Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

Cheers for that. Yea it's the 8.31 shipment.. fingers crossed for a notification in the morning from them.
    I must check out the eircode on it too

Hopefully they’ll be scanned in by the morning and on their way. I’m a bit worried about the address issue but hopefully the driver will give a call or text and get it sorted like they have for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

GameStop have said 2-3 days, won’t stop me being excited every time I hear a truck drive up the road tomorrow

Also I am expecting other deliveries (uninteresting stuff for my wife and my dog) so will answer the door to courier all excited look at size of package, if it’s small I will slam the door in disgust*

*not really but I will go from happy to sad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Probably missing something simple here, but my controller isn’t waking the Xbox. Connects fine when I hit the consoles power button. I am doing something wrong?

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Thats worrying. Why has it sat there since Saturday. Have me worried for tomorrow now too

I don’t know but I’m hoping that they are being stored somewhere in Ireland but they just haven’t gotten round to scanning them in yet even though the agent said the parcel hadn’t arrived in Ireland as of this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I don’t know but I’m hoping that they are being stored somewhere in Ireland but they just haven’t gotten round to scanning them in yet even though the agent said the parcel hadn’t arrived in Ireland as of this evening!

Recently ordered some hardware from MS, warranty fix and UPS are really bad at their updates. However the process in the background seemed to be working just took their time updating it.

Make sure you check your eircode as others have maintained Microsofts address tool is off, when my ordered got shipped to me it went on a days hold as they address had not eircode or county even though supplied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wolfgang Megahertz

Got my SMS for Smyths. Available tomorrow and for two days. Even though earlier they said until 2nd December...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Friend of mine saying Smyths text has gone out?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pixel Junky

Stichy wrote: »
    Anyone having an issue with the controller my RT button is sticking and its driving me mad?

Yes this is exactly what happened to me a month ago, I tried everything such as hard reset, accessories app and eventually after looking through the internet only found Microsoft pages with the same problem but no solution, the final straw was finding youtube videos where people were either opening up the controller and soldering it to others jamming pencils into to it. I eventually realized I had to buy a new one, so I did.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Friend of mine saying Smyths text has gone out?

Hah, yep!

You not get it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

have to say i'm very worried now about tomorrow between Eircodes and phone numbers and no updates. I've gone into my microsoft account and I do have my eircode listed but I hadn't any phone number so updated that earlier this evening.

When i go into the UPS tracker it just says Dunshaughlin, IE and nothing else which really has me worried and the tracker has not updated since first thing Saturday morning. It's not the end of the world if I don't get it tomorrow but i'd be really annoyed if i'm still trying to chase it down by Friday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

Mine hasn’t moved either, was yours on the 8:31am shipment? I rang UPS earlier on, they said it hadn’t arrived in Ireland yet. I also checked the address they had and my eircode isn’t on it, it has a British postcode instead. The agent told me I couldn’t change the address until tomorrow when it’s due to be delivered...

Mine was on the 8:31 too, still no updates since.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Gosh I am very late to this party, my sister told me today that her 8 year old son is looking for this from Santa. Smyths just says on sale from 10/11/20 and none in store. Currys no option there to click from what I can see . So any ideas guys!! Thanks Val

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Hah, yep!

You not get it?

Phone was being stupid came in once I said it!

Boom

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Email from GS. Series S due tomorrow via UPS.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Recently ordered some hardware from MS, warranty fix and UPS are really bad at their updates. However the process in the background seemed to be working just took their time updating it.

Make sure you check your eircode as others have maintained Microsofts address tool is off, when my ordered got shipped to me it went on a days hold as they address had not eircode or county even though supplied.

They definitely have the wrong eircode for me and I think part of the address was missing too but they can’t change it until the parcel is scanned in Ireland or so I was told but I plan on ringing them again in the morning. I know it‘ll probably be here tomorrow or even Wednesday if the address has to be sorted out but I just didn’t expect all this hassle when the address was supplied correctly, the problem seems to be from MS’s end.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Valyawl wrote: »
    Gosh I am very late to this party, my sister told me today that her 8 year old son is looking for this from Santa. Smyths just says on sale from 10/11/20 and none in store. Currys no option there to click from what I can see . So any ideas guys!! Thanks Val
    Argos, 8:am tomorrow. Or the ms store at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Got my SMS for Smyths. Available tomorrow and for two days. Even though earlier they said until 2nd December...?

Likely automated and hadn't changed to accommodate the circumstances

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Phone was being stupid came in once I said it!

Boom

Yesss. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

They definitely have the wrong eircode for me and I think part of the address was missing too but they can’t change it until the parcel is scanned in Ireland or so I was told but I plan on ringing them again in the morning. I know it‘ll probably be here tomorrow or even Wednesday if the address has to be sorted out but I just didn’t expect all this hassle when the address was supplied correctly, the problem seems to be from MS’s end.

Call them up as soon as you know its in the country, my package did a round trip of their centres in Ireland and ended up in Athlone as they though i lived in Meath. I get the impression the volumes are so high that they wont attempt delivery unless they are sure it can be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Notdeco wrote: »

Few have mentioned that Argos are not getting any tomorrow. Also staff would have first choice for friends and family if they do get any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

dan786 wrote: »
    Few have mentioned that Argos are not getting any tomorrow. Also staff would have first choice for friends and family if they do get any.

I thought it was ps5 they aren’t getting

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Notdeco wrote: »

Why 8am? Would they not be ready at midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

luciddream wrote: »
    Mine was on the 8:31 too, still no updates since.

Mine too, hope they haven’t lost a truck load or something :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Silly question maybe but I was only given the click and collect option from Curry's for my pre-order but the store is outside 5km from me. Has anyone managed to get them to deliver?

Cyrus wrote: »
    I thought it was ps5 they aren’t getting

Xbox apparently not available at launch either

Mr.S wrote: »
    It will be.

Great if it as looking for one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

From gamestop just now

Great news! Your purchase has been sent to the courier for shipping.
    Your order ****** has been processed and will be shipped shortly. Please find your invoice attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Why 8am? Would they not be ready at midnight?
    It was posted on here a good few pages back. A tweet from argos I believe

Edit: an email

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Anyone who ordered from the MS store had the final charge taken from them? The pending charge has come back into my bank now even though I've been playing the Series X for most of the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Update from my MS order, apparently it won't be here until the 11th. Gutted as I ordered first thing when the pre order went live.

And yes, I know I'll survive. Just not expected behaviour from a company like MS.

Advertisement