Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Has any one pre ordered there console yet ?

Pre ordered mine at the weekend in GameStop counting down the days to when ever we might get this console !!!

Wait! Can you pre-order without knowing the price? Do you know the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

JoyPad wrote: »
    Wait! Can you pre-order without knowing the price? Do you know the price?

You totally can, and people are doing it in droves. Not so much for the Xbox Series X, but for the PS5, my local Gamestop quite literally can't keep them out the door.

I was there for like 10 minutes last week, browsing second-hand games, and no less than three young fellas came in, 50 Euro in hand, to preorder a PS5.

The fact it makes zero sense, well, since when people make any sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

What happens if it comes out way more expensive than people predicted, are you stuck with store credit in gamestop then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Or if Gamestop goes down the swanny...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »
    Or if Gamestop goes down the swanny...

Aye, thats the real elephant in the room. tbh, I dont see them going before the new consoles launch, but I do think that once they start adding stuff up in January after the launch and christmas is done, the writing may very well be on the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I'm thinking of ordering direct from MS as I have some credit in my account that I can use towards it. The Xbox One delivery debacle is still in the back of my mind when they fecked up a lot of the launch day deliveries here.

Would appreciate a price and date at this stage so I can figure out if I can afford a new TV to go with it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

What happens if it comes out way more expensive than people predicted, are you stuck with store credit in gamestop then?
    well if you only put down €50 you could just buy xbox credit or a game if the series x expensive.I think it be about €450 to €500, there given about €220 for xbox x and say €120 for the xbox s trade in value.

The problem with series x first party games they weren't really great.They should had not showing Halo infinite but at later stage when it could had look better big mistake by Microsoft.

It show the different approach from Microsoft to Sony.Sony showing of the strength of the ps5 by leaving behind ps4,were as Microsoft seem just to be about services and play any were with any devices which hurts the xbox series x in the long run.

The series x the most powerful console but is left holding hands with the weaker Xbox one going by Halo Infinite reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

rob808 wrote: »

The series x the most powerful console but is left holding hands with the weaker Xbox one going by Halo Infinite reveal.

I think you're right here unfortunately, I've no interest in a ps5 have a ps4 and it gathers dust and i use the Xbox but they need to hopefully step up their game and introduce some killer titles to game pass in the next year ot two or Sony will leave them in the dust. The preorder estimates iv'e heard are that Sony are way way ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Vyse Remastered

I'm really excited about some of the more independent games to show up on the Series X. I think it will be a good year before we see any true AAA titles that show the power of either next gen machine (happy to be proved wrong though).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Some nice looking titles there. Very interested in 12 Minutes, and I feel like I've been waiting for Tunic for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Honestly think that the fact every game shown in the showcase is gonna be a day 1 Gamepass release is being really forgotten. And the fact Halo kind of felt like Halo again while also being an open world on a fcuking Halo ring. Sure, the showcase had no mic drop moments but I actually am really excited for the Series X and the amount of games year 1 vs the PS5 is going to be a huge thing for Microsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    I think you're right here unfortunately, I've no interest in a ps5 have a ps4 and it gathers dust and i use the Xbox but they need to hopefully step up their game and introduce some killer titles to game pass in the next year ot two or Sony will leave them in the dust. The preorder estimates iv'e heard are that Sony are way way ahead.

Sony are going to walk away with it again. Ms have improved everything but still don't have the titles to beat sony. Anyway ill personally still buy it cause I'm old so don't like change but its bizarre no matter what they do they cant seem to catch up at all, they need games like the last of us,god of war etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Myself it’s 50 euros down on a console for something that I am buying day one if it’s 500 or 600 I don’t mind at all,

Also if GameStop gos bust in the next few months again it’s only 50 euros .... money isn’t everything your health is

The reason why I say I don’t care about the price is that I am planning on haveing it for the next 6 or so years and work that our it costs 100 euros a year to keep and look at how much fun you get out of it for 100 euros a year ?

I know plenty of people who would drop 100 euros on drink on a night out !!!!

People pay up to 1600 euros no issues for a phone and have issues paying anything over 400 for a console ? Crazy I tell you !!!

Like myself I bought a switch day one paid I think 400 euros with one game. I think that was a bargain !!! As the amount of use I have got from my switch due to travelling is crazy !!!! But during this madness I am not travelling but hopefully I will be once all this dies down !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

Myself it’s 50 euros down on a console for something that I am buying day one if it’s 500 or 600 I don’t mind at all,

Also if GameStop gos bust in the next few months again it’s only 50 euros .... money isn’t everything your health is

while yes both are true there is a lot less risk just saving the cash over time ( thanks to the lockdown i pretty much have both consoles saved for, price permitting).

The xbox series x if it launches near the ps5 will be easy to get by all accounts, ps5 will wipe the floor with it at launch but imo its a much less attractive console, like it has been said countless times the myth of the greatness of sony exclusives is well over exagerrated, bloodborne, god of war and last of us 2. They are the main games you could only play on ps5.

The other exclusives are all generic open world games that get tiresome very quickly, Xbox doesnt have exclusives anymore really and its a model that i is better for the gamer all round

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Like my 50 euros is down on the console and I know I won’t pay it off to the day I pick it up when ever that might be,

Myself I have the money to buy both consoles but I don’t think I have time to play one never mind two, however at this time I will just go for the Xbox and see what other 1st party games come out for the ps5,

I started the last of us 2 and it looks like uncharted, it plays like uncharted and it’s ok so far, to me the best game I have played this year was the ff7 remake, or the 1st kingdom hearts on the Xbox one x the game is nearly 20 years old and it plays amazing still to this day

But the game as a services model is the way to go, the halo is going to be a game as a service and not a new game every 2 or 3 years like must people think,

But anyways I don’t really care for 1st party games I just won’t something I can turn on go into games pass and go thay looks good download it and play

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1289298976550731776

Hmm, interesting. Really starting to point to Gold going away

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Also, hilarious that it was Symths.ie that leaked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

CatInABox wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1289298976550731776

Hmm, interesting. Really starting to point to Gold going away
    I think it more likely there going the Destiny 2 route with pay campaign Dlc and free to play mp with cosmetic content with real money or earn.This seem to be microsoft strategy going forward seeing Halo infinite a 10 year project.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

rob808 wrote: »
    I think it more likely there going the Destiny 2 route with pay campaign Dlc and free to play mp with cosmetic content with real money or earn.This seem to be microsoft strategy going forward seeing Halo infinite a 10 year project.

I would say as long as you are paying for gamepass it will be "free" then.

Series S has been confirmed by someone getting their hands on one of the new "Robot White" controllers. The manual shows support for "Series X/S".

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1292601950190669825

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Series S has been confirmed by someone getting their hands on one of the new "Robot White" controllers. The manual shows support for "Series X/S".

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1292601950190669825

It's being suggested by sites such as eurogamer that this will be revealed this month. Am expecting a August 2020 event to be held at some stage later in the month. Will be interesting to see what this device brings to the table (and also the price point).

Interesting to note from the Playstation 5 thread is that a lot of the users are planning on buying the Series S as their second console. The main selling points are:

1) The price
    2) Access to Game Pass

I was wondering what demographic/ user base this console would appeal to. This would definitely be a good one to tap into.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Mr.S wrote: »
    Will we get Xbox All Access here? Seems like a decent deal.

Very much doubt it as it never was in place here for the One X or S

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

If you got a PS5 just for exclusives, you could get a Series S with game pass ultimate for everything else and MS exclusives :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

marcbrophy wrote: »
    If you got a PS5 just for exclusives, you could get a Series S with game pass ultimate for everything else and MS exclusives :)

Thats my plan as I already have an S

I'm only getting my first ever PlayStation for the upgraded gta5

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Thats my plan as I already have an S

Why is it not coming to Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I imagine it will be but it was part of Sony's PS5 showcase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Why is it not coming to Xbox?

It is, https://www.techradar.com/news/gta-5-ps5-xbox-series-x

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

SuperS54 wrote: »

Would it not look better on Xbox as it is significantly more powerful. The only thing PS has going for it is a really expensive SSD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Would it not look better on Xbox as it is significantly more powerful. The only thing PS has going for it is a really expensive SSD.

It'll look almost identical on both systems. They have power in different areas but will amount to more or less the same thing in end user terms

Advertisement