from my random sample, 0 out of 3 games supported it. Might not be the killer feature it's been made out to be if that's a sign of things to come, hopefully it's something they patch and improve. With load times off the SSD being a lot faster, it didn't feel like the end of the world having to sit through initial loads again mind you.

As tomorrow is the official release date, there's a bunch of games only going live then including Yakuza 7 which I've preordered and Tetris Effect and a couple of other things on Gamepass. I played a lot of Tetris Effect on PS4, I'm curious to see if it's been enhanced for next gen consoles.

Cheers for that. Yea it's the 8.31 shipment.. fingers crossed for a notification in the morning from them.
    I must check out the eircode on it too

Mine was in the 4.45pm Shipment on Friday scanned at Finglas at 1.30pm hope they didn't mess these eircodes up ... I have no idea what mobile number I used either UPS Tracking doesn't seem to give much info...

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Mine is on that one. Sound for the info!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Thats worrying. Why has it sat there since Saturday. Have me worried for tomorrow now too

Advertisement