Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Argos has saved Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

My local Argos went from Over 5 to out of stick is under 10 seconds. Someone definitely using bots. Most Dublin stores look to be sold out now.

meath4sam wrote: »
    Reserved a S in Argos I hope the honour it.

Why wouldnt they? The demand for S is not that high anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyKeaneNO16

I got one too with Argos thanks to the folk on this page, really appreciate it.
    I was getting the red landing page saying check back soon but after reading this I clicked 'reserve now' directly and it worked.
    This is only visible in list view

• Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭yankinlk

dan786 wrote: »
    My local Argos went from Over 5 to out of stick is under 10 seconds. Someone definitely using bots. Most Dublin stores look to be sold out now.
    Why wouldnt they? The demand for S is not that high anyway.

You underestimate the power of parents searching online at 6am on launch day.

Many thanks for this thread - got mine at Argos. My wife had tried to reserve at Gamestop at start of October and failed. I look like a superhero, logged in here on launch day by random chance and snagged one.

• Advertisement

Only one left in Swords Argos in Dublin. Still quite a few outside Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I had a dream that there was stock and woke up in a panic and checked all the sites. Nothing, was gutted.

Checked here and saw the Argos message about using the PC. Jumped up and ran down to the PC downstairs. I now have one reserved in Galway. :)

There was 5 left. Now 3 so they are going quick.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that when I get there it's still there and not mysteriously out of stock/ put aside for a mate of the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

I got one too with Argos thanks to the folk on this page, really appreciate it.
    I was getting the red landing page saying check back soon but after reading this I clicked 'reserve now' directly and it worked.
    This is only visible in list view
    I would like to second this , thanks everyone

Just keeping my fingers crossed that when I get there it's still there and not mysteriously out of stock/ put aside for a mate of the staff.

Yeah Argos are known for doing that. I would say go in for when store opens so that you get one of the first ones. I am sure staff didnt get a chance yet to reserve so will try their luck.

Now this is pure ....

https://www.adverts.ie/22099193

Posts a screenshot of Argos reservation at well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Gonzo wrote: »
    Finally after no update in 3 days since the Tamworth departure, my xbox was scanned in Dublin at 11pm. Hopefully tomorrow is looking good!

10pm scan here but otherwise the same as you - fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Now this is pure ....

The state of that. The amount of pressure that'll put parents under. What a Sap.

Now this is pure ....

I hope there is loads of stock and these low life's (along with the price gouging CEX are doing) bites them in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

Now this is pure ....

Scumbag, all good feedback so it goes to show when there's money to be made.. some people have no morals

I hope there is loads of stock and these low life's (along with the price gouging CEX are doing) bites them in the ass.

Thats why I never liked Cex, they have been doing that on consoles since March now and parents buy them as some would not even know the real retail of new so just think its a good price and others cant find it elsewhere or get pulled in by the 2 year warranty they offer rather than going for cheaper second hand consoles on Adverts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyKeaneNO16

Argos holding back this much stock is a real kick in the teeth to these resellers looking for mega bucks.
    Hopefully most who want one on release day can manage to source one, Littlewoods might be a good bet later and I'd say the MS Store will have stock again throughout the day.

No way I'm getting back to sleep now I'm buzzing :)

Argos don't hold back any stock

They are allocated stock by Microsoft

Reserving products has been part and parcel of Argos for an age

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Now this is pure ....

I hope he gets robbed on the way home with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    I hope he gets robbed on the way home with it.

Left him a comment.
    Probably get a ban for it but **** that guy.

• Advertisement

Argos holding back this much stock is a real kick in the teeth to these resellers looking for mega bucks.

Argos Ireland dont have a choice as the site is outdated and not setup for preorders so Argos couldn't have sold them before today.

Also I would not class 70-80 units across Ireland a lot of stock. Likes of Gamestop and Smyths took thousands of preorders.

Blazer wrote: »
    Left him a comment.
    Probably get a ban for it but **** that guy.

Haha just read it

Deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I'm assuming they are all reserved now?

Edit: I see it went up at 4 ffs stayed up till 3, set an alarm for 4 just incase, but didn't show it on the page

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

So my X is out for delivery already with UPS, after it's journey to Cologne and back overnight.

Oddly my play and charge kit is showing as delivery for Thursday and it looks to have gone the Tamworth route. I think it's obvious now which route is the expedited/air one versus the land and sea one. :)

Hococop wrote: »
    I'm assuming they are all reserved now?

Looks like it. I dont think the reservations were meant to go live till 8am but there was a way around it. Imagine if Argos cancel all reservations and put them back up at 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Appreciate the heads up about Argos, have to pick one for my nephew. I reserved it said available Wed-Fri but the email says available to collect from day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Argos went live already then?

For me the site is saying the following:
    WATCH THIS SPACE
    This product hasn’t been released yet.
    Please check back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Korvanica wrote: »

Change it to the desktop version.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Sorbet

Got one reserved in Argos this morning after hearing about it on this - thanks for posting. Fingers crossed it's there when I when I get there at lunchtime.

From what I could see there were only a handful left in Dublin Argos stores at 6.18.

Thanks again

• Advertisement

Korvanica wrote: »

Use a desktop, look up series x to get the list of products. But don't click into the X's product page, click the little blue reserve button to the right.

It should open the pop up and let you reserve it.

Advertisement