Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Was hoping to take some time off work to play the new xbox when i get it in a couple of weeks. Saved up annual leave and everything..

Not going to be the same seeing as my wife is working from home. Damn you Covid19!

(all she likes is tetris, just my luck)
    https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/games/tetris-effect-connected

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭B8ZZ

I saw that Smyths are taking orders for controllers and the Play & Charge kit.

If I order them can I pop down to the shop and I'll be able to grab them tomorrow before 3?

Also, unsure if anyone here knows, but whats the story with CeX, I got a old Xbox controller here to trade in, on their site it says you can drop off something you wanna sell, has anyone done that during this lockdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

kiddums wrote: »
    Update from my MS order, apparently it won't be here until the 11th. Gutted as I ordered first thing when the pre order went live.

And yes, I know I'll survive. Just not expected behaviour from a company like MS.

I think two reasons for the delay, first being that covid19 has constraint supply chain logistics for allot of companies and the second being that MS for the most part works through distributors and retailers normally, they would not have the same setup or preparation as some of the other companies.

I believe most if not all the Irish product is coming from overseas and UPS is a horrible courier at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

Mine is still in Tamworth since Sat morning, also got my money back into account, is it being held up due to a payment issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

kiddums wrote: »
    Update from my MS order, apparently it won't be here until the 11th. Gutted as I ordered first thing when the pre order went live.

And yes, I know I'll survive. Just not expected behaviour from a company like MS.

Whe did yours leave England?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

Microsoft mess up with the Eircodes they have English ones just hope the ups guy call me tomorrow or it be Wednesday when I can update my address with my Eircode.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Shockingly bad of Amazon to fail to deliver for so many who pre-ordered on Sept 22nd, only being able to say you'll get it by 31st Dec. They are great for other things but I'd never trust them for a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mine is still in Tamworth since Sat morning, also got my money back into account, is it being held up due to a payment issue?

I wouldn't worry about UPS status.

Mine showed as in Tamworth since Friday and never changed but was delivered today.

Also on my cc they only pre-auhtorised last week, it never really came of. Then payment disappeared until this evening and it's now on my credit card account and dated 06/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Whe did yours leave England?

It hasn't. I just checked and it left the castle Bellingham depot 20mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Nopeare

Ms order - only got shipping/tracking today in the batch that went to Northampton first then castle donington (derby) and it’s updated as leaving castle donington at 9:48 potentially to get the boat or a flight as castle donington is next to East Midlands airport? May still be an outside chance of delivery tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

dan786 wrote: »
    Great if it as looking for one myself.

Littlewoods will have them as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Littlewoods will have them as well

Would rather pick one up tomorrow if I can

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

Nopeare wrote: »
    Ms order - only got shipping/tracking today in the batch that went to Northampton first then castle donington (derby) and it’s updated as leaving castle donington at 9:48 potentially to get the boat or a flight as castle donington is next to East Midlands airport? May still be an outside chance of delivery tomorrow

I got the same 9:48 update. Good to know mine is in with another lot now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

luciddream wrote: »
    Mine was on the 8:31 too, still no updates since.

I'm part of the 8.31 gang as well. No updates - hopefully we all get them tomorrow though :)

dan786 wrote: »
    Would rather pick one up tomorrow if I can

It might be a day or two before you could collect it from Argos anyway as they might not actually be in the store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Shred

Notdeco wrote: »
    Sorry meant this one...

Ah yeah, gotcha.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Teothican

does Halo Infinite come with the Xbox in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Teothican wrote: »
    does Halo Infinite come with the Xbox in Ireland?

That game is delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Shred

Just to reiterate what others are saying - Argos will have limited numbers of both Series X and S tomorrow, so best be quick if you're on the hunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Just successfully ordered a series x on the ms Irish website expected delivery on Friday it says .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Cyrus wrote: »
    Just successfully ordered a series x on the ms Irish website expected delivery on Friday it says .

So much for an 8am release

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

OK so my early opinions on the console.

Love the controller, the familiarity of it with the slight tweaks to improve something that was already quite good, haven't used the share button and honestly probably never will.

The familiarity really brings me onto my next point. Tonight's gaming session was no different to last night, so much so my wife had no idea I actually got the new console set up until I said it to her. The dash is very very quick and I moved a few games onto the ssd to test quick resume, I had no issues flick from crash n sane, aragami and spiritfarer.

I am going to stay up until midnight and hopefully bright memory unlocks straight away and I will give it a blast.

The console feels premium and I am sure it's just goin to get much much better.

Quick edit. Game share works exactly as it did on one x. :)

Another edit. So I have games quick resuming that I have not yet moved onto the ssd so bouncing between crash (ssd) spiritfarer (ssd) AC odyssey (external) and cup head (external)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

THe Xbox series X are up for sale on Xbox.com just put a order through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Just ordered one though UK MS Store. German one is also allowing orders to go through

• Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

So now I have the console ordered ! What’s the best way of keeping the controller charged

Is there a specific recharging pack people get or just buy a load of cheap non recharging aa batteries ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jlynam

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Just ordered one though UK MS Store. German one is also allowing orders to go through

Have a link?

Cyrus wrote: »
    So now I have the console ordered ! What’s the best way of keeping the controller charged

Is there a specific recharging pack people get or just buy a load of cheap non recharging aa batteries ?

I have a charge and play kit, two batteries. Leave one in the dock to charge then swap them around when one goes low

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Jlynam wrote: »
    Have a link?
    Still available on the IE store. Might take one or two page refreshes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyKeaneNO16

Had one in the cart on the UK site but didn't checkout on time.
    Is it possible to order from different MS stores and deliver to Ireland?

Advertisement